Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Blackpool Post Match Comments & Opinions

Isn't that what pre-season is all about?

How come Blackpool managed to find their balance and we didn't?

Yeah, imagine a team that has played together for over a year in a promotion winning season, finding their balance and shape better than a team with a new manager and 12 new players!!! Spooky!!?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, imagine a team that has played together for over a year in a promotion winning season, finding their balance and shape better than a team with a new manager and 12 new players!!! Spooky!!?

We played Newton on the left and Weso on the right for god's sake. That set up screams poor shape whatever the time.

look the expectations were way to high and everybody expected a great performance from city, unfortunately we didn't get it but we just need to put this behind us and look to the next few games when we have a stronger side, maybe another signing, kaebi and and kisnorbo will be back for then and cort could be fit again. I think it will be a long and hard season and one that needs fans of Leicester city football club to be patient with, we came 19th last season so even with all of manderic's millions and new player we cant just automatically think we will get promoted straight the way, manderic underlined a 3 year plan back to the top flight so i think we should see it out.

Exactly the kind of reaction I expected off the Leicester City fans.

This team will need time to Gel, we have bought in the equivalent of a whole new team over the pre season and its not going to come together overnight, we have had injuries and setbacks along the way, some of the better players havn't been avaliable for selection today and we were up against a side 11 games unbeaten and riding the crest of a wave. Success won't be instant sadly and I am as frustrated as all of you with what i've seen over the past few seasons but with time i'm sure this side will come good. De Vries is a poor excuse for a footballer and hopefully he will be out of the side sooner rather than later, he effects the way we play and doesn't suit the side at all, I don't care how fit he has got over the close season he hasnt the ability to be a Championship striker when we have better options avaliable on the bench.

De Vries is a poor excuse for a footballer and hopefully he will be out of the side sooner rather than later, he effects the way we play and doesn't suit the side at all, I don't care how fit he has got over the close season he hasnt the ability to be a Championship striker when we have better options avaliable on the bench.

Yeah good point. I mean he only hit the post twice. Prrfft!

This team will need time to Gel, we have bought in the equivalent of a whole new team over the pre season and its not going to come together overnight, we have had injuries and setbacks along the way, some of the better players havn't been avaliable for selection today and we were up against a side 11 games unbeaten and riding the crest of a wave. Success won't be instant sadly and I am as frustrated as all of you with what i've seen over the past few seasons but with time i'm sure this side will come good. De Vries is a poor excuse for a footballer and hopefully he will be out of the side sooner rather than later, he effects the way we play and doesn't suit the side at all, I don't care how fit he has got over the close season he hasnt the ability to be a Championship striker when we have better options avaliable on the bench.

Hang on i'm not slagging MA off here, but last week there was an interview on SSN after the Portsmouth match and he was saying he believes when manager's and players make excuses of "needing time to gel" its a load of rubbish...Maybe its true but MA said it, and as someone else has already said if he talks the talk he needs to walk the walk.

Well good, that's a start. Did he explain why he played a right winger with no left foot on the left and weso on the right?

Get your fooking shape allen you ****.

The only reason I can think why he played Weso on the wing is because all along he had plans to bring DJ on and go 4-3-3, allowing Weso to move into the centre of the midfield.

All in all, I don't think we had a bad game, there were some positives to take from it and with a bit more luck we would have won or at least drew.

I say that we should all just hold tight and not make any judgements just yet, wait until 10 games or so.

Yeah good point. I mean he only hit the post twice. Prrfft!

Did it go in?

The man is shit, he plays with his back to goal, slows us down and is an absolute donkey when it comes to goalscoring, look at the pre season records. Fryatt has 3 goals and is left out today, De Vries loses some weight and starts, all the justice of an FA Panel hearing.

People are saying that De Vries encourages the hoof but I bet that we'd do it anyway. 1st game of last season we were playing high cross field balls out to Tiatto and Maybury and throughout most of the season we were hitting high balls up to Hume. We're always going to be playing long balls so we might as well have someone up there who stands half a chance of winning them :rolleyes:

Hang on i'm not slagging MA off here, but last week there was an interview on SSN after the Portsmouth match and he was saying he believes when manager's and players make excuses of "needing time to gel" its a load of rubbish...Maybe its true but MA said it, and as someone else has already said if he talks the talk he needs to walk the walk.

This is my opinion, not Martin Allens.

And just wo were these better options on the bench??

If you mean DJ then on todays cameo he didn't look the answer either perhaps he will become the new Akinbiyi??

By that logic the entire team were shit. You're an idiot.

