Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

This is The CLEMENCE topic!

Am I the only one who's totally underwhelmed by this signing?

I hope he goes on to prove me wrong and being named player of the season and players player of the season last season gives some hope, but if he was that good. Why let him go? :unsure:

They wouldnt guarantee him first team football and at 29 he is a rarity, a footballer who would rather play instead of warming a bench and picking up money like some of the bums around at present. As much as he has never been my favourite player we cant grumble with the facts that ahead of Bentdner, Muamba, McSheffery and the rest, it was Clemence who was named player of the year by his colleagues and supporters. That in itself should tell you how effective the lad is and stepping down a division to play for us also confirms the type of man he is, a winner!

Because they're in the Premiership and Bruce thinks that Flamini or Ghaly will do a better job, something I'm not convinced about personally.

If you're going to be underwhelmed by signing one of last season's promoted team's Player of the Year then who on earth would you be excited about?

Let's not lose sight of where we were last season. We wanted proven quality for this division. Clemence is definitely that.

So if we get promoted next season we're stuck with him for another two seasons in a league he's clearly not capable of competeing in! :unsure:

I don't know! Good luck and all that, but I feel there's better out there. At least we got him reasonably cheap.

So if we get promoted next season we're stuck with him for another two seasons in a league he's clearly not capable of competeing in! :unsure:

I don't know! Good luck and all that, but I feel there's better out there. At least we got him reasonably cheap.

I don't see why he's "clearly not capable of competing in the Premiership". It's just one man's opinion that has led to him becoming available. He's played there nearly his whole career and only been relegated once, it's not like he's Hermann Hreidarsson who gets relegated every year and still gets bought by a Premiership club this summer.

Regardless, our main aim is promotion. What happens if we get to the Premiership is immaterial. Let's not try to run before we can walk, this is a great signing and we have a tough season ahead of us in which Clemence will be an asset.

I don't see why he's "clearly not capable of competing in the Premiership". It's just one man's opinion that has led to him becoming available. He's played there nearly his whole career and only been relegated once, it's not like he's Hermann Hreidarsson who gets relegated every year and still gets bought by a Premiership club this summer.

Regardless, our main aim is promotion. What happens if we get to the Premiership is immaterial. Let's not try to run before we can walk, this is a great signing and we have a tough season ahead of us in which Clemence will be an asset.

Top post! :thumbup: People moan that we don't spend any money, and now were have, they are moaning about who we have spent it on :frusty:

I agree with everything anyone has said about this signing as long as it was positive.

Not having read the thread at all, I don't agree with the negative crap in the strongest possible terms. I can't believe it has been written and it makes me seeth just to think that it might have been.

By the way, has anyone seen my burnt pubes?

I agree with everything anyone has said about this signing as long as it was positive.

Not having read the thread at all, I don't agree with the negative crap in the strongest possible terms. I can't believe it has been written and it makes me seeth just to think that it might have been.

By the way, has anyone seen my burnt pubes?

Yes, they were wrapped around a turd I found in Brinklow, I had the urge to set fire to it, and it smelt. It was a right little rasper, belting

What are you on about? He's played almost his whole career in the premiership and has been quality there for both Spurs and Birmingham.

Plus, if we do get promoted Clemence is likely to be a big factor in that anyway so what on Earth have you got to moan about. This is a sensational transfer and far beyond anything I'm sure most of us have been expecting - were you hoping for Reo Coker or something? Or is this a subtle attempt at satire in that people on this forum complain a lot?

I dont really see how any of us can moan about this signing. :dunno:

Oooh....

Three year deal for a 29-year old. Risky.

No real goalscoring pedigree. Unpromising.

Only 200-odd starts in a 13 year career. Hardly inspiring.

Not a creative player. Just another ball-winner then.

;)

Least of our worries.

I wasn't being negative i think it's a really solid if unspectacular signing and sorely needed, I really do hope he anchors himself a place in midfield for the next 3 years.

As for the Premier comment, I'm the eternal worrier :unsure::mellow::blink::huh:

What are you on about? He's played almost his whole career in the premiership and has been quality there for both Spurs and Birmingham.

Plus, if we do get promoted Clemence is likely to be a big factor in that anyway so what on Earth have you got to moan about. This is a sensational transfer and far beyond anything I'm sure most of us have been expecting - were you hoping for Reo Coker or something? Or is this a subtle attempt at satire in that people on this forum complain a lot?

We are a long way from having the quality he's used to playing with for a start!

Don't get me wrong he's better then anything we had last season but I'm still underwhelmed.

He gonna have to work twice as hard to repeat last season and I'm not sure he can never mind will.

We are a long way from having the quality he's used to playing with for a start!

Don't get me wrong he's better then anything we had last season but I'm still underwhelmed.

He gonna have to work twice as hard to repeat last season and I'm not sure he can never mind will.

Who the hell do you think we are?

I agree HH , looking at some of the other teams around i still think we are well short of quality for top 6 ; the bookies have us at 16-1 for the title and they are not usually far out ; those odds suggest to me there are at least 7 or 8 rated above us but lets stay optimistic :thumbup:

I hope I'm wrong but a million for Clemence looks more like good business for Birmingham than for us.

He's OK and at this level he will do well but he aint going to pull up any trees.

I suppose I have to get into perspective our situation and the fact that we have a relatively inexperienced Manager at this level, and that may be contributing to where and for how much our new signings are arriving from.

IF DJ Campbell is next and Allen pays 1.5 mill for him that will be more cracking business for Birmingham.

Again I hope I am wring but he looks more like an effective lower league player to me than anything else. Obviously Allen knows him from old but I believe with hume, de Vries, Fryatt and cort at the club it will be money wasted on a risky player.

I'd rather see fowler come in on a free with a bigger salary.

Archived