Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

This is The CLEMENCE topic!

It's on the OS

Back to their old sysstem, better late than never.

Press Conference Called Posted on: Fri 13 Jul 2007

Leicester City boss Martin Allen will be unveiling his 11th summer signing at a Walkers Stadium press conference at 9am.

Make sure you stay tuned to lcfc.com for all the news as it happens.

Clemence Joins Foxes In £1M Deal

Posted on: Fri 13 Jul 2007

Leicester City boss Martin Allen today (Friday) completed his 11th signing and possibly most important signings of the summer with the capture of Stephen Clemence from Birmingham City for a fee that could rise to £1million.

Clemence is well known for his passion, drive, leadership and commitment on the pitch - and those attributes led to him being named Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year awards at St Andrews last season.

In fact the 29-year-old was a key figure in helping Steve Bruce's side to promotion from the Championship, with the Blues winning 24 and drawing four of the 35 games he was involved in over the campaign.

Son of former England, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Ray, Clemence has signed an initial three-year contract with the Foxes.

City boss Martin Allen said: "He is a good, experienced player who is ambitious to do well for us. He was the captain and player of the year in a side which won promotion and I am sure he will be a big asset to the squad.

"There are some young players in the squad who will benefit from his experience."

Clemence started his career at White Hart Lane. He made his debut against Manchester United as a 19-year-old in August 1997, and went on to make 108 appearances in a Spurs shirt.

The Liverpool-born midfielder moved to Birmingham for a fee of £900,000 in January 2003. He went on to make a total of 135 appearances for the Blues - scoring nine goals.

The player was part of the Birmingham side that gained a 2-1 victory over the Foxes at the Walkers Stadium towards the end of the 2006-07 campaign. He has represented England at under 21 level.

Clemence follows Bruno N'Gotty, Jimmy Nielson, Carl Cort, Radostin Kishishev, Ricky Sappleton, James Chambers, Sergio Hellings, Jonathan Hayes, Hossein Kaebi and Shaun Newton through the entrance doors at the Walkers Stadium.

Great news!

A deal "which could rise to £1million" sounds like good business to me for such a proven player, in his peak. I'd imagine that the extra clauses will be based on getting promotion and on appearance... knowing MM it could well be that the initial fee is as low as £400k

Fantastic. This is a really really big signing. Clemence will be a leader in the centre of the park like we haven't had since Lennon. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago if we had a chance in hell of being playoff contenders I would have laughed, but with the spirit MA seems to be building, and signings of this quality I am starting to believe :)

Wow-bet their exaggerating by 250k !

Anybody watching the press conference? Can you give me an overview please- I am stuck in London without sky sports news......

Its not on SSN at the moment

Seems an alright team now:

Nielson

Chambers NGotty Kisnorbo Mattock

Kaabi Kishishev Clemence Hayes

Hume Fryatt

That looks better!

Not sure about cort!

Tbh i think he is one of these players who will inconsistent!

Clemence and Kishishev in the centre.... I don't think we could have done much better. So much determination, influence and tenacity between them. We really shouldn't be bullied with that midfield.

I still think we need better players in the positions that are bold to challenge for promotion.

I think mattock will be alright to be honest if we have another left back for competition and their when mattock has a shocker. To be honest i can really see stearman having a great season this year as imagine he wasn't happy with his last seasons performance. And now with a better budjet Allen will not be scared to throw him out. Im happy with cort as long as their is another striker coming as well just to have more options. I do agree with Hayes however as im not too sure on the lad but i cant make a judgement on the player as i havent seen him ( i dont think).

Just thinking about it more briefly 3-5-2 dosent look that bad either

Nielson

N'Gotty Kisnorbo McAuley

Kaebi Wesolowski Mattock

Kishishev Clemence

Hume Cort/Fryatt

Kaebi and mattock can and have both played in full back or midfield roles. Also we could have hellings in their but i cant really and wont make a judjement on the player until i see at least 90 minutes from him.

Whatever style or formation allen uses it looks like a very exiciting season for us leicester fans and comparing that to last season team i think we will do well :thumbup:

Archived