Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Blackpool Post Match Comments & Opinions

Utter garbage - left wing, left back huge problem area - don;t understand why it has not been addressed. Mattock looked out of it 2nd half and did 2 stupid errors passing the ball back.

MDV was poor - has not the ability to judge a ball in the air, no movement, no pace - had one good shot that hit cross bar - probably all he did all game

starting weso on right wing was never going to work (with newton left) - probably our best player when switched to middle. Bruno N'Gotty was immense, was impressed with chambers as well - but went off with injury. clemence surprised me with an out of sorts performance (same with kiso).

Hume was good first half - hardly got a touch worth mentioning 2nd.

Just needs some gelling, the left sorted, and a decent target man (not de vries) and should be improved drastically

Blackpool were more organised, wanted each ball more, had more men fighting for the cause

Wakey wakey :rolleyes:

Better than anything Kelly mustered last season and we look mid table which is what the realists have said all along.

Left hand side a huge problem as it the keeper and we need someone decent alongside N'Gotty.

Goalscoring looks like it will be a problem unless we get some better work from the wide positions.

Season will be over by February :thumbup:

Well...

Blackpool were certainly more organized than us from start to finish.

The team selection baffled me a bit, Weso isn't a wide player but hopefully that will be sorted during the week.

De Vries did ok, he still doesn't win the amount in the air he should but when the ball was played to feet thought he held it up quite well.

I thought Chambers was doing well until he picked up his inury, Mattock seemed to lack a little strength.

I see Palace gave out a bit of a rashing at Southampton :unsure:

Well I just hope to god we get some left sided players in cause it's going to do my nut in watching players out of position all season.

Newton is not and will never be a left sided winger.

Weso is not and will never be a right or a left sided winger.

I thought Chambers played very well until he went off with his injury, hope it's nothing too serious.

But still think despite improving whilst De Vries is in the team it's only going to hinder us.

Same Shit, Different Season.

The thing we are lacking and have been lacking season after season after season...Consistancy. Sometimes today we played really bad...Even including De Vries, then the next minute (Literally the next minute) Nuneaton Borough/Hinckley United could have beat us...We need to stop our silly little lapse's cause thing inconsistancy!

I wasn't asking for a thrashing, I was asking for a 1-0 win...If the score 1 we score 2 simple, If we can thrash teams great but i'll be more than happy with 1-0 wins...not too much to ask surly.

I know "it's only game" I know "it's only 1 game" I know "it's the first game of the season"..but its been 4 years (Possibly more now) and it really is getting boring now, just hope they get a big kick up the backside and they realise the season starts now!

Well I just hope to god we get some left sided players in cause it's going to do my nut in watching players out of position all season.

Newton is not and will never be a left sided winger.

Weso is not and will never be a right or a left sided winger.

I thought Chambers played very well until he went off with his injury, hope it's nothing too serious.

But still think despite improving whilst De Vries is in the team it's only going to hinder us.

Yeah he was really crap today and offered nothing :rolleyes:

He should have scored as should the Peoples Champion, but lets knock de Vries as old ill-conceived prejudices are hard to let go of.

If Allen insists on playing De Vries up front, he needs to get some natural wingers or else it just will not work at all.

McAuley got pulled out of position for there goal due to Chambers being injured, unlucky, but he had to be out there to close down the cross.

Yeah he was really crap today and offered nothing :rolleyes:

He should have scored as should the Peoples Champion, but lets knock de Vries as old ill-conceived prejudices are hard to let go of.

Well I've admitted he's improved but the amount of time we waste possession trying to hit his head is unreal. I suspect we're trying to gain a throw in from it but when we do it's not very often it's in an area we can punish opposition. I think he'd be most useful as a sub for last 20 minutes, but then that's what DJ was at Birmingham so.. :dunno:

Same SHI% different players. I dont want to get to negative but apart from Chambers and Allen at least changing things with more than minutes to go, unlike dick head kelly it was a sack of dog turd.

Pathetic uninspired and certainly not a performance from team expecting to get into the top six. For Fu&k sake Devries and Hume dont work together we figured that out 2 seasons ago.

From BBC Sport

Leicester 0-1 Blackpool

Championship newcomers Blackpool enjoyed a memorable win over Leicester thanks to Keith Southern's strike.

Southern blasted home from 12 yards following Stephen Crainey's cross while City's James Chambers lay injured.

The home side were upset that Blackpool played on but only had themselves to blame for a series of misses.

Iain Hume twice went close, Mark De Vries hit the bar and sent a header wide and sub DJ Campbell was denied by their impressive keeper Paul Rachubka.

Anyone want to sign Rachubka - or do you reckon on another day he would have dived over our shots? We need a decent keeper!

Blackpool rode their luck but I couldnt really begrudge them victory. We were awful and that isnt a knee jerk reaction, its plain to see.

Still, on another day we could have had at least 3 goals but as soon as the pressure was upped a notch, most of our players bottled it.

Club captain Stephen Clemence insists that the City squad must focus on the positives following their 1-0 defeat at the hands of newly-promoted Blackpool at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

The Foxes could not kick-off the new campaign with a win but enjoyed the lion's share of the possession and created an abundance of chances, only to be denied by the woodwork and in-form keeper Paul Rachubka.

"Of course we are not happy; we know that the first half performance wasn't good enough and that didn't help us," he said.

"Blackpool got that goal and it gave them something to hold on to. Unfortunately we couldn't make the breakthrough.

"Their keeper played very well; you have to give credit to Blackpool because they came here, gave it a real good go and got the right result for them.

"But we've got to look at the positives. It's a long season so we can't afford to get too downhearted.

"The first game of the season is never easy whoever you play against; everyone is finding their levels and we will still go into the Carling Cup game at Accrington on Tuesday in a positive frame of mind."

