Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Mark De Vries

Yes or No  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Should he start vs Blackpool?

• Yes
    • No

Isn't the question really do you go with his past or his current form / abilities or Campbell who since arriving has not exactly set the world alight has he! Erm also what about Matty Fryatt!

MDV in 4 me

Campbell & Fryatt on the bench

MA seems to like the big guy little guy combination....

isnt this a nice change?

i mean, to be discussing 3 strikers who in my opinion are all worthy of a starting place instead of trying to decide which striker's heart is beating that week makes a nice change...

isnt this a nice change?

i mean, to be discussing 3 strikers who in my opinion are all worthy of a starting place instead of trying to decide which striker's heart is beating that week makes a nice change...

Aye, well said.

I'd go with Hume and MDV myself, simply because Campbell is going to change the game more if he comes on as a sub. No reason we shouldn't play all three, though. I'd still love to see Hume on one of the wings.

No! No! No!

It worries me that De Vries has played in most of the friendlies, He should have been one of the first players Allen should have dismissed any chance of having in the team, If De Vries wasn't in MA's plans why has he been wasting a place in the teams instead of trying and watching other options in his place?!

I've only seen 2 friendlies (Hinckley and Portsmouth) and both he has improved since the last time we saw him, but tbh I use the phrase "improved" loosely, I listen to some daft bint on the radio on the way home saying she had been to most of the friendlies and apparently De Vries has had a really good pre-season, As I said i've only seen two but in both he was fairly poor.

I'd happily pay another club to take him of our hands!

Get Dudley in :worship:

Aye, well said.

I'd go with Hume and MDV myself, simply because Campbell is going to change the game more if he comes on as a sub. No reason we shouldn't play all three, though. I'd still love to see Hume on one of the wings.

All three moved wide enough today on occasions - certainly both the smaller fellows have no trouble.

But I'd play Clemence, Wesolowski, Kishishev in midfield and have Porter ready to come on in a free attacking-midfield role if we needed more penetration.

But it would only work with two attacking full-backs, not the shambles we had early today on the left side.

MDV may as well be 5 foot tall, let's face it Hume wins more headers than him in a game.

He played well when I saw him but didn't go today, i'd be tempted to go with DJ and Hume, i'm not expecting Blackpool to be the toughest opponents this season especially being away so it could be a good confidence boosting game for DJ to get a goal.

MDV may as well be 5 foot tall, let's face it Hume wins more headers than him in a game.

That's a good point. If you're picking him, you're doing so for strength and finishing. Fryatt's pretty decent at holding up the ball himself, and is possibly a better finisher. But he's coming off the back of a shit season, so we'll have to see.

MDV has done well just to get himself in contention, to be honest, and if he's given the starting role it'll be because MA thinks he deserves it and is the right man to start.

No! No! No!

It worries me that De Vries has played in most of the friendlies, He should have been one of the first players Allen should have dismissed any chance of having in the team, If De Vries wasn't in MA's plans why has he been wasting a place in the teams instead of trying and watching other options in his place?!

I've only seen 2 friendlies (Hinckley and Portsmouth) and both he has improved since the last time we saw him, but tbh I use the phrase "improved" loosely, I listen to some daft bint on the radio on the way home saying she had been to most of the friendlies and apparently De Vries has had a really good pre-season, As I said i've only seen two but in both he was fairly poor.

I've been to all the friendlies...De Vries is not good enough...why is everyone suddenly on the bandwagon?...sheer madness! :blink:

No question. The guy's earned his place and that's not the first time he's looked good against Premiership opposition. But I'd be very temped to play Hume and Campbell as well, keeping Fryatt/Odiambo on the bench.

We ain't in the Premiership...and unfortunately he's looked really crap more often against teams not in the Premiership!

I think he should be. It will mean we have someone who can hold the ball up and put himself about. It will benefit Hume and DJ playing with a big man and he's shown that he has some quality with that through ball for Hume's goal. Also on the defensive side of things he can help out. If it doesn't work and he slips into old habits we can change it but if MA can get the best out of him we'll be a better side with him in the team.

No! No! No!

Amen to that.

I can't believe De Vries played today and has played most of the friendlies - Fryatt and Campbell are the ones that need to improve their fitness and match practise and yet they're the ones on the bench. I can't comment on De Vries' performances recently because I haven't been to any friendlies, but we all know that he's hopeless in the air despite his height - so to have him as a big target man is just pointless.

I'd personally be very disappointed if he was in the team to play Blackpool - he's been found wanting at this level before and a couple of decent performances against sub-standard opposition (Portsmouth notwithstanding) doesn't encourange me. It should be Hume and Campbell for me, with Fryatt ready to step in off the bench.

MdV and Hume/DJ.

I think the BIG man and quick nippy man may cause problems to teams.

But im MdV biased,having met the bloke i realise what a gentleman he is, and i want him to prove his (Many) critics wrong.

Mind you that leaves Finally Fit Fryatt doesn't it??? :unsure:

Amen to that.

I can't believe De Vries played today and has played most of the friendlies - Fryatt and Campbell are the ones that need to improve their fitness and match practise and yet they're the ones on the bench. I can't comment on De Vries' performances recently because I haven't been to any friendlies, but we all know that he's hopeless in the air despite his height - so to have him as a big target man is just pointless.

I'd personally be very disappointed if he was in the team to play Blackpool - he's been found wanting at this level before and a couple of decent performances against sub-standard opposition (Portsmouth notwithstanding) doesn't encourange me. It should be Hume and Campbell for me, with Fryatt ready to step in off the bench.

Thank god not everyone in here has slipped into a state of total amnesia! :frusty:

Archived