Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Blackpool Post Match Comments & Opinions

Sounded like we created some good chances, just need to put them away.

I'm quietly confident De Vries is to blame for us not scoring :P

Also, why the hell did weso play on the wing?????

Sounded like we can atleast take some positives from todays performance & i'm sure even though he didnt play Levi Porter will get the blame someway or another on here.

Very shocked with this result, thought you'd get atleast 2 goals!

Never worry this early in the season though, Just look at Sunderland last season until Xmas time!

On the other hand, decent result for us considering PNE had 15 corners and we had non, (0-0 FT), also 4 senior players missing due to the illness from that BBQ. :D

It's still early days yet mate, you can't judge one game for a whole season! - as I said in another thread, look what happened with Sunderland last season, if they had judged from their early results they would of been relagated not promoted!

Yes you could of done better but you could of done alot worse, just look at poor old Sheff losing 4-1 to ipsh!t lol

Lets just wait for the first ten games before deciding and getting on anyones backs, maybe things could get alot better! ;)

it wasnt the worst of games but from the off blackpool looked the better side. we were never very convincing. De Vries volley was a screamer, shame it didnt go in. Hume had a screamer from about 20 yards which almost dipped in and was unlucky not to score with a header from about 12 yards. blackpool only had 2 real chances in the 2nd half, one skimmed the far post and one was deflected onto the bar and into the back of the net :( after that it was just one of those games we have, e.g burnley, hull, brighton, plymouth, watford etc. we even hit the post late on and blackpools keeper made 2 double saves i think.

best player was hume or n'gotty.

worst was probably newton but mattock had a stinker in the 2nd half.

Defeats disapointing - BUT - did Charlton, West Brom or Sheffield Utd win? Nope, most any of these got was a point.

Had a bad feeling about today's game from about the 32nd minute on when i heard Stelling say about the curse - why do pundits and the like do that - tempt fate, couldn't they just stay quiet!

Archived