Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

This is The CLEMENCE topic!

The first solid proven signing by mad dog.. hopefully 2 more and we will be looking for a higher finish than last season for sure, a good team is built on solid foundations. I'm glad to see MM is now starting to reach into his pockets (a little) deep pockets -short arms we've spent 100,00K as we recoup 650,000 from Paddy Mac.

Good Business I think

I think N'Gotty and Kishishev at least would also come into that field.

Least of our worries.
I don't see why he's "clearly not capable of competing in the Premiership". It's just one man's opinion that has led to him becoming available. He's played there nearly his whole career and only been relegated once, it's not like he's Hermann Hreidarsson who gets relegated every year and still gets bought by a Premiership club this summer.

Regardless, our main aim is promotion. What happens if we get to the Premiership is immaterial. Let's not try to run before we can walk, this is a great signing and we have a tough season ahead of us in which Clemence will be an asset.

Nailed the correct answers there :thumbup:

This is rubbish, £1,000,000 for him, why didn't we buy a midfielder that will score 20 set up 40 goals a season. Absolutely no ambition whatsoever, I'm not bothered if he's better than any of our midfielders form the previous 2 seasons, I'm still going to moan about him. Why didn't we get scholes?

Fook-a-doodle-do........

How can people be moaning?

We have signed a player who was not only the player of the season, but was captain in a team that won promotion in the division we are trying to get out of.

Absolutely ridiculous that people are still questioning a signing like this. :frusty:

:rolleyes:

This is rubbish, £1,000,000 for him, why didn't we buy a midfielder that will score 20 set up 40 goals a season. Absolutely no ambition whatsoever, I'm not bothered if he's better than any of our midfielders form the previous 2 seasons, I'm still going to moan about him. Why didn't we get scholes?

You've hit the proverbial nail on the head there, with the proverbial.. er. hammer. :unsure:

I think N'Gotty and Kishishev at least would also come into that field.

Nailed the correct answers there :thumbup:

How was it the correct answer? :unsure:

Steve Bruce and 19 other premier managers thought he was not Prem standard, otherwise they'd have signed him!

............................or am I missing something? :unsure:

How was it the correct answer? :unsure:

Steve Bruce and 19 other premier managers thought he was not Prem standard, otherwise they'd have signed him!

............................or am I missing something? :unsure:

This is just nonsense.

Whether he's "Premiership-standard" or not, he's a proven quality player at this level.

I can't believe people are worrying about whether our players would be able to play in the Premiership. We finished 19th last season!! Levein used to bang on about buying young players who could play when we got promoted, Hughes, McCarthy et al, and look where that got us.

This is just nonsense.

Whether he's "Premiership-standard" or not, he's a proven quality player at this level.

I can't believe people are worrying about whether our players would be able to play in the Premiership. We finished 19th last season!! Levein used to bang on about buying young players who could play when we got promoted, Hughes, McCarthy et al, and look where that got us.

It's a none arguement anyway, by his way of thinking all of our players aren't good enough to play in the Premiership, or any player we do sign wouldn't be good enough to play in the Premiership. As if they were they would of signed for one. Simply not the case.

This is just nonsense.

If I was wearing a hat Mr Fez I would certainly take it off to you!!

however as I am not you will have settle for a :thumbup:

and a couldn't agree more

How can people be moaning?

This is probably the single thing that pisses me off most about this forum. Not the idiots who can't spell or repeat threads or don't know their arse from their elbow but the moaning, ungrateful, pessimistic bastards that complain about the signings we've made so far.

This is a quality signing. Player of the year and player's player of the year in a promotion winning side... How, how, how, how HOW can anyone complain? Mmm? Well?

Shhhhhhhhhh.

When you consider the deal is not that far away from what Charlton paid for what was then our 4th choice centre half (fools) - I think its a steal. Finally a "quality" midfield player in our team.

Yeah good point, £750,000 is standard for a solid quality player at this level nowadays and Stephen Clemence is no exception.

It's a none arguement anyway, by his way of thinking all of our players aren't good enough to play in the Premiership, or any player we do sign wouldn't be good enough to play in the Premiership. As if they were they would of signed for one. Simply not the case.

I haven't actually said he isn't a decent player just that the signing has totally underwhelmed me!

He was one of last seasons best players in this league agreed, but he was in a far better squad he's going to have to work twice as hard to repeat last seasons achievements.

He's injury prone he has no pace he doesn't score (6 in 179 games in 13 seasons)much.

Good luck to him anyway.

This is probably the single thing that pisses me off most about this forum. Not the idiots who can't spell or repeat threads or don't know their arse from their elbow but the moaning, ungrateful, pessimistic bastards that complain about the signings we've made so far.

This is a quality signing. Player of the year and player's player of the year in a promotion winning side... How, how, how, how HOW can anyone complain? Mmm? Well?

Shhhhhhhhhh.

You Muppet!

I haven't actually said he isn't a decent player just that the signing has totally underwhelmed me!

He was one of last seasons best players in this league agreed, but he was in a far better squad he's going to have to work twice as hard to repeat last seasons achievements.

He's injury prone he has no pace he doesn't score (6 in 179 games in 13 seasons)much.

Good luck to him anyway.

He's now at another club with a far better squad than the one we had last season, so I don't think he will have to work twice as hard. I think he will be, along with Kish, an inspiration in the middle of the park. If they can get better quality balls to the front men, then I think we could do as well as Brum did last season.

Good luck to him anyway.

Maybe so but I don't see us getting top 2 anyway, three years was the goal and I'm very happy with base being laid down this summer so far, and Clemance is a very good player.

Clemence is towards the top end of what a club in our position can buy. Who the hell are these moaners wanting us to sign? Some amazing world cup star playmaker with amazing goalscoring record, oh, and lets sign him for around 1 million. For ****s sake wake up you clowns and start putting things into perspective.

Archived