Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxchop

Gerry Taggart

I met him last summer after he played in a charity football match at Barrow and he said that his knee swelled up like a balloon after playing 90 minutes then. I'm surprised that he's going to start playing again. Think he'll find it quite hard.

I'm really surprised he's proposing to play again. There comes a time for all of us and I would imagine Gerry would be better off concentrating on his coaching career.

There's every chance he'll have something to offer but combining playing and coaching is not easy and it is never particularly satisfying, having been a decent player, to find your standard slipping and your legs failing to keep up with your brain.

For all that it's his career, his choice and I wish him every success.

Jeez he was so when with us and training everyday, I shudder to think how slow he is now. I feel sorry for the strikers in that league though as I can see good ol Gerry sending a few of them into the air as frustration sets in due to not being able to keep up with their pace!

Archived