Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

This is The CLEMENCE topic!

No theory I'm affraid just wanted to get is straight in my head.

Best luck to the boy, I hope we are all signing his praises after the first few games.

Failing that we could always make a pass on his missus :)

Look, we all know that there is a massive leap between the championship and the premier league. Birmingham have just been promoted and received about £60 million. They are obviously planning to spend money and Clemence wouldn't be the first choice.

I don't see why people are finding this so hard to believe. You get promoted, you buy better players. :rolleyes:

Fuks sake :rolleyes: if we signed Ronaldo we'd get people on here claiming that he's no good because "if he was that good Milan wouldn't of let him go"

We offered 7 figures they've taken it as they want to get a big name midfielder in.

You could be forgiven for thinking we'd signed Ronaldo after some of the comments I've read on here :rolleyes:

You could be forgiven for thinking we'd signed Ronaldo after some of the comments I've read on here :rolleyes:

I think people are happy that we have signed someone who can make a real difference to our side. I agree he is not Ronaldo but if he was he wouldnt be signing for us. But for the type of player that we can attract / afford he is close to the top of that league and I think that is why people are so happy.

Something is not adding up there.

Think you meant someone.

It's quite straight forward really

All clubs need to strengthen.

Liverpool have just offloaded Luis Garcia and Craig Bellamy. They are not bad players, their manager just wants people who may be better.

Birmingham have just offloaded Stephen Clemence. He is not a bad player, his manager just wants someone who might be better.

Any clearer or shall I ask a Fisher Price rep to explain it?

Just seen Martin Allen on Sky sports news talking about Clemence signing. MA said he is "buzzing for the start of the new season - he feels like the readybreak man with a red glow around him. When the chairman asks me everyday how I am I tell him I am great today is my birthday".

I am sure we are in for some great press conferences this season.

The people moaning clearly don't go and watch the side and clearly didn't go and watch the team last season, hows about you fook off you wankers before I poo on your face

...............and you clearly know it all :rolleyes:

I wish I could find a few of the threads after our "big" signings in the last couple of seasons.

It's pathetic how most of the posts were bigging up everyone we signed only for them to turn out to be shoite!

..............my posts included!

stephen clemence is the best signing so far im over the moon :bounce: with it he's a player who will perform in every game he plays and i personally am happy to throw him the captains armband immediatley as no one really shown they deserved it last season. anyone being sceptical about how good of a deal it is or how there must have bin a reason bruce flogged him hold ya mouth bruce couldn't guarantee him 1st team football & is lookin for a world class replacement simple as.

thats all i have to say on the matter other than good luck clemence :thumbup::scarf:

How was it the correct answer? :unsure:

Steve Bruce and 19 other premier managers thought he was not Prem standard, otherwise they'd have signed him!

............................or am I missing something? :unsure:

My point there was that I agreed with him :)

Just seen Martin Allen on Sky sports news talking about Clemence signing. MA said he is "buzzing for the start of the new season - he feels like the readybreak man with a red glow around him. When the chairman asks me everyday how I am I tell him I am great today is my birthday".

I am sure we are in for some great press conferences this season.

I saw that too, he does talk crap sometimes. But we love him dearly dont we :Plol

i really cannot see how people on here can be slating the signing of clemence

he got player of the season in t a promoted team from the same league we are trying to get out of ffs

theres no pleaseing some people

milan is going to be tested on the DJC signing then, remember him saying he can compete with all of the relegated sides money wise. this is the moment we find out how much he wants premiership.

Clemence is the biggest signing to date.

Anyone who has witnessed the past three sorry seasons knows how often we've lacked quality, inspiration or leadership in midfield.

And Clemence's record at the brummies last season (player of the year in a promoted team) suggests he may just be able to provide it.

The fact that Steve Bruce apparently doesn't rate him as Premiership standard may tell us more about the manager's judgement (which as any bluenose will tell you is far from infallible) than it does about Clemence.

Clemence is the biggest signing to date.

Anyone who has witnessed the past three sorry seasons knows how often we've lacked quality, inspiration or leadership in midfield.

And Clemence's record at the brummies last season (player of the year in a promoted team) suggests he may just be able to provide it.

The fact that Steve Bruce apparently doesn't rate him as Premiership standard may tell us more about the manager's judgement (which as any bluenose will tell you is far from infallible) than it does about Clemence.

Have you had some kind of intensive therapy during the close season, because I am finding myself agreeing with you most of the time :dunno:

:mellow:

milan is going to be tested on the DJC signing then, remember him saying he can compete with all of the relegated sides money wise. this is the moment we find out how much he wants premiership.

I don't think MM HAS to do anything else to prove he wants Premiership football.

The fact he is HERE is indication enough,add in 11 new signings, a new manager and a general feel good factor to the club proves everything.

i don't think it matters to0 much that kish'n'clem © aren't the most creative players - the way i see it is they shut down the opponents and serve it out to kaebi and porter down the wings, and anything else goes over the top for cort to win and knock down to hume.

maybe.

anyway, clemence IS a premiership player who has proved, by his accolades last year, that he is not too big an ego to drop down a league, same with kish at leeds.

Kishishev and clemence in the centre of midfield in my eyes is mouth-watering.

Clemence is a creative midfielder, born to command the midfield. (proven to command midfield after Birmingham captaincy)

Kishishev will close players down and give 110% everytime, constantly up the pitch for support, and help in defence when required

im still worried about right mid and left mid?

Porter Clemence Kishishev Newton??

Now i know there has been a bit of speculation that we should play 3-5-2 and TBH, that formation with the team we have would be a promtion push team and tactic:

----------------Nielson----------------

-------Mcauley N'Gotty Kisnorbo---

Kaebi Clemence Kishishev Mattock

----------------Hume----------------

-------Campbell? Fryatt?-----------

? = DJ Campbell (not a deffinate LCFC player)

Fryatt, is he going to be a first team regular?

Clemence is a great signing, and I hope now that all the detractors who were complaining about our signings a week or two ago are now finally eating their words, because all we had to do was be patient and they would arrive.

If we can get Deej signed sealed delivered and possibly a left back and a centre back I'd be happy.

Not sure whether it'll happen but I'd definitely like to see us play 3-5-2 right now with the players we have:

Neilsen

Chambers

Kisnorbo

N'Gotty

Kaebi

Weso

Clemence

Kisi

Mattock

Hume

Cort

Archived