Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

hmm, they aren't exactly the form team here - but (before the old man goes ape about irrelevant posting) if warnock got in, he might have a look at ronny johnson, a good up and coming player!

this will probably be laughed off the board, and i don't think he's working, but the manager respected most over here is egil olsen, remember him, apparently he was great at getting players to play a certain system, after the inconsistant management styles witnessed at city just lately, it would be nice to have a manager who actually had a playing system....

Wasn't so great at Wimbledon though, was he?

There are better options available to us..

Only known for his moaning?

And there's the reputation that his teams play with fights and desire too, what about quality? honesty? oh, and constantly being in and around the playoffs, the club has no recent major debt, so many seasons around the playoffs with nopromotion, they almost threw it away last season too and also almost saving his from relegation from the premiership too almost but not quite, still cant admit they were not good enough - real sour grapes about the west ham thing, if he is so bitter then take the relegation like a man and deal with the west ham thing afterwards....remember the interview on SS after they went down all he could do is moan, YOU want that here? - something that in our past two premiership seasons we have not been close to doing.

the man is a bad looser and has no self dignity....you really want to be associated with that? i dont.

And note, i said the majority of candidates. There will be some better than him out there, but there's a hell of a lot that are worse.

The only reason this little scumbag would EVER come to our club would be to finish the job started by Peter Taylor and the poison dwarf.

If Mandaric seriously wants to offer this ignorant, paranoid, inadequate bully a chance to ruin OUR club then he should be sectioned before someone shoots him!

"Colin" has had just TWO seasons in top-flight football during his long managerial career. Both have ended in the drop.

Surely that statistic alone should be enough to convince ANYONE with the remotest shred of ambition or affection for City that he is not the man for us, and never will be?

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

If anyone can get us promoted, and get us playing like they were in the premiership, they can moan all they like.

i hear where you are comming from, i want leicester in the prem as much as you but please i urge you to stop and think...will worcock really represent what we ant to be about?

Ah the aggressive 'holier then thou' attitude i've read so much about. Not really need, calm down.

As for am I serious? Well yes I am :thumbup:

Mouthing off about Liverpool playing an under-strength side against Fulham or the Man Utd team against West Ham not being strong enough for his liking? Can't remember which game it was when he dropped half of his first team because he didn't think they'd have a chance anyway. Hypocrit. Why not hold your hands up and say we didn't do enough on the last day, we let slip a 10 point safety buffer and as manager I take responsiblity.

As for his performance on the last day of the season? His time to get Sheff Utd promoted? His ability to irritate almost eveyone else in the game? Any comments on the rest or just on the obvious West Ham situation which everyone agrees with?

exactly.

All,

dont get me wrong i would put up with his apalling judgement and inability to accept defeat and ability to blame others and never put his hand up and accept defeat if he was the man to really bring us into the prem BUT he wont, not in the next 3-4 years anyway.

I'm undecided about Warnock. I used to hate the guy with a passion but this season I've grown to him, his attitude has been a lot more diplomatic and he's concentrated on football not petty arguements.

He's a talented manager but I'm not sure he's right for us, I feel we need a 'new' breed of manager....someone young not stuck in a time-warp. I also fear the aggressive unattractive football that I'm sure Warnock would adopt.

Coleman would still be my top choice.

its a bloody good job he wants a prem club lol

Id hate to have him here, id rather have wortho....they have both been promoted and relegated once, no? the only difference is that wortho took norwich up in less time.

wornock you can go manage a prem club, a non league club or any club inbetween. Dont you dare step foot in my beloved leicester you toss pot.

can someone justify why MM would want him or even why he is MM's kind of man?

1st off, Warnock said "I'd love to get back into the Premiership in the near future," not, "I want to manage a Premiership club"

2nd - Milan nearly broke his neck to sign him up as manager of Pompey

3rd - He's got a good track record, taking Notts County to the top filght, scarboro to their highest ever league position and getting Sheff Utd promoted.

Every manager deserves the right to show passion at whatever level and NW certainly does that although he does go OTT at times.

