Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Squad Numbers

Stearmans is obviously all part of his drunken pulling routine

Richie: How old are you love?

Unfortunante Female: 17

Richie: Oh really, thats my squad number at Leicester City who I play for and earn a six figure salary from, Fancy a shag?

1. Jimmy Nielsen

Relates to the total amount of crosses he could at best catch from set-peices during the duration of the entire season :ph34r:

And the number of cheers he got on Saturday from people that weren't being ironic

This comes back to my point about King not being able to impress very easily in short spells due to lack of pace.

N'Gotty/Kishishev/Weso/McAuley/MDV have no pace.

King's like a ghost, very much a Louis Dodds or Martin Peter's type (by style, not ability I'm talking).

But King's problem is that he's a footballer. He's not a footballing thug in any way.

It's the same with Billy McKay and Gradel. Both were a class apart at times at Sunderland - and for much of the rest of last season - but they look harmless.

Martin Allen comes from a genuinely tough background. He seems to like the dockyards closed shop trade union-type comeraderie and footballers to be rock hard - like him.

Mattock, for instance, is not a better footballer than the three mentioned - but he's demonstrably forceful.

Weso, Stearman, Kishishev and N'Gotty are good but they aren't better footballers either. They're tough and uncompromising. They dig.

And it should quickly be accepted by fringe players ... that's the first way to get noticed now.

Apart from quick, simple, accurate, football....get mean. Not pretend mean. Really mean.

It's a ruthless set up under MM/MA. I'm not saying the place is without fun or enjoyment, far from it.

But MA demands the unflinching, unquestioning aggression of recruits at a military camp.

Players need to show that first and their football on top.

Look who's not got squad numbers - Hughes, Maybury, Kenton. Hardly a street gang.

looks like neither sheehan or dodds are going out on loan then......

Sheehan, Dodds & Gradel all had numbers last season, dodds and sheehan were still sent on loan, as i think gradel will be this year, short term 1 to let MA see him without risking him fooking up in our side

looks like neither sheehan or dodds are going out on loan then......

Although he's been injured word I've had is that Dodds is off to Lincoln, though I imagine he can be recalled. Sheehan could have gone to the same club but preferred to stay and challenge for a place, there being, of course, much less competition at full-back than centre-forward.

N'Gotty/Kishishev/Weso/McAuley/MDV have no pace.

King's like a ghost, very much a Louis Dodds or Martin Peter's type (by style, not ability I'm talking).

But King's problem is that he's a footballer. He's not a footballing thug in any way.

It's the same with Billy McKay and Gradel. Both were a class apart at times at Sunderland - and for much of the rest of last season - but they look harmless.

Martin Allen comes from a genuinely tough background. He seems to like the dockyards closed shop trade union-type comeraderie and footballers to be rock hard - like him.

Mattock, for instance, is not a better footballer than the three mentioned - but he's demonstrably forceful.

Weso, Stearman, Kishishev and N'Gotty are good but they aren't better footballers either. They're tough and uncompromising. They dig.

And it should quickly be accepted by fringe players ... that's the first way to get noticed now.

Apart from quick, simple, accurate, football....get mean. Not pretend mean. Really mean.

It's a ruthless set up under MM/MA. I'm not saying the place is without fun or enjoyment, far from it.

But MA demands the unflinching, unquestioning aggression of recruits at a military camp.

Players need to show that first and their football on top.

Look who's not got squad numbers - Hughes, Maybury, Kenton. Hardly a street gang.

Hence Fryatt, him of a namby pamby nature now being deemed a thug after his perfomance at Partick, seems like he really does want to be an Allen player.

Hence Fryatt, him of a namby pamby nature now being deemed a thug after his perfomance at Partick, seems like he really does want to be an Allen player.

Indeed. I suspect one of the big worries MA has about Fryatt is that he's not hard enough for the battle.

Whether he can prove otherwise is the question.

Archived