Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Mark De Vries

Yes or No  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should he start vs Blackpool?

• Yes
    • No

Funny how people always say 'OMG HOW CAN WE BE CONSIDERING BECAUSE HE WAS SHIT 2 SEASONS AGO'

Thats in the past, Just like the MoN years.

Sorry to break your hearts.

Here and now De Vries has worked his little knackers off to get himself fit and playing like a proper footballer. So he does deserve his chance to show us what he can do, he's earnt it.

He also seems to have worked on his heading aswell from what i've seen in the games and that training session at the walkers he scored a bullet, Might be training but proves he can do it if he's confident.

Anyway he's always been a ball to feet/chest where he can bring it down or control it easy type of player. Just because he's big and black doesn't mean he has to be like Les Ferdinand or Dion Dublin does it ?

much agreed.

we see it often enough that when a new manager comes along it can revitalise certain players... other players seem to go into their shell. it appears that MA arriving has done the former to MDV...

There is no doubt that he has worked hard over pre-season etc to get himself ready for the new season. Allen playing him from the start yesterday certainly makes you think that he's in his plans for Saturdays game.

I'd rather see us start with Hume and Campbell against Blackpool, both of them posses a goalscoring threat and I think playing them two up front encourages us to play better football.

In De Vries we have something different, a target man. With Carl Cort continuing to struggle with injury he is sure to get a chance at some point. As a few MK Dons fans said, Allen isn't afraid to just play long ball to a big man if need be.

When he gets his chance, good luck, but I'd rather Hume and Campbell start vs Blackpool.

There is no doubt that he has worked hard over pre-season etc to get himself ready for the new season. Allen playing him from the start yesterday certainly makes you think that he's in his plans for Saturdays game.

I'd rather see us start with Hume and Campbell against Blackpool, both of them posses a goalscoring threat and I think playing them two up front encourages us to play better football.

In De Vries we have something different, a target man. With Carl Cort continuing to struggle with injury he is sure to get a chance at some point. As a few MK Dons fans said, Allen isn't afraid to just play long ball to a big man if need be.

When he gets his chance, good luck, but I'd rather Hume and Campbell start vs Blackpool.

This man speaks the truth.

Oh yes he has :worship:

So your honestly saying he played well in Scotland? You were watching different games to me if you think he did,utter bilge at Partick and not much better at Kimarnock,just because he had a few nice touches yesterday he's the new messiah...again! :rolleyes:

Funny how people always say 'OMG HOW CAN WE BE CONSIDERING BECAUSE HE WAS SHIT 2 SEASONS AGO'

Thats in the past, Just like the MoN years.

Sorry to break your hearts.

Here and now De Vries has worked his little knackers off to get himself fit and playing like a proper footballer. So he does deserve his chance to show us what he can do, he's earnt it.

He also seems to have worked on his heading aswell from what i've seen in the games and that training session at the walkers he scored a bullet, Might be training but proves he can do it if he's confident.

Anyway he's always been a ball to feet/chest where he can bring it down or control it easy type of player. Just because he's big and black doesn't mean he has to be like Les Ferdinand or Dion Dublin does it ?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Whether he should start or not, it's looking increasingly likely that with Cort injured(quelle surprise :rolleyes: ) and none of the other strikers possessing the required height and muscle that DeVries will start against Blackpool.

I've only seen him against Quorn and he didn't impress me but with other people on here saying how well he has played I suppose he deserves his chance.

Why do you muppets rate Mark De Vries all of a sudden, what cos he has lost some weight!

Le Tissier and Gazza had genius and carried a bit of weight, what the fook has weight gotta do with his ability!

A target man is very usefull in the Championship MDV losing weight so now should be a first teamer shows how lame some of you sad shirt wearing types are

Finally someone shows sense.

Just imagining for a moment three or even four up front I could see scoring along the following lines:

Hume 18-19 goals (Four/five more than last season is not an unreastonable expectation).

Campbell 18 goals (He surely cannot keep missing from the excellent positions he gets into. And his goals ratio suggests he can finish.

MDV 12-16 goals (He got eight I think in his half-season two years ago - when the team was much worst - and he scored plenty for Hearts)

Taking the lesser figures that's 48 goals out of 80-odd needed for a realistic chance of a top six place.

Unless it changes (presumably for the better), Fryatt, Odhiambo, McKay and Cort would be the substitute striking options.

Given 30 such appearances I could see Fryatt getting 6-8 goals now he looks fitter and Odhiambo the same...total 12. I doubt it would be less from any other striker signings.

This would mean a another 20 would be required from our centre-backs, midfielders and wingers...some 8 players at 2.5 goals apiece. I don't think that's an especially unrealistic expectation if we pick the right people.

I'll bet you a fiver thracian that MDV gets less than 10, a bet I would be happy to lose, but I'm fairly confident I'll win it.

I'll bet you a fiver thracian that MDV gets less than 10, a bet I would be happy to lose, but I'm fairly confident I'll win it.

If he plays as many games as he did last time he was here, he is going to score more than ten. I havn't seen him play in pre-season, but people are saying he's improved and he scored eight in half a season under Levein, so ten is a very realistic target.

Amen to that.

I can't believe De Vries played today and has played most of the friendlies - Fryatt and Campbell are the ones that need to improve their fitness and match practise and yet they're the ones on the bench. I can't comment on De Vries' performances recently because I haven't been to any friendlies, but we all know that he's hopeless in the air despite his height - so to have him as a big target man is just pointless.

I'd personally be very disappointed if he was in the team to play Blackpool - he's been found wanting at this level before and a couple of decent performances against sub-standard opposition (Portsmouth notwithstanding) doesn't encourange me. It should be Hume and Campbell for me, with Fryatt ready to step in off the bench.

So how does that give you the right to comment on if he should or shouldn't play?

Mark is going to make all the doubters feel stupid this season

So be it mate, I'd be happy to feel stupid if it means Leicester doing well due to De Vries and certain players from last season!

Win win situation for us doubters, We're slagging him off saying he shouldn't play if he does and he's rubbish we can say we told you so, If he plays and turns out good we'll be happy because in theory if he's doing well Leicester will be doing well.

It never ceases to amaze me why some people, who probably are/were never even good enough to get into their school team, feel the need to get so personal about a professional footballer who has more talent in his little finger than them.

It never ceases to amaze me why some people, who probably are/were never even good enough to get into their school team, feel the need to get so personal about a professional footballer who has more talent in his little finger than them.

Because they're paid to play football and we pay to watch.

To be fair, how many goals has De Vries scored in pre season? Hinckley wasn't his goal surely.

By the way thats a genuine question, I'm not sure :P

I don't think he's scored any other than that, it's just been his general contribution to the team. He's weighed in with a few assists which are just as important as goals at times :dunno:

It's his attitude above all that's impressed us all, the way he's battling back to claim a place in our improving side.

It's all to do with perspective - he's a sodding Jolly Green Giant to LD3 :ph34r:

As is Gary Coleman.

Is LD3 colourblind? :unsure:

Judging by the above Gary Coleman related statement, yes.

And may I take this oppurtunity to congratulate you on such a fine sig. Bravo sir.

Archived