Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Father Ted

Dejan Stefanovic

According to the sunday mirror, Dejan Stefanovic will either join Rangers or Leicester. He wants to leave Pompey because of a lack of first team places.

I don't fancy our chances then, can't believe he would turn up the chance to play in Europe and the chance to win domestic titles whatever derogatory opinions are held of the SPL.

Wondered when rumours of him joining us would start circling again. Would snap him up in a heartbeat, definitely before David Unsworth (who btw I think could also do a job, just not as well). Whether or not we could succeed in capturing him is another story though...

Roll up and ride on Mandy,

He'll spin you around and around.

Roll up and ride on Mandy,

The magical, musical, merry-go-round.

ive read sumwhere but cant remember where hes not keen on a move to scotland.

The merry-go-round spins again..

he'll be 33 in october.

he can apparently play full back or centre back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejan_Stefanovic

Maybe at his age he feels settled in england... then again maybe he wants a final crack in the champions league... i cant imagine him to be a regular though at rangers... but we Do have a regular left back slot open.... :thumbup:

he'll be 33 in october.

he can apparently play full back or centre back

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejan_Stefanovic

Maybe at his age he feels settled in england... then again maybe he wants a final crack in the champions league... i cant imagine him to be a regular though at rangers... but we Do have a regular left back slot open.... :thumbup:

Hmmm I'm a bit sceptical about him filling our full back slot because I was always under the impression he was a centre half with a left-foot like Nissa Johansson and therefore he would be playing slightly out-of-position. As far as him playing centre half for us, I would be pretty pleased.

Hmmm I'm a bit sceptical about him filling our full back slot because I was always under the impression he was a centre half with a left-foot like Nissa Johansson and therefore he would be playing slightly out-of-position. As far as him playing centre half for us, I would be pretty pleased.

Bring him here..he would answer a few questions..IMO!

If he can genuinely come in as a left back then definitely snap him up right now.

If, as I suspect, he'll be competing for another centre back position then quality player that he is we don't really need him.

To come in to do both would be a plus? :dunno:

According to the sunday mirror, Dejan Stefanovic will either join Rangers or Leicester. He wants to leave Pompey because of a lack of first team places.

yes it would be a good signing but woudnt there be a little to much competition for places at centre back ....N'Gotty,kisnorbo,mccaluey and him :dunno: i can see someone becoming unhappy.

The possibility of too many cooks spoiling the broth is starting to concern me.

Nothing against Stefanovic but our major needs are elsewhere.

We need a left back and a fast, attacking winger seeing as Gradel clearly remains outside the picture.

yes it would be a good signing but woudnt there be a little to much competition for places at centre back ....N'Gotty,kisnorbo,mccaluey and him :dunno: i can see someone becoming unhappy.

I would have thought he'd play left back. Would prefer to see Mattock their personally but Stefanovic would have been a better signing than N'Gotty imo. Hope we're not turning into Dad's Army again though.

The possibility of too many cooks spoiling the broth is starting to concern me.

Nothing against Stefanovic but our major needs are elsewhere.

We need a left back and a fast, attacking winger seeing as Gradel clearly remains outside the picture.

First of all we need a left back who can defend!!!!!

First of all we need a left back who can defend!!!!!

But not at the expense of one who can attack as clearly shown these last few seasons.

If Sheehan hasn't improved his defending by now he'll never be more than a support player. But to date this close season I've not seen him have to defend much at all and the only thing I noticed in that department was that he seemed to be winning the ball in the air more.

I've certainly seen him defend well enough - against Sheffield Wednesday in the 2-0 home win - and I always feel teams look better balanced when he plays, a comment made by someone else when he came on briefly against Kilmarnock. But I cannot comment further on his defending these days cos I've nothing to base it on.

It is all right getting an experienced replacement of 32+ but so often they lack the pace and recovery power to do the job properly. Despite his being a good servant, it was the lasting problem with Nils.

People liked him cos he could defend but he cost us dearly going forward and there never was going to be a significant share of goals sourcing from him.

A foreign version of Stevie Walsh! Big, tough left footed defender who has a decent pass from the back and is dangerous in the air going forward! He can play left-back but he hasn't got the pace to go bombing around the left-midfielder and coming back. He`d still be a great signing although he is another of 30s player who has suffered from injuries as he went over the hill known as 30.

I would have thought he'd play left back. Would prefer to see Mattock their personally but Stefanovic would have been a better signing than N'Gotty imo. Hope we're not turning into Dad's Army again though.

It got us promoted

Archived