Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bigjonnyauk

SHOULD WE GO 3-5-2 INSTEAD ?

HI ALL

based on past teams and formations we have always seemed to do ok with a 3-5-2 and with so many other championship teams playing 4-4-2 maybe something different could give us the edge

looking at the players we have aswell then a decent team could be had

------------------------------------------------neilson----------------------------------------------

----------------------------kisnorbo--------ngotty--------macauley------------------------------

---kaeebi---------------------------------------------------------------------mattock

------------------clemence--------------------------weslowski------------------------

------------------------------------hume--------------------------------------------

---------------------campbell-----------------fryatt/new signing----------------

what you think

I quite like the look of that, shame about leaving Kishikev out though because I think he will do well for us, although Wesoloski is definately good enough. MA might have that in mind although 4-4-2 seems to be set in stone with most managers these days!

I quite like the look of that, shame about leaving Kishikev out though because I think he will do well for us, although Wesoloski is definately good enough. MA might have that in mind although 4-4-2 seems to be set in stone with most managers these days!

Probably because hardly anybody wins anything with that system. It puts too much of a strain on the full/wing backs. It may have been fashionable a few years ago but to play against it now has become too easy for the better sides.

HI ALL

based on past teams and formations we have always seemed to do ok with a 3-5-2 and with so many other championship teams playing 4-4-2 maybe something different could give us the edge

------------------------------------------------neilson----------------------------------------------

----------------------------kisnorbo--------ngotty--------macauley------------------------------

---kaeebi---------------------------------------------------------------------mattock

------------------clemence--------------------------weslowski------------------------

------------------------------------hume--------------------------------------------

---------------------campbell-----------------fryatt/new signing----------------

what you think

That isn't 3-5-2 though is it? Thats 5-3-2 and you have eight defenders on the pitch. Think that would definately give us ann attacking edge...Viva La Kelly.

I was thinking more 4-5-1 with depp freeze up front :P

O Niell got 3-5-2 to work for us because we had 3 exceptional centre backs who covered the fact that Impey and Guppy were never about to defend. I get the feeling if we played that formation now we would be too exposed- even though it would be more excting to watch. And has been mentioned MA is a 4-4-2 man, and I cant see his primary formation changing from that.

Would love to see this. Always thought it's a better formation that 4-4-2 anyway as long as you've got very fit wingbacks as you've got five at the back when you're defending and five in midfield when attacking.

Would love to see that team put out too, it definitely plays to the strengths of the players we've got.

You'd want the back three to work pretty well together if you were gonna do that, just chucking N'Gotty in there is questionable.

That and I'm not yet convinced of our attacking ability, let alone sacrificing a defender to bolster up forwards who again haven't worked together that long.

WM formation and jumpers for goalposts, isn't it? Hmmmm?

Yes, isn't it hhmmm,

rubbing the ball in dog dirt and getting your friend to head it,

getting kicked and pretending it doesn't hurt yet secretly longing for warm busom of mummy, hmmm, yes.

Isn't it.

HI ALL

what you think

The idea is worth considering given our personnel but why play three slow centre-backs one of whom is a poor passer?

I still fail to understand why Nielsen gets the goalkeeper jersey or why Fryatt would get a striker role or why you seem so convinced Ka'ebi should be out right.

Besides that is really 3-4-3 because Hume is not a midfielder but a support striker.

Team selection is awkward at the moment because we have to leave one or two of our better performers out while including others who haven't been particularly convincing at all.

The best team 3-5-2 I could see from what I've seen so far is:

Logan;

Stearman, N'Gotty, McAuley;

Newton/Ka'ebi, Clemence, Wesolowski, Sheehan/Mattock;

Porter

Hume, Campbell.

Subs: Gradel/Chambers, Kishishev, Sheehan/Mattock, Odhiambo, Hammond.

That team has eight or nine potential scorers, passing throughout, good mobility and, most important, players who are genuinely creative.

The idea is worth considering given our personnel but why play three slow centre-backs one of whom is a poor passer?

I still fail to understand why Nielsen gets the goalkeeper jersey or why Fryatt would get a striker role or why you seem so convinced Ka'ebi should be out right.

Besides that is really 3-4-3 because Hume is not a midfielder but a support striker.

Team selection is awkward at the moment because we have to leave one or two of our better performers out while including others who haven't been particularly convincing at all.

The best team 3-5-2 I could see from what I've seen so far is:

Logan;

Stearman, N'Gotty, McAuley;

Newton/Ka'ebi, Clemence, Wesolowski, Sheehan/Mattock;

Porter

Hume, Campbell.

Subs: Gradel/Chambers, McAuley, Kisheshev, Odhiambo, Hammond.

That team has eight or nine potential scorers, passing throughout, good mobility and, most important, players who are genuinely creative.

mmm THRACIAN -1 POINT FOR PUTTING ELVIS ON THE SUBS BENCH TOTAL = -1

lol

Archived