No, because the entire team havnt been on the books of this club for the past 3 seasons. Idiot.

De Vries has not shown any type of consistancy in the limited ability that he has even with the opportunity of trying it at different clubs. Why should he start now? The oaf can bugger off.

No, because the entire team havnt been on the books of this club for the past 3 seasons. Idiot.

De Vries has not shown any type of consistancy in the limited ability that he has even with the opportunity of trying it at different clubs. Why should he start now? The oaf can bugger off.

Hume hasn't been here the past three seasons? Sorry? What? Get your head out of your arse.

And just wo were these better options on the bench??

If you mean DJ then on todays cameo he didn't look the answer either perhaps he will become the new Akinbiyi??

How much of a pre season has DJ had to get an understanding with our current strikers? Fryatt scores 3 in pre season and isnt even used today. You explain the logic of playing a striker who has done nothing in the time hes been here over one who has produced the goods in pre season by doing his job as a STRIKER. (Just in case you are incapable of understanding the bit in bold: Finding the net)

I wondered how long it would be before we heard the proverbial 'the players need time to gel' shite.

Let's not beat about the bush. This wasn't about players not 'gelling', this was about players not being good enough. This was a shocking performance, on a par with any of the crap we've seen over the last couple of seasons. This was Blackpool for heaven's sake!

The alarm bells are already ringing loud and clear, both in terms of the quality of players and the tactical savvy of the manager. If things aren't put right bloody quickly then we're going to be in a relegation scrap for sure. That's the stark reality.

:angry:

Did it go in?

The man is shit, he plays with his back to goal, slows us down and is an absolute donkey when it comes to goalscoring, look at the pre season records. Fryatt has 3 goals and is left out today, De Vries loses some weight and starts, all the justice of an FA Panel hearing.

Did you go to the game today?

he may not be the answer but at the moment if we want a big target man we don't have any one else available. he was one of the better players today and I think you will find that many target men play with their back to goal it means they can hold the ball up and bring others into play hard to do if you can't see the ball coming towards you!

If fryatt plays it has to be at the expense of Hume.

I wondered how long it would be before we heard the proverbial 'the players need time to gel' shite.

Let's not beat about the bush. This wasn't about players not 'gelling', this was about players not being good enough. This was a shocking performance, on a par with any of the crap we've seen over the last couple of seasons. This was Blackpool for heaven's sake!

The alarm bells are already ringing loud and clear, both in terms of the quality of players and the tactical savvy of the manager. If things aren't put right bloody quickly then we're going to be in a relegation scrap for sure. That's the stark reality.

:angry:

I wondered how long the "Oh we're going to be relegated" comments would appear :rolleyes:

Did it go in?

This coming from someone who wasnt at the game! :rolleyes:

Pre-season means nothing! Cast your mind back to the first season back in this league when in pre-season Dublin and Connolly were scoring for fun! So what if Fryatt has three goals - he played for the reserve squad most of the time and his goal against Notts County was from half a yard out thanks to great play from Newton.

Hume hasn't been here the past three seasons? Sorry? What? Get your head out of your arse.

I said the ENTIRE team if you care to read my post properly, stating some may have not been in the side three seasons. Besides, Hume has shown more footballing ability and goal scorer prowess than the 'Flying Dutchman' also having age on his side. The stats tell you all you need to know. Hume 23 Goals Deep Freeze 12

How much of a pre season has DJ had to get an understanding with our current strikers? Fryatt scores 3 in pre season and isnt even used today. You explain the logic of playing a striker who has done nothing in the time hes been here over one who has produced the goods in pre season by doing his job as a STRIKER. (Just in case you are incapable of understanding the bit in bold: Finding the net)

Agreed not much but when he came on today he missed two sitters and generally looked like he could be knocked off the ball at any time. fryatt has to play with a target man because he lacks the one thing needed for a smaller striker pace.

As for mdv not finding the back of the net I think you will find his record here is not too disimilar to Fryatts and before you retort to this neither are good enough.

I'm not too sure how to take your post :unsure:

You start off by slagging the fans off for their negative reaction to the result then end with a negative reaction yourself!

What's your point?

If we can't beat the likes of Blackpool with a few injuries, many of which were known days if not weeks in advance we have no chance.

This coming from someone who wasnt at the game! :rolleyes:

Pre-season means nothing! Cast your mind back to the first season back in this league when in pre-season Dublin and Connolly were scoring for fun! So what if Fryatt has three goals - he played for the reserve squad most of the time and his goal against Notts County was from half a yard out thanks to great play from Newton.

So that gives De Vries more of a right to play than Fryatt?

Archived