Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Where's the love for MdV gone?!

Reading the post match thread I see many have now changed the mind saying why is he playing e.t.c...Welcome to reality! Get him out!

Yes he has improved I admitted that last week, thing is his improvment is only slight, and even if he has improved it still doesn't work, please we need to get rid of him! I'll pay another club to take him of our hands if that's what it takes. He may be fitter but he's still slow, he may have improved but he still can't turn, head consistantly (i.e only 1 in 5 balls), and shoot (Mind you he did have one good shot today)

De Vries, What's the verdict? Yey or Nay?

A big fat Nay for me, I know it's only one game, and I spose we do need to give him more than one game but it's the same old question we seem to keep asking how long do we give him?!

Thing is no matter how much he improves he's still got people like me (and many other) who simply just don't like him, and has to win us over...

Today's performance by him was the best I've seen of him. Too people have too much expectation... we're not Man Utd. we're bloody Leicester City, a team who has struggled in the Championship for consecutive seasons.

I expect to see a Mattock out thread as well tonight, he is loved by many as well. :rolleyes:

He didn't do that bad today, yes he encourages the hoof. At times he held up the ball well and found a team mate when he'd got it down.

Today's performance by him was the best I've seen of him. Too people have too much expectation... we're not Man Utd. we're bloody Leicester City, a team who has struggled in the Championship for consecutive seasons.

:| You didn't see the Tottenham F.A Cup game then? That is the one and only time I have seen anything remotely "decent" from Deep Freeze!

:| You didn't see the Tottenham F.A Cup game then? That