Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

Warnock hasn't left... yet.

He's been talking to the management at the club, trying to sort his future out. His two year extension talks went very slowly, apparently, and now he's making noises about wanting to keep managing in the premiership for a few more years.

Therefore, it seems likely that he'll be leaving - McCall, his assistant, has already said he wouldn't be surprised if Warnock left.

Or after more money from that big parachute. :cool:

It would be a bit like appointing Wise or Taylor.

How? :dunno::blink::rolleyes:

So he mouthed off, ill informed during our promotion year, that was only because he was playing mind games, big deal.

He is a wind up merchant and doesn't take himsdelf seriously either, which is quite funny seeing as everyone else gets wound up by him lol

So he mouthed off, ill informed during our promotion year, that was only because he was playing mind games, big deal.

He is a wind up merchant and doesn't take himsdelf seriously either, which is quite funny seeing as everyone else gets wound up by him lol

thats true actually it was all mind games he gets rival teams, managers, supporters wound up while he just concentrates on the football!!

I am not saying I am all for this just that Milan is a BIG BIG fan of this man and he is likely to be available today, so we had probably better brace ourselves

Got a bit of a bad feeling about this seeing as MM apparently tried to get him at Pompey. Can't stand the guy and wouldn't want him at our club!

To be fair he was a big fan of Dowie... different club, different situation if you ask me and both those factors make it unlikley that Warnock would be a top target for MM, at the same time if he leaves Sheff Utd i think he'd want to take a break from managment rather than go to another club.

SHEFFIELD United manager Neil Warnock will today quit Bramall Lane after nearly eight years in charge and join Leicester City.

Warnock, who is a free agent this summer, spent several hours in talks with Blades chairman Kevin McCabe yesterday and was again offered a two-year deal to stay.

But the Blades manager will step down after his failure to keep the club in the Premiership and will immediately be offered a fresh challenge at Leicester by Milan Mandaric.

Foxes chairman Mandaric is understood to have decided that former Sheffield Wednesday defender Nigel Worthington, who took temporary charge five games ago, will not get the role permanently.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordon is another admirer of Warnock and could be interested should he opt to axe former Hull City manager Peter Taylor.

Blades officials were staying tight-lipped last night, but a press conference called for this morning is expected to announce a decision on Warnock's future.

Assistant Stuart McCall is likely to be among the candidates considered to replace Warnock, so too ex-Fulham manager Chris Coleman with the Blades expected to opt for a younger coach.

Warnock had raised doubts about his future on Sunday after his side failed to gain the point they needed for survival against Wigan.

He took seven years to get the Blades into the Premiership and wanted to get the club into Europe, but that dream has been shattered by the club's instant relegation.

Top players including defender Phil Jagielka and goalkeeper Paddy Kenny are likely to move on this summer rather than return to the Football League.

Leicester will be among the favourites for promotion thanks to the financial support of multi-millionaire Mandaric.

Warnock was given permission to speak with Mandaric at Portsmouth 17 months ago, but rejected the move.

On His way Then!!!!!

On what basis do you think he doesn't take himself seriously? A wind-up merchant wouldn't keep going after relegation like he has done blaming anyone and everyone for relegation except himself. He had a far easier job then Paul Jewell on the last day of the season and failed to pull it off but then mouthed off about Liverpool, Man Utd, West Ham and anyone else who popped into his head.

Mind games are all well and good but some grace and class is also needed. Of course he winds other people up but for him to accuse this club of cheating (at a time when a lot of people were losing jobs at the club) and for us to then hire him not long after would be a disgrace. If he was appointed then i'd be hugely disappointed but unlike some (who I understand) I would get behind him as manager, just can't imagine chanting his name.

I just hope it's not true.

Warnock has resigned according to the times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle1796039.ece

Neil Warnock resigned as manager of Sheffield United this morning after failing to agree new terms in the wake of the club’s relegation from the Barclays Premiership.

The outspoken Yorkshireman declined the offer last week of a new two-year contract as everyone at the club expected relegation to be avoided, but after a horrendous last-day scenario, in which Wigan Athletic overtook them by winning 2-1 at Bramall Lane and West Ham United triumphed away to Manchester United, Warnock was left to contemplate returning to the Coca-Cola Championship backed by a relatively meagre pay rise of £50,000.

The club have scheduled a press conference for 11am today after the 58-year-old, who has been in charge of his home-city club since December 1999, declined repeated urgings from the board to remain at Bramall Lane. Terry Robinson, the football club chairman, and Kevin McCabe, the plc chairman, have been eager for Warnock to stay. Barring a late twist in their negotiations, Warnock will move on and, with his autobiography scheduled to be published in the autumn, a spell out of the dugout may ensue.

Warnock had said publicly that he wants to stay in the Premiership as his present one-year contract expires. Last week, he revealed that the offer — believed to be £750,000 a year if the club stayed up, or £450,000 upon relegation — was “unacceptable†and that all negotiations would be shelved until this week.

McCabe had been planning to meet Warnock later this week because he expected the controversy over the Carlos Tévez affair to get in the way. But the two men, who are close friends, convened yesterday and failed to reach a compromise. “Neil and I had an arrangement to meet this week and that’s what we are going to do,†McCabe had said before the meeting. “At the time there was a belief that we would be sitting down to discuss our plans for playing in the Premier League next season. I only had two minutes with him on Sunday and there was too much emotion for us to talk about anything like contracts.â€

Stuart McCall, Warnock’s assistant, indicated on Monday that he would not be surprised if his mentor had taken charge of his last match with the club. Having indicated earlier in the season that he would be moving into management this summer, McCall has been touted as a potential successor at Sheffield United, backed by Brian Kidd, the experienced coach, although this would be a gamble.

Call me physic!!! I called this fooker.

Now my take on this.

Neil Warnock is a coont. But so is Martin O'Neill. Warnock is a guy people love to hate, but he has passion and believes in his teams. He doesn't settle for second best and although he comes across as fairly clueless at times (Question of Sport recently proved this), he has achieved success at this level. Would I want him here? Depends who else is interested on coming here.

Tigana is my first choice, but he has a high profile and what he's achieved at Besiktas will mean he'll have admirers all over Europe. But Mandaric is ambitious and persuasive.

As for Warnock's outburst when we went in to Administration, there was a certain Milan Mandaric that was equally as scathing in the press at the time about us. Selective memories?

oh shit.

Not that bad a manager, just don't like him!!

Got passion, milan offered him a job before.

Overlooking the fact that many think he's a willy puller.

I think he'd do a good job here, he gets the best out of players and would give us the kick up the arse we need.

:dunno:

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care whether I like a manager or don't like them. If they get results, i'll back them. Rob Kelly was apparently a likeable bloke and he died on his arse here. Means fook all.

Not come on here to gloat.

But from something that I've been told this morning, Colin has been offered the job at City.

Take it as bullshit but am only telling you from what I've heard.

I know someone who is close mates with a Shef. Utd. player so thta's where he got it from if that's what you're wondering.

If he does go to you then... Unlucky.

Overlooking the fact that many think he's a willy puller.

I think he'd do a good job here, he gets the best out of players and would give us the kick up the arse we need.

:dunno:

Everyone hate savage and we loved him here!!

If he get results i'll be happy!

We could get alot worse managers

As far as i'm concerned, I don't care whether I like a manager or don't like them. If they get results, i'll back them. Rob Kelly was apparently a likeable bloke and he died on his arse here. Means fook all.

:clap:

Archived