I must admit I am a fan of his because in a current climate to disregard English managers unless they have just ended succesful playing careers, Warnock has slowly but surely worked his way through the divisions that starte din non league football and ended up at the peak of our game when its en vogue to hire foreign managers or simply make a player a manager.

Also to those who comment on what he said about us, lets be fair and admit that 99.9% of the people in football felt the same way but not many had the guts to come out and say it. It wasnt a personal attack on the people but the way we dealt with the situation.

I commend him for coming up through the leagues, honestly, that's great. BUT we're in with a chance of building now and that kind of sentimentally is irrelevant. His being English and hard working makes no difference to me if he isn't the best man for the job. With his attitude and approach, his less then sparkling record and history with us i've got no time for him and don't want him anywhere near my club.

I'm not fussed about Newell because like i've said before i'm not a huge fan (owing to the lack of evidence after exposing agents and the rant about women). I also don't think what he said about us is the worst thing in the world even though it's timing suggests it was sour grapes, calling for us to get kicked out the league is laughable, he can't control himself. No-one is laughing with Mourinho anymore despit being a foreign coach because it got too much, people laugh at him or despise him for his attitude (classic example being end of this season and Champs League semi final).

Thanks for directing me to Wikipedia. Anyone still in doubt should do the same. Look at the list under 'Disputes' (it's much longer then the list of Honours):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock

Then look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane

His involvement in this episode isn't passion and it's not playing the media, it's a disgrace!

If he comes expect another season of shite to ensue.

Make that five seasons!

His arrival would be the worst day in Leicester City history, bar none!

No that was the day Nigel Worthington stepped foot into our club for me. Taylor ect aside.

Granted I wouldn't call him the second coming or anything, but he had a great hand in keeping us up.

Bar the debacle of the final game of the season, he deserves some thanks IMO.

Make that five seasons!

His arrival would be the worst day in Leicester City history, bar none!

Wat the fook are you on about ? He took Scarboro to their highest ever position, took Notts County to their highest ever position, took Sheff Utd to league cup and fa cup semi finals, play off final and eventually to the Premiership. He has passion and is a disciplinarian, something this current squad needs desperatly. He will turn Leicester back into the team everyone loves to hate, which is the way i like it. Under O'Neill no one liked us because we were this annoying club who played direct football, were passionate, never gave up and ruffled a few feathers. This is the Leicester i want back and Warnock is the best man to do it, if his hunger is still there.

Would we have stayed up anyway?

But I'd rather keep Wortho than have that Yorkshire loudmouth set foot in our city.

I don't think you need to worry ATM, i heard rumours Warnock was in Ireland today anyway, and he's currently 5/4 clear fav with laddies to take the NI job.

Robson and McCall are 7/4 & 2/1 for the Blades job, with Coleman chasing them @7/2

Get your facts right.

Notts County were founder members of the league and had many seasons in the top flight before he even joined.

He took them up for one season and they came straight back down again. The same has just happened with Sheffield United.

He's a nasty piece of work. We could and should be aiming much higher than him.

To even compare him with MON is a supreme insult!

Wat the fook are you on about ? He took Scarboro to their highest ever position, took Notts County to their highest ever position, took Sheff Utd to league cup and fa cup semi finals, play off final and eventually to the Premiership. He has passion and is a disciplinarian, something this current squad needs desperatly. He will turn Leicester back into the team everyone loves to hate, which is the way i like it.

Under O'Neill no one liked us because we were this annoying club who played direct football, were passionate, never gave up and ruffled a few feathers. This is the Leicester i want back and Warnock is the best man to do it, if his hunger is still there. - we were hated? we were looked up to by teams that wanted to gain promotion and build a legacy. Our setup was admired not hated, id go so far as saying our club was used as a blueprint of success. hated is what that willy puller is. Did MON ever say it was their fault? NEVER!! he was he first to say we were poor and they out classed us....etc

Get your facts right.

Notts County were founder members of the league and had many seasons in the top flight before he even joined.

He took them up for one season and they came straight back down again. The same has just happened with Sheffield United.

He's a nasty piece of work. We could and should be aiming much higher than him.

To even compare him with MON is a supreme insult!

a supreme insult is putting it mildly to sa the least

Archived