Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Blackpool Post Match Comments & Opinions

I said the ENTIRE team if you care to read my post properly, stating some may have not been in the side three seasons. Besides, Hume has shown more footballing ability and goal scorer prowess than the 'Flying Dutchman' also having age on his side. The stats tell you all you need to know. Hume 23 Goals Deep Freeze 12

And yet Hume's played twice as many games. Uh oh!

Your arguement so far: Hume is better than De Vries because neither of them scored today and not all of the team has been here three seasons.

Explain more.

Agreed not much but when he came on today he missed two sitters and generally looked like he could be knocked off the ball at any time. fryatt has to play with a target man because he lacks the one thing needed for a smaller striker pace.

As for mdv not finding the back of the net I think you will find his record here is not too disimilar to Fryatts and before you retort to this neither are good enough.

How long has Fryatt been here compared with MDV? he is 2 goals short of De Vries's total and that is over the course of one and bit seasons.

So that gives De Vries more of a right to play than Fryatt?

De Vries - 10 goals in 35 starts for us

Fryatt - 10 goals in 41 starts for us

MA has spent the same amount of time with Fryatt and De Vries and has picked De Vries which suggests that he has proven himself more and therefore has more of a right to play!!

How long has Fryatt been here compared with MDV? he is 2 goals short of De Vries's total and that is over the course of one and bit seasons.

that would be a fair point had mdv not spent 18 months in holland as kelly couldn't wait to get rid gfor various reasons

Exactly the kind of reaction I expected off the Leicester City fans.

To be honest, I'm shocked to see such a bad reaction. I said after the game that it was the best home defeat we'll ever have to Blackpool.

I think that some of you are forgetting how bad we actually were last season. There is no way we deserved to lose that game, their goalkeeper was inspired, D'Urso is a cock, and they scored a slightly controversial goal (IMO, a player would never feign injury in his own penalty box, so he was clearly hurt and therfore the ref should have blown up).

I was suprised to see Weso start on the flank, and we looked a lot better when Hayes came on. Clemence and Kishishev certainly tried hard, but did give the ball away too much, especially in the first 25 minutes, when they passed us off the park.

N'Gotty and McAuley looked reasonably solid, Chambers was quality till he went off and Mattock was good until his horrific 5 minutes just prior to their goal.

On to MDV... There are plenty of for and against arguments with him after todays game. In all honesty, I thought he was one of our better players and put in a hell of a lot of effort - which is quite big of him after the abuse he's had here.

I do believe you need a target man in this division. We've played the last season and a half with 2 small blokes up front and it hasn't worked. So whether it's him or Cort (if he finds his way to the pitch from the treatment room), we need a big man up there.

We did look better when we went to 3 up front, which is why we should start that way at Stanley and then Palace this coming week.

All in all, I thought it was a positive start despite the result and I'm sure we'll improve over the next few weeks.

is it me or did weso start on the right with newton on the left for a bit, whats that about. And although de vries may have played wle and deserved his place i rely hope we dnt start with him next game too many long balls!

as last season, the longballs will happen with or without de vries

as last season, the longballs will happen with or without de vries

i was hoping it would happen less now we have a little more quality! Campbell looked good when he came on. It was one of them results if we win people say it was an alryt performance if we loose which we did people say we were shit!

Some of the utter shite being posted here is unbelievable. It's one game, its the first day of the season, and people are already getting their knickers in a twist.

Here are a few things I found out today (although the first three I think most people knew already!) and I hope MA has taken note.

1) James Wesolowski is not a winger, play him inside and he's much more useful

2) Mark De Vries is not going to win lots of flick ons, so forget pumping the ball up to him.

3) Paul Henderson needs to learn how to communicate with his defence

4) Joe Mattock's confidence will not grow if there are people in the Kop (and I imagine elsewhere) barracking him.

5) We played much better football with wingers on the pitch on BOTH sides

6) Gareth McAuley should use the space available to him and quit playing aimless long balls (I think I read an analogy somewhere with regard to Matt Heath- SPOT ON).

7) Steven Clemence needs to improve his dead ball skills as the corners and free kicks he took were by and large woeful

Blackpool are no mugs, they came with a game plan and had the quality and discipline to pull it off, so well done them. If they continue in that vein then they'll have no problems staying in this division at all. We were poor for the first twenty five minutes- far too narrow and the play was confined to a very small part of the pitch but Blackpool had done their homework and they dominated the play here. James Wesolowski is not a winger, but ironically it tended to be when he drifted inside that we had our best opportunities.

