Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

This is The CLEMENCE topic!

From OS

Stephen Clemence is determined to command a regular place in the new-look Leicester City line-up.

The 29-year-old talented midfielder has put pen-to-paper on an initial three-year deal at the Walkers Stadium after moving from Premier League new boys Birmingham City for a fee that could rise to £1million.

And while delighted to have finally made the move after days of speculation, Clemence is keen to immediately get down to business.

He said: "I am 29 and I want to play football, and if I'm playing well, then I firmly believe that I will play every week here.

"I don't want to be sitting in the stands and sitting on the bench - that's just not me.

"I want to play football and want to try and achieve something here with Leicester City."

The former England Under-21 international made 135 appearances for the Blues after moving to St Andrews from Tottenham for £900,000 in January 2003.

But he felt it was time for a change after speaking to boss Steve Bruce earlier this month.

"I spoke to Steve Bruce right at the start of pre-season and asked him what he envisaged happening with me.

"I had read all the speculation surrounding me in the papers and he told me of Leicester's interest.

"Once I knew that and that Birmingham were willing to listen, then I just couldn't wait to get here.

"This is a great club and having played here a few times, I know just how well supported it is. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead."

Last season's Player-of-the-Year and Players' Player-of-the-Year also stressed that the arrival of new chairman Milan Mandaric and manager Martin Allen whet his appetite.

"You can see that the chairman is backing the manager and they are both determined to give it a real good go," added Clemence, son of former England goalkeeper Ray.

"I have spoken to the new gaffer and I have been impressed with what he has had to say.

"It's now just a case of getting down to business."

Clemence has become Allen's 11th new signing of the summer and he is relishing the challenge.

"I may have played in the Premier League before but I am still just as ambitious and want to play at the highest level with Leicester.

"It's going to be a tough season - I learned that with Birmingham last time around.

"Every point you play for is a real scrap and if you are not willing to put the effort and work rate in then you are not going to achieve anything."

0,,10274~3318347,00.jpg

Our shirt looks well shit in that picture.

I still think we need a left back and a left winger.... shame we didn't move for McIndoe for £250k imo. I'd have posted that last thought in the McIndoe thread but alas, it was ridiculously closed within 10mins of the news being broken that he'd gone Bristol City. Frustrating.

Certainly +1 (Total +14.5) for a good value signing and probable captain. As for the team selections, seeing as Martin Allen has said he'll decide on the basis of performance, I'd just love to know what evidence anyone has found to pick Hayes, Cort or one or two more.

I'm not discounting anyone nor saying that anyone should or shouldn't be picked but I really am sick of people making assumptions that really aren't based on anything being witnessed at the training ground or on the pitch so far.

Cort, for example, might turn out to be a wonderful signing but has not even been fit enough to play 45 minutes so far.

I still think we need better players in the positions that are bold to challenge for promotion.

agreed, i'd like a 3-5-2 as a few people have suggested although that's unlikely to happen. Get a left sided player and a striker and i think we're set.

Certainly +1 (Total +14.5) for a good value signing and probable captain. As for the team selections, seeing as Martin Allen has said he'll decide on the basis of performance, I'd just love to know what evidence anyone has found to pick Hayes, Cort or one or two more.

I'm not discounting anyone nor saying that anyone should or shouldn't be picked but I really am sick of people making assumptions that really aren't based on anything being witnessed at the training ground or on the pitch so far.

Cort, for example, might turn out to be a wonderful signing but has not even been fit enough to play 45 minutes so far.

You may as well just say what you are thinking: Porter for Hayes, Dodds for Cort. I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong but I'm sure thats what you are getting at. To be fair, I don't want Cort or Hayes in the team yet either.

You may as well just say what you are thinking: Porter for Hayes, Dodds for Cort. I'm sure you will correct me if I am wrong but I'm sure thats what you are getting at. To be fair, I don't want Cort or Hayes in the team yet either.

Dodds is so far down the pecking order I doubt he'd get a place selling pies and pints at half time. And Thracian knows it.

But you might have a point with the Hayes thing though.

In training, Cort didn't really do that warranted any attention, probably still lacking a lot of match fitness I think.

