Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Mark De Vries

Yes or No  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should he start vs Blackpool?

• Yes
    • No

At least Dudley had a shot. Has De Vries actually had a shot in the pre season games? I honestly can't remember one, apart from the "goal" against hinckely.

Try removing your blinkers, he may not be the best striker in the world, he may not even get a game but at least give the guy his due and yes he has had shots on target as well as creating a few.

Why do you muppets rate Mark De Vries all of a sudden, what cos he has lost some weight!

Le Tissier and Gazza had genius and carried a bit of weight, what the fook has weight gotta do with his ability!

A target man is very usefull in the Championship MDV losing weight so now should be a first teamer shows how lame some of you sad shirt wearing types are

Why do you muppets rate Mark De Vries all of a sudden, what cos he has lost some weight!

Le Tissier and Gazza had genius and carried a bit of weight, what the fook has weight gotta do with his ability!

A target man is very usefull in the Championship MDV losing weight so now should be a first teamer shows how lame some of you sad shirt wearing types are

Or: he's playing well and you're a penis.

Just saying... it's a possibility.

Try removing your blinkers, he may not be the best striker in the world, he may not even get a game but at least give the guy his due and yes he has had shots on target as well as creating a few.

I have "given the guy his due". At least twice today i've said he played really well, and he's improved greatly.

No 1 I'm not a muppet

No 2 I make my judgements on how people play and contribute to the game not how they perform 12 months ago

No 3 Who said he was a target man, he a forward/striker there are many and varied.

No 4 I couldn't careless about his weight loss other than if it has helped him improve his play

N0 5 If I am a muppet at least I'm not like you a biased, narrow-minded, jaundiced, bigoted, mulish, small-minded, hidebound fool.

The last item is to demonstrate to you that it's not big and not that clever to insult people just because they don't agree with you, we can all do it but it serves no real purpose other than to make you look a muppet.

I have "given the guy his due". At least twice today i've said he played really well, and he's improved greatly.

Well if you choose not to remember his contribution then I would question that you have.

I swear you do this just to wind me up. It works.

1 Sunderland 76

2 Birmingham 67

3 Derby 62

4 West Brom 81

5 Wolverhampton 59

6 Southampton 77

With the amount of money swishing about among potential Championship contenders 80 is the goals total I'd be aiming at even looking at those figures.

Set your own sights where you like.

With the amount of money swishing about among potential Championship contenders 80 is the goals total I'd be aiming at even looking at those figures.

Set your own sights where you like.

We won't need 80 goals to finish in the top six.

Then again we won't be playing 4-3-1-2 with Porter as the creative fulcrum of the side either, so I suppose this is all pretty pointless and we might as well wonder why we're wasting our lives like this.

I think he should start. Dare i say it he's been one of our best players in pre-season and I think he deserves another chance. He has shown what is capable of he just needs to be more consistent.

Funny how people always say 'OMG HOW CAN WE BE CONSIDERING BECAUSE HE WAS SHIT 2 SEASONS AGO'

Thats in the past, Just like the MoN years.

Sorry to break your hearts.

Here and now De Vries has worked his little knackers off to get himself fit and playing like a proper footballer. So he does deserve his chance to show us what he can do, he's earnt it.

He also seems to have worked on his heading aswell from what i've seen in the games and that training session at the walkers he scored a bullet, Might be training but proves he can do it if he's confident.

Anyway he's always been a ball to feet/chest where he can bring it down or control it easy type of player. Just because he's big and black doesn't mean he has to be like Les Ferdinand or Dion Dublin does it ?

Funny how people always say 'OMG HOW CAN WE BE CONSIDERING BECAUSE HE WAS SHIT 2 SEASONS AGO'

Thats in the past, Just like the MoN years.

Sorry to break your hearts.

Here and now De Vries has worked his little knackers off to get himself fit and playing like a proper footballer. So he does deserve his chance to show us what he can do, he's earnt it.

He also seems to have worked on his heading aswell from what i've seen in the games and that training session at the walkers he scored a bullet, Might be training but proves he can do it if he's confident.

Anyway he's always been a ball to feet/chest where he can bring it down or control it easy type of player. Just because he's big and black doesn't mean he has to be like Les Ferdinand or Dion Dublin does it ?

Well said. I agree with every word of that. :thumbup:

No 1 I'm not a muppet

No 2 I make my judgements on how people play and contribute to the game not how they perform 12 months ago

No 3 Who said he was a target man, he a forward/striker there are many and varied.

No 4 I couldn't careless about his weight loss other than if it has helped him improve his play

N0 5 If I am a muppet at least I'm not like you a biased, narrow-minded, jaundiced, bigoted, mulish, small-minded, hidebound fool.

The last item is to demonstrate to you that it's not big and not that clever to insult people just because they don't agree with you, we can all do it but it serves no real purpose other than to make you look a muppet.

well your judgement of a player in my opinion stinks, and the same goes with anyone else who thinks Mark De Vries is a good player, i am talking as of this minute i dont give a damn what he did two years ago i couldnt care less about that

First game of the season watch his movement his touch his all round contribution you fine judge of player potential you.

Can you please tell me what he is if not a target man!! what are his strengths. what you saying he plays on the shoulder and runs in behind

Personally I think De Vries has already answered his critics with his excellent play this season under MA... The manager obviously thinks he's good and so do the majority of fans in this poll... He's set up Hume a few times now with pinpoint accurate passes... it's a shame he never gets the same kind of assistance from his fellow players... he would score a lot more goals if he was given more help from midfield... I think we should be trying to address the lack of creativity in midfield rather than rubbishing the strikeforce... De Vries will start (and deservedly so) against Blackpool... And given any real chances from midfield should score... he's a class player and doesn't deserve to be rubbished the way he has been... and if anyone disagrees with me I don't give a toss... cos He will be in the team... mark my words... :cool:

well your judgement of a player in my opinion stinks, and the same goes with anyone else who thinks Mark De Vries is a good player, i am talking as of this minute i dont give a damn what he did two years ago i couldnt care less about that

First game of the season watch his movement his touch his all round contribution you fine judge of player potential you.

Can you please tell me what he is if not a target man!! what are his strengths. what you saying he plays on the shoulder and runs in behind

By natural progression, are you also saying that Martin Allen's judgement of a player stinks.......even before one ball has been kicked competitively in anger?

My opinion is my opinion, whether it stinks or not, the difference is I don't go around calling people muppets because they disagree with my opinion.

As for MDV being a good player; well excellent, good, average, poor, awful is all relative. All I've stated is that MDV, in spite of his past has contributed well in pre-season and therefore deserves an opportunity to play and be judged on his current performances without being booed or slated before he's even touched a ball.

I've watched his movement and touch and it's been good and his all around contribution has been as good as anyone else in the team.

I don't consider him a target man in the modern sense of receiving high flighted balls that he has to flick on. His strength is in his ability to control the ball with his chest/upper leg/knee/foot, not always 100%, but who at this level does?

This is a much more effective type of play than heading and hoping to catch his single partner up front. Doing this his can either find a defence spliitint pass to Hume, which he has done many times creating goal scoring opportunities for Hume or he can hold it up and await the arrival of wingers or mid fielders thus enabling us to retain possession.

I'm pretty sure that if Cort was fit it would be him and not MDV in the team but he isn't and MDV has done a damn good job up to now filling the void.

If I were you I'd get used to the idea because it looks a banker that Allen is going to start with MDV unless Jesus comes in and performs a miracle on Cort

Archived