In the second half we were much the better team- especially after Campbell and Hayes were brought on and Weso moved to the middle. There were a whole host of chances and to be honest we should have scored at least one. No-one in their right mind can compare that to the dross that was being served up last season. There were little glimpses of good interplay and I'm sure there's more of this to come when the lads learn how to play together a bit more.

The positives of the day for me have to be Chambers (and I really hope his injury isn't too serious- he looks a very useful right back) and N'Gotty at the back, the decent performance of De Vries, and the potential of young Hayes. If we can build on this then I'm still confident of a decent season.

In both the Portsmouth game and today the midfield was much more fluent and dominant when Clemence teamed up with Weso, of course having proper wingers also helped. That's not to say Kish was bad but his style of play doesn't seem complement Clemence's game, in fact it seems to inhibit Clemence. Where as with Weso, who plays a much more expansive game than Kish, moving left and right and driving into the penalty area Clemence seems to come alive and take on a much more responsible role.

Its one game. The season isn't a fecking sprint its a marathon. Alright we lost to blackpool who are not one of the better teams in the division. Today was one of those days where you cant find the net for love nor money. Judge the team after 10 games and see where we are then. They need time to gel.

Yeah, imagine a team that has played together for over a year in a promotion winning season, finding their balance and shape better than a team with a new manager and 12 new players!!! Spooky!!?

:rolleyes:

I started off agreeing with you, but I've just realised that there were only four new faces in the starting line-up.

..............not exactly starting from scratch is it? :rolleyes:

Maybe that's where the problem lies! Too much rubbish from last season still infecting the squad :unsure:

In both the Portsmouth game and today the midfield was much more fluent and dominant when Clemence teamed up with Weso, of course having proper wingers also helped. That's not to say Kish was bad but his style of play doesn't seem complement Clemence's game, in fact it seems to inhibit Clemence. Where as with Weso, who plays a much more expansive game than Kish, moving left and right and driving into the penalty area Clemence seems to come alive and take on a much more responsible role.

Nail. Head. Hit.

I think either way, one of the three will have to be sacrificed so that we can play with proper wingers. I think you're right when you say Kish may be the one to drop- he's more of your traditional holding man, whereas Weso's game has became a lot more than just this- him and Clem seem to click more (although I agree that both were still a little below par today) and the two become interchangable depending on the move. One will go forward if they're part of the move while the other might hang back a little and vice versa, rather than having a set 'I'm holding all the time, and you're attacking all the time' mentality.

I think that all makes sense. It does in my head anyway. :S

Oh, meant to say:

OI CHED!

Tell your stepdad thanks for trying. :P:D

5 Minutes was very generous I thought.

All down to D'urkhead though.

He received a bit of abuse from Allen, but said he enjoyed it. Allen will be lucky not to be sitting in the stands a lot this year by the sounds of things.

He received a bit of abuse from Allen, but said he enjoyed it. Allen will be lucky not to be sitting in the stands a lot this year by the sounds of things.

tell your step-dad next time he see's d'urso to headbutt him

Oh right, is it not the 4th official does stoppage time? Thats not quite as funny.

In the first half, when the ball rolled past Allen not quite over the line, did he clip it and then do a really hammy, innocent, "What, me?" pose, or was that just me?

Oh right, is it not the 4th official does stoppage time? Thats not quite as funny.

In the first half, when the ball rolled past Allen not quite over the line, did he clip it and then do a really hammy, innocent, "What, me?" pose, or was that just me?

The referee signals to the fourth official how much he wants adding on.

Fourth official is only really there to sort subs and look after the managers.

To be honest as Simon Grayson said, we had chances to win about 5 games.

Their keeper had the game of his life.

Personally I saw enough to be hopeful(ish) but I have never seen a less organised defence than ours today. Mattock looked uncomfortable at left back, McAuley i.m.o. is too slow. The main thing though was that none of the back four looked sure of what each other was going to do.

The positives were:

Weso looked dominant in the middle i.m.o.

Hume looked lively all game

Deep Freeze looked good in the 1st half (was a bit qiuet in the 2nd to be fair)

John Hayes looked lively on the wing, could be a good impact player.

AND the ref was an absolute c**t :@

The referee signals to the fourth official how much he wants adding on.

Fourth official is only really there to sort subs and look after the managers.

Can the fourth official inform the referee of any decisions at all?

Archived