Howver I thougth Hayes did ok in training. Plus when I saw him on Wednesday he looked a tricky player, but lacked an end product. I would think for now Porter will be first choice on the left.

Pleased with the signing, I don't know much about him as a player but all I've heard seems to be good! Plus how cool is it that we've actually got money to spend!

I am well chuffed with this one :yesyes:

The Brum supporters must be a bit miffed. It's not nice losing a player who was the player of the year.

I know how I felt when Joey went. But now we're moving on.

And up. :scarf:

The first solid proven signing by mad dog.. hopefully 2 more and we will be looking for a higher finish than last season for sure, a good team is built on solid foundations. I'm glad to see MM is now starting to reach into his pockets (a little) deep pockets -short arms we've spent 100,00K as we recoup 650,000 from Paddy Mac.

Good Business I think

I've not formed any conclusions about anyone yet but really am trying to base my views on what I see.

And right now I've seen little to convince me from Cort (less than fit) or Hayes (all endeavour but limited outcome).

On the plus side, two-goal Hume, Gradel and Porter have impressed and Mark DeVries has been a surprising bonus.

I've seen nothing of Dodds to help my view of him one way or the other.

But with DJ Campbell's imminent arrival and Izale McLeod still being mentioned I'd say Dodds' only chance of even competing for a place on the bench depends on him doing the one thing that will get him noticed which is scoring goals as soon as the chance arises.

Magic!

Someone of Clemences calibre is what we need at the club. Fantastic boys! :thumbup:

Player of the year, Players player of the year and Captian of a promotion winning side. Now thats a good player lol. I must admit I am a little concerned at the creativity as neither he or Kisha are that well known in scoring goals or creating chances but we the fact is that our signings are getting bigger and better and we are spending some of that cash on signing fees that some thought we wouldnt be and it seems there is more to ome.

Im delighted at the way things are going and I hope its the start of something special.

MM and MA .... :worship: :worship:

With an initial 3 year contract I'm rather hoping that he's the mainstay of the team for the next 3 years and provides us with some much needed continuity. The only doubt would be if we got promoted would he be seen as Premiership quality?

With an initial 3 year contract I'm rather hoping that he's the mainstay of the team for the next 3 years and provides us with some much needed continuity. The only doubt would be if we got promoted would he be seen as Premiership quality?

I wouldnt worry about that. It may sound both heartless and ruthless but the fact is we need to have a plan to get into the Premier League and from there, if it means a total overhaul with a £30m budget then so be it.

We may be lucky and develop players like Mattock who become mainstays and the likes of Hume, Kaebi and Kisnorbo may be able to step up in class but we shouldnt worry about that for now and just hope that this bunch can get us there somehow!

Am I the only one who's totally underwhelmed by this signing?

I hope he goes on to prove me wrong and being named player of the season and players player of the season last season gives some hope, but if he was that good. Why let him go? :unsure:

Because they're in the Premiership and Bruce thinks that Flamini or Ghaly will do a better job, something I'm not convinced about personally.

If you're going to be underwhelmed by signing one of last season's promoted team's Player of the Year then who on earth would you be excited about?

Let's not lose sight of where we were last season. We wanted proven quality for this division. Clemence is definitely that.

Am I the only one who's totally underwhelmed by this signing?

I hope he goes on to prove me wrong and being named player of the season and players player of the season last season gives some hope, but if he was that good. Why let him go? :unsure:

Because they're trying to bank roll a bid for Hossan Ghaly, who is better.

Because they're in the Premiership and Bruce thinks that Flamini or Ghaly will do a better job, something I'm not convinced about personally.

If you're going to be underwhelmed by signing one of last season's promoted team's Player of the Year then who on earth would you be excited about?

Let's not lose sight of where we were last season. We wanted proven quality for this division. Clemence is definitely that.

Great signing, end of

Anyone know how to fix my fooked up body clock? I feel like a turd covered in Daggers burnt pubes

Because they're trying to bank roll a bid for Hossan Ghaly, who is better.

I must admit this signing isnt exactly floating my boat but then he was players player of the year and fans player last year for brum. I always thought of Clemence as an average midfielder...not particularly fast, not particularly great at tackling, not that great pushing forward, not a great finisher....he's a bit of a crab isnt he? hope he turns out good though :thumbup:

Archived