DJ Campbell, Bruno N'Gotty, De Vries and Iain Hume all came close after the break but the visitors stood firm to take all three points.

Clemence added: "We knew it was going to be difficult and Blackpool were difficult to break down.

"Even some of the best players in the world struggle to break teams down when teams put 10 men behind the ball.

"In the second half we moved the ball quicker and big Mark de Vries got on the end of a few things and DJ looked quite lively when he came on.

"On another day we would have got that first goal and gone on to win the game. But it wasn't meant to be today.

"The Championship is a tough league whoever you play against and as I said when I first came here you have to fight for every point in this league."

Accrington are next up for the Foxes on Tuesday and Clemence added: "It will be a tough game and we must go there with the right attitude and get into the next round."

Wakey wakey :rolleyes:

Better than anything Kelly mustered last season and we look mid table which is what the realists have said all along.

Left hand side a huge problem as it the keeper and we need someone decent alongside N'Gotty.

Goalscoring looks like it will be a problem unless we get some better work from the wide positions.

Season will be over by February :thumbup:

I have to agree with that unfortunately.

I'm sure the team needs to find its balance. Most of our better players weren't in the starting team...

Isn't that what pre-season is all about?

How come Blackpool managed to find their balance and we didn't?

Allen has talked the talked but unfortunately on this occasion has failed to walk the walk!

Early doors though I suppose but any hopes we had of getting any edge due to home advantage has vanished.

It doesn't get any worse then Blackpool beating you on the first day of the season, now every club will come here thinking they can do the same!

I've never been so infuriated by a team selection and tactics. fooking shocking, upon seeing the line-up i almost fell off my chair, and it just get worse as the game went on.

Allen can do all his fancy "bonding", and working his "magic" as he puts it with the lads. I'll tell you what Allen, i'll give you some real groundbreaking ideas. How about you play people in their correct position you fooking muppet! :@

MDV getting fit is one of the worst things that could've happened. He's clumsy, has the touch of a rapist and his presence just encourages hoofing.

What a joke.

No disrespect to teams like Blackpool but I am saying we'll finish around the Top 10 give or take a couple of position's anything less is unacceptable, and to finish where we should be finishing we should be beating "teams like Blackpool" we're only as good as the last game, our last game = relegation battle again i'm afraid, I'm just hoping today was an off-day...We have had many in the past 4 years!

Disappointed. First half they started better, but we improved throughout until we looked dominant. We should have scored before half-time.

Second half was shocking. And fooking LONG BALLS ARRRGGHH. We looked our most threatening in the 2nd half when the ball went through the middle on the ground. Nowt wrong with De Vries starting, but he's not a man to target with long balls. De Vries had a good game and won a few headers, but that's something he still needs to work on. If he can dedicate a bit of time to work on his aerial play there's no reason he and Hume shouldn't start most games.

Considering we started with 3 defensive midfielders today, you'd think one would hang back to pick up balls that were cleared out of their area, instead of Blackpool starting attacks from them.

Mattock was fine until he had an absolutely shocking 5 minutes and lost it completely. That's an experience thing, he made a mistake and his concentration was gone. That's why Mattock/Sheehan isn't the solution to our left side, and that's why we don't throw kids in willy-nilly. I think he'd be better at left-mid, myself, but that's mostly unrelated.

Chambers was my man of the match. Attacked well and made some vital tackles without conceding penalties.

I've never been so infuriated by a team selection and tactics. fooking shocking, upon seeing the line-up i almost fell off my chair, and it just get worse as the game went on.

Allen can do all his fancy "bonding", and working his "magic" as he puts it with the lads. I'll tell you what Allen, i'll give you some real groundbreaking ideas. How about you play people in their correct position you fooking muppet! :@

MDV getting fit is one of the worst things that could've happened. He's clumsy, has the touch of a rapist and his presence just encourages hoofing.

What a joke.

MA noted that in the press conference and he was not happy with that. ;)

Disappointed. First half they started better, but we improved throughout until we looked dominant. We should have scored before half-time.

Second half was shocking. And fooking LONG BALLS ARRRGGHH. We looked our most threatening in the 2nd half when the ball went through the middle on the ground.

Considering we started with 3 defensive midfielders today, you'd think one would hang back to pick up balls headed out, instead of Blackpool starting attacks from them.

De Vries had a good game and won a few headers, but that's something he still needs to work on. If he can dedicate a bit of time to work on his aerial play there's no reason he and Hume shouldn't start most games.

Mattock was fine until he had an absolutely shocking 5 minutes and lost it completely. That's an experience thing, he made a mistake and his concentration was gone. That's why Mattock/Sheehan isn't the solution to our left side, and that's why we don't throw kids in willy-nilly. I think he'd be better at left-mid, myself, but that's mostly unrelated.

Chambers was my man of the match. Attacked well and made some vital tackles without conceding penalties.

Spot on there mate.

I knew that there would be long balls thrown about. A few MK Dons fans were on here saying he isn't afraid to do it. So that came as no shock to me. Having a big man there encourages the long balls, sadly.

MA noted that in the press conference and he was not happy with that. ;)

Well good, that's a start. Did he explain why he played a right winger with no left foot on the left and weso on the right?

Get your fooking shape allen you ****.

Isn't that what pre-season is all about?

How come Blackpool managed to find their balance and we didn't?

Allen has talked the talked but unfortunately on this occasion has failed to walk the walk!

Early doors though I suppose but any hopes we had of getting any edge due to home advantage has vanished.

It doesn't get any worse then Blackpool beating you on the first day of the season, now every club will come here thinking they can do the same!

Not necessarly a bad thing - if teams come out to get a goal at the Walkers rather than sit 11 behind the ball!

Archived