Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Villa

All time favourite City goals?

Steve Thompson against Swindon at Wembley, the equaliser.

Every other goal we scored since that one and every trophy or promotion we won never got close to the sheer euphoria of that moment. Pure bedlem in the Leicester end and I have never been in the same atmosphere since.

Even now when you watch the goal and Mike whitlow gets the ball on the left every hair on my neck stands up and I can feel the headache from the noise willing him forward.

Only other thing that matches it was Gary Caldwell against France :worship:

same choice for me !! from 0-3 to 3-3 i will never ever forget shouting at whitlow to keep going and then sheer class from Thompson to put the ball in the net. magic moment .... :thumbup: .....could still cry thinking about that match it summmed up everything about being a Fox and never giving up...shame that twat Ellery was half blind and gave that stupid peno...... :frusty: ...

Do you mean against Chelsea?

Well his equaliser at the Bridge when we scored 2 in the las 10 minutes to kill of the titles dreams was a stunner. But the following year he twated one from fully 35 yards past Neil Sullivan with his right peg after all of 80 seconds.

So many to mention, most already covered...

Coatsworth v Luton - Mental.

Izzet at Grimsby

Guppy at Wimbledon (30 yarder) and the curling effort at Chelsea to make it 2-2

Colin Gibson v Bristol City 1992

Phil Turner ? v Man City - 1987/88? anyone remember it?

Heskey v Coventry 1-0 at highfield road

but my all time great has to be...

Andy Peake v Liverpool, when you consider the opposition and the fact that it was 35 yards out etc...

Best opponent goal - Jamie Pollock for Middlesboro at Filbert Street in 92...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9lGszn0jM

Super Keith Weller!!

If you have 10 mins to spare, this is the 1974 Luton Vs Leicester gem.

I still think the first goal would stand a chance of Goal of the Season even now.

Exciting game, great times.

Keith Weller :worship:

Jimmy Bloomfield :worship:

Most of the others :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9lGszn0jM

Super Keith Weller!!

If you have 10 mins to spare, this is the 1974 Luton Vs Leicester gem.

I still think the first goal would stand a chance of Goal of the Season even now.

Exciting game, great times.

Keith Weller :worship:

Jimmy Bloomfield :worship:

Most of the others :worship:

That first goal reminds me of cottee's first against sunderland at the stadium of light :worship::worship:

Don't think Claridge Vs Palace will ever be bettered for me.

Outisde the area, injury time of extra time and suddenly we're in the premiership.

15 years old, first time at Wembley. Brilliant, brilliant day. Seen a lot of City goals since and quite a few important or really skillfull ones but nothing to ever match that.

Archived