Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Neil Warnock | Colin Wanker

Yeah and he'll have more money to spend here than at Sheffield, also it's like a new challenge for him

Why would he? If SU have £10mill a year for 3 years and MM has committed to £4.5mill a year for 2 years.

Milan must be offering him the 750K a year he wanted at Sheff U.

That's about the only reason he'd move from SU to us.

Yeah and he'll have more money to spend here than at Sheffield, also it's like a new challenge for him

To be fair, he did have a few quid in his final few years at Sheffield United in The Championship. The likes of Ifill, Webber, Kabba, etc cost a fair few quid.

Doesn't explain a move from SU to LCFC.

Would you change your train to one that leaves at the same time, (assuming you class SU & LCFC as being at an equal status :dunno: ) but you don't know which one is the express and which is the stopping train?

Money, money, money.

He might have just gone stale at Sheffield United and wants another challenge? I honestly believe that his mind set was that there was no way that they would go down and thats why they spent quite a bit of money (for them) in January. They threw their premiership status away in the last month or two of the season and I reckon he is in shock!

Ive said before that I`d happily accept him here but the problem is he has been quoted as saying he only wants to manage for a couple of years before retiring and that wouldnt be too good for us. Couple the fact that he wants to return to the premiership, I think we can safely rule him out of contention lol

That might be part of the big plan, manage for 2 seasons, get us in the premier, which is his level then become DOF to a new manager.

He knew he'd gone as far as he could with Sheffield United, it's hard for a manager to continue at a club that's been relegated. Especially when you've been there for so long.

Sorry if this has already been posted but it comes from the Yorkshire Post and not a rubbish rumour site....

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football?articleid=2879698

Leicester waiting for Warnock

Neil Warnock

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »

View GalleryBy Ian Appleyard

EXCLUSIVE: Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock will today quit Bramall Lane after nearly eight years in charge and join Leicester City.

Warnock, who is a free agent this summer, spent several hours in talks with Blades chairman Kevin McCabe yesterday and was again offered a two-year deal to stay.

But the Blades manager will step down after his failure to keep the club in the Premiership and will immediately be offered a fresh challenge at Leicester by Milan Mandaric.

Foxes chairman Mandaric is understood to have decided that former Sheffield Wednesday defender Nigel Worthington, who took temporary charge five games ago, will not get the role permanently.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordon is another admirer of Warnock and could be interested should he opt to axe former Hull City manager Peter Taylor.

Blades officials were staying tight-lipped last night, but a press conference called for this morning is expected to announce a decision on Warnock's future.

Assistant Stuart McCall is likely to be among the candidates considered to replace Warnock, so too ex-Fulham manager Chris Coleman with the Blades expected to opt for a younger coach.

Warnock had raised doubts about his future on Sunday after his side failed to gain the point they needed for survival against Wigan.

He took seven years to get the Blades into the Premiership and wanted to get the club into Europe, but that dream has been shattered by the club's instant relegation.

Top players including defender Phil Jagielka and goalkeeper Paddy Kenny are likely to move on this summer rather than return to the Football League.

Leicester will be among the favourites for promotion thanks to the financial support of multi-millionaire Mandaric.

Sorry if this has already been posted but it comes from the Yorkshire Post and not a rubbish rumour site....

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/football?articleid=2879698

Leicester waiting for Warnock

Neil Warnock

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »

View GalleryBy Ian Appleyard

EXCLUSIVE: Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock will today quit Bramall Lane after nearly eight years in charge and join Leicester City.

Warnock, who is a free agent this summer, spent several hours in talks with Blades chairman Kevin McCabe yesterday and was again offered a two-year deal to stay.

But the Blades manager will step down after his failure to keep the club in the Premiership and will immediately be offered a fresh challenge at Leicester by Milan Mandaric.

Foxes chairman Mandaric is understood to have decided that former Sheffield Wednesday defender Nigel Worthington, who took temporary charge five games ago, will not get the role permanently.

Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordon is another admirer of Warnock and could be interested should he opt to axe former Hull City manager Peter Taylor.

Blades officials were staying tight-lipped last night, but a press conference called for this morning is expected to announce a decision on Warnock's future.

Assistant Stuart McCall is likely to be among the candidates considered to replace Warnock, so too ex-Fulham manager Chris Coleman with the Blades expected to opt for a younger coach.

Warnock had raised doubts about his future on Sunday after his side failed to gain the point they needed for survival against Wigan.

He took seven years to get the Blades into the Premiership and wanted to get the club into Europe, but that dream has been shattered by the club's instant relegation.

Top players including defender Phil Jagielka and goalkeeper Paddy Kenny are likely to move on this summer rather than return to the Football League.

Leicester will be among the favourites for promotion thanks to the financial support of multi-millionaire Mandaric.

Don't worry only about 5 times and 3 times in this thread alone. :P

Surely MM has a lot to do with it. Warnock has always had a rocky relationship with the SU board (and fans for that matter). You rarely hear them chant his name down at Bramall Lane, especially in the seasons before they went up. I'm fairly sure he was incredibly close to walking out on SU for Portsmouth, but didn't because he knew that promotion was very likely.

Guest seanfox778

Ah remember when Milan took over and we all thought nothing could go wrong.

please milan don't get Warnock

He's a complete twat, doesn't have a sense of humour and would succeed in making us the most hated club other than Leeds. NO NO NO NO NO, I would rather get relegated than have him herel.

