Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
I8AM

MA's 1st day & requests to see 3 players ....

So it's MA 1st real working day, at the training ground. Rumour has it he has kept in touch while being on holiday and requested to see 3 players this week. Elvis Hammond, Stephen Hughes and Alan Maybury.

What does everyone make of that? IMO it's "there's the door can you close it on your way". On the transfer list as not in his plans.

There must be some of you who think otherwise.......i.e. gonna make Maybury club captain, Hughes captain and asking Hammond who he wants to partner as he will become 1st choice striker !!! 100/1 any of these happening...?

Martin Allen rates Elvis Hammond according to a few on here who met him a while back and he wanted to sign him for MK Dons.

Maybe he's gonna be the one with positive news then. Just hope he see's how awful AM is.

Martin Allen rates Elvis Hammond according to a few on here who met him a while back and he wanted to sign him for MK Dons.

Hopefully he only rates him as a League 2 Striker rather than at Championship level and he's being told he's being used in part-exchange!?

Well he wants to be Hughes' drinking buddy because he heard of his lonely nights in the bars.

He wants to get signed to Hammonds Record label, he always fancied himself as a bit of a lyricist.

And he wants to make Maybury club captain because he has played in the champions league.

This is 100% definate i heard it from my friend who is very close with the tea lady.

:ph34r:

Well he wants to be Hughes' drinking buddy because he heard of his lonely nights in the bars.

He wants to get signed to Hammonds Record label, he always fancied himself as a bit of a lyricist.

And he wants to make Maybury club captain because he has played in the champions league.

This is 100% definate i heard it from my friend who is very close with the tea lady.

:ph34r:

She's no mug then!

lol:appl:

Hopefully some activity, preferably before 11 please Martin. :thumbup:

You can imagine what it might be...

MA gets a place in the Guinness Book of Records for increasing the average age of a Championship football squad more in one day than any other manager in history. :whistle:

You can imagine what it might be...

MA gets a place in the Guinness Book of Records for increasing the average age of a Championship football squad more in one day than any other manager in history. :whistle:

Players we have been linked with:

Under 30

23 Andreas Ivanshitz

28 Marek Saganowski

29 Jimmy Nielson

29 Sasa Ilic

29 Richard Cresswell

22 Lewis Gobern

29 Leon Constantine

29 Carl Cort

22 Izale Mcleod

23 Matty Tubbs

Over 30

37 Arjan De Zeeuw

35 Bruno N'Gotty

32 Radostin Kishishev

30 Lee Hendrie

35 Neil Lennon

Ave Age: 28.8 years...surely not far from the average age of last seasons squad?

Players we have been linked with:

Under 30

23 Andreas Ivanshitz

28 Marek Saganowski

29 Jimmy Nielson

29 Sasa Ilic

29 Richard Cresswell

22 Lewis Gobern

29 Leon Constantine

29 Carl Cort

22 Izale Mcleod

23 Matty Tubbs

Over 30

37 Arjan De Zeeuw

35 Bruno N'Gotty

32 Radostin Kishishev

30 Lee Hendrie

35 Neil Lennon

Ave Age: 28.8 years...surely not far from the average age of last seasons squad?

IMO an average age between 26 and 29 is about the right mix of youth and experience so i would be happy at that

Well I hope he gets rid of Rab now we've got Jimmy N on board. Writing must be on wall for Paddy McCarthy who has been found seriously wanting at this level, hence Bruno N'Gotty.

Serious replacements needed for right and left back plus at least 3 midfielders and 1-2 strikers. Agree Hughes and Maybury no longer required + De Vries needs selling on.

I'm on the fence over Hammond.

Yes he said "elvis hammond looks a handy player, bit of pace". I believe he just thought he was good becuase he was fast and thats really all you need a league two level lol:unsure:

Yes he said "elvis hammond looks a handy player, bit of pace". I believe he just thought he was good becuase he was fast and thats really all you need a league two level lol:unsure:

Thats worrying me. He seemed rather to interested in Elvis.

Yeh wait till he see's him in training though lol

I wouldn't mind us keeping Elvis though, not because I think he's good or effective, or produces a moderately acceptable amount of goals and assists, just because of the entertainment value, one of my favourite players, better than trev i'd say...

So it's MA 1st real working day, at the training ground. Rumour has it he has kept in touch while being on holiday and requested to see 3 players this week. Elvis Hammond, Stephen Hughes and Alan Maybury.

What does everyone make of that? IMO it's "there's the door can you close it on your way". On the transfer list as not in his plans.

There must be some of you who think otherwise.......i.e. gonna make Maybury club captain, Hughes captain and asking Hammond who he wants to partner as he will become 1st choice striker !!! 100/1 any of these happening...?

Who do you know? :D :D :D;):thumbup:

Archived