Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Leicester OAP?

I hate to sound negative but it looks like we are reverting back to bringing in old players... that certainly can't be good for the stability and future of the club!?! De Zeeuw (37), N'gotty (35), Hendrie (30), Holland (33), Neilsen (29) have all been linked if not joined us... where is the good quality more youthful players that would take us forward gone?

Remember the Keown, Dabizas, Dublin and Pressman times... we CAN'T revert back to that!

I hate to sound negative but it looks like we are reverting back to bringing in old players... that certainly can't be good for the stability and future of the club!?! De Zeeuw (37), N'gotty (35), Hendrie (30), Holland (33), Neilsen (29) have all been linked if not joined us... where is the good quality more youthful players that would take us forward gone?

Remember the Keown, Dabizas, Dublin and Pressman times... we CAN'T revert back to that!

This argument would hold some substance if the era of signing younger players had actually made any difference results wise in the past few seasons.

I think there will be a mixture of older players such as N'Gotty, Holland, etc and then paying decent money for good young players such as Jarvis and others.

Can't see a problem with this.

Yes but then as I said, you look back to the last time we did that... wasn't particularly great as the players didn't have the team really at heart...

If he gets in young players as well then I'll be pleased but he needs to really start pulling the team together as a unit during pre-season... that is key.

We signed a 17 year old today!

Yes but then as I said, you look back to the last time we did that... wasn't particularly great as the players didn't have the team really at heart...

If he gets in young players as well then I'll be pleased but he needs to really start pulling the team together as a unit during pre-season... that is key.

Is Martin Allen really the sort of manager who would sign players that weren't eager to put a shift in at Leicester? I think not, whatever age they are.

The young players, when in fact they are not that young, have been worse in the last two seasons than the rejects Adams assembled. If we bring in good quality professionals, thats fine.

FFS we haven't signed these players yet. We have been LINKED with them, as have a number of other clubs. We have also been linked with Leon Best, Lewis Gobern, Izale Mcleod, Billy Jones, Matt Jarvis who are all young players plus we signed a 17 year old today. Get a grip.

No team has a squad full of players that have the club at heart. But as long as they're professionals and do their jobs, then you can't complain. I'm sure Sir Les, Marcus B, McKinley, Walker and other senior players didn't and still don't have the club at heart, but they did a good job for us anyway.

It's a suspicion. MM has gone on record about introducing more "experience" and, of course, in the era of quick-fix-football with no time to build, the suspicion might have good basis.

But so far we've signed signed one oldie, one relatively middle-aged player for a goalkeper, and one youngster, while being linked with everyone else who's got the two feet necessary to wear football boots.

Three broadly experienced players have been placed on the transfer list, Iain Hume's had a new deal and he's not old, Matt Jarvis and Izale McLeod aren't old should they be signed so really the evidence so far is non-existent.

And while you can quote old players as taking us downwards during our recent history, there are also examples of teams with old players who have reached footballing heights, AC Milan in the Champions League and even teams of our own like MON's for example.

My grouse is not about older players as such but the quality, fitness and enthusiasm of those old players which, sadly, has been lacking here in recent years.

MM has mentioned experience and it frightened me somewhat - especially with what turned up - but Allen has talked today about "looking forward" in signing the youngster from QPR. He's got a backroom helper with "integration" experience so let's see if he continues to keep the balance right.

If each player he signs is better than what we had before and each helper adds something more to our combined capability then why complain unless the balance gets seriously lop-sided and we stop producing assets or giving them proper opportunities?

Even as a broad believer in young and hungry I'm not about to condemn anyone simply for "older" providing they justify their existence consistently.

To some extent I agree with your sentiments, although we have only signed N'Gotty so far. I suppose you have to trust the management but having trusted RK and CL over the last few years my worry towards most LCFC transfers has increased.

It's a suspicion. MM has gone on record about introducing more "experience" and, of course, in the era of quick-fix-football with no time to build, the suspicion might have good basis.

But so far we've signed signed one oldie, one relatively middle-aged player for a goalkeper, and one youngster, while being linked with everyone else who's got the two feet necessary to wear football boots.

Three broadly experienced players have been placed on the transfer list, Iain Hume's had a new deal and he's not old, Matt Jarvis and Izale McLeod aren't old should they be signed so really the evidence so far is non-existent.

And while you can quote old players as taking us downwards during our recent history, there are also examples of teams with old players who have reached footballing heights, AC Milan in the Champions League and even teams of our own like MON's for example.

My grouse is not about older players as such but the quality, fitness and enthusiasm of those old players which, sadly, has been lacking here in recent years.

MM has mentioned experience and it frightened me somewhat - especially with what turned up - but Allen has talked today about "looking forward" in signing the youngster from QPR. He's got a backroom helper with "integration" experience so let's see if he continues to keep the balance right.

If each player he signs is better than what we had before and each helper adds something more to our combined capability then why complain unless the balance gets seriously lop-sided and we stop producing assets or giving them proper opportunities?

Even as a broad believer in young and hungry I'm not about to condemn anyone simply for "older" providing they justify their existence consistently.

:appl: About time you posted something along those lines :thumbup:

I can see that the majority of players we've been linked with and a couple which we've signed have been older but I like to think of them as experienced, experience in my opinion we've missed in the last couple of seasons.

Of course there are limits, limits which I feel Micky Adams exceeded during his time as manager but I'm not bothered about the age of players we've been linked with.

With certain players like Hume, Fryatt, McAuley, Kisnorbo, and wesolowski plus the decent youngsters ala. Porter, Mattock and Stearman We we still have many decent enough players which are the right side of 25 and some much younger. so this combined with us being linked with Jarvis from Gilliangam and also McLeod means that this argument doesn't worry me at all.

Firstly, a goalkeeper is usually best around this time in his playing career (29) and also we are signing youthful players, allen sed he wants to get the right blend of youth and experience into the squad...we do need 2 strong experienced center backs and n gotty and de zeeuw would it perfectly

Wow.

:unsure::clap:

Quite possibly the most sensible post you have done. :clap:

Archived