Why would anyone at City give a flying **** about being liked or hated?

The only thing I give a shit about is having a squad that start playing football again and (hopefully) develop into a team that can mount a promotion challenge.

As for his humour, I guess it is subjective...but I think he has a cracking turn of phrase.

Why the hell are people turning their noses up? Who cares if he is a twat? As long as he gets us winning he could be the biggest twat ever for all I care. And anyway, hes an absolute legend - one of the funniest guys in football.

I can't believe some people actually reckon we will get someone like Jean Tigana or Johann Cruyff! Wake up and smell the coffee, if we are not careful we will be stuck with Worthless-ington

Of all the names linked with the club I'd rather see him here than most.

I don't like the bloke but I respect him for the way he is.

Not sure that he has shown a great belief in youth in the past though. He had some right old timers on board to get the up into the premiership.

One thing that he would guarantee though is some passion and if there's one thing that can unite supporters it's that.

Why would he? If SU have £10mill a year for 3 years and MM has committed to £4.5mill a year for 2 years.

The £9M is equity though, and as we saw with Pompey, Milan MAY be willing to loan the club additional funds. I don't think we can assume anything based on the £9M over 2 years, a few month ago we were saying £6M of it would be taken up with running costs.

Of all the names linked with the club I'd rather see him here than most.

I don't like the bloke but I respect him for the way he is.

Not sure that he has shown a great belief in youth in the past though. He had some right old timers on board to get the up into the premiership.

One thing that he would guarantee though is some passion and if there's one thing that can unite supporters it's that.

It's a good point you raise about youths, but he has bought through a fair few in his time at Sheffield United. Tonge, Stephen Quinn, Jagielka, Nick Montgomery and there's a few kids he's played this season like Nicky Law.

I suppose his one massive error of judgement with the kids, was letting Billy Sharp go for peanuts.

He's just who we need.

He wouldn't take any shit like certain managers have in the last few years.

His teams have that never say die attitude that we used to love about our club so much.

Get him in Milan!

Warnock wants swift return

Neil Warnock is looking to make a swift return to management, after confirming his departure from Sheffield United.

The 58-year-old has opted to leave the club by mutual consent and hinted his mind was made up by their failure to avoid relegation from the Premiership.

Paul Jewell left Wigan on Monday and said he was taking a break from the game, but Warnock is eager to jump back onto the management merry-go-round.

"At a time when people are feeling exhausted, I am feeling replenished," he said on Sky Sports News.

I have enjoyed the last 12 months, I feel Sheffield United have been a credit to the Premier League on and off the field.

"But Neil Warnock is full of it again and I am looking forward to one more chance of a challenge in my career.

"I am not sure where it is going to be, I can swear on my kids' life I have nothing lined up. I want to manage in the Premiership and I have a number of years left.

"This last 12 months has given me the appetite to get on now and it will be strange taking over another club somewhere else, but it is going to be great for me to start again with another club and try and get success as quickly as possible.

"I am relishing the challenge and it drives me on to be back in the Premiership in the near future."

Warnock feels the foundations are in place for The Blades to bounce back and expects the club to flourish under his successor.

"It is about the right thing for Sheffield United and it would be nice to leave when the time was right," Warnock said at a press conference on Sky Sports News. "Of course if Sunday had not happened then I would not have thought of leaving, but it has and we move on.

"I just feel that from Sheffield United where we were seven years ago, we have a fabulous complex and a new breed of supporter.

"The pride has come back into Bramall Lane and that is what Kevin (McCabe) and I set out to do.

"I think the club is geared towards success. I believe it is one of the best jobs going for a manager now and we have a great squad.

"I think we will be the favourites of the three who went down to come back up.

"Some lucky man is going to take this club over and the infrastructure is there and the progression will be straight away."

Warnock has insisted his decision to leave was not motivated by money.

He added: "I have heard one or two things coming up mentioning money, but money has never once entered into the conversation between me and Kevin.

"Over the last few weeks, people have said things but we wanted to wait and it is for the best interests of the club."

Doesn't explain a move from SU to LCFC.

Would you change your train to one that leaves at the same time, (assuming you class SU & LCFC as being at an equal status :dunno: ) but you don't know which one is the express and which is the stopping train?

I would hope that LCFC and SU are trains going in opposite directions, then you can get that nice dppler effect sound as they pass each other. Anyhow if we want anyone from Sheff U it should be Stuart McCall. A great player,highly respected at that club as a coach and motivator, got alot to prove and (hopefully) trying to come up in the world.

To be fair, he did have a few quid in his final few years at Sheffield United in The Championship. The likes of Ifill, Webber, Kabba, etc cost a fair few quid.

when he finally got some cash together at sheff utd he was able to mount a serious promotion challenge

and got them up.

id welcome him to be fair above the likes of ince!!

get jagielka and tonge in to add some steel finally.

id rather have a team like sheff u's than citys recent shambles

Just to be clear, what Warnock said was "I'd love to get back into the Premiership in the near future," not, "I want to manage a Premiership club". To me that reads like he wants to take a club back up there via promotion from the Championship, and when I heard what he said, it sounded like he was deliberatly lining himself up for the Leicester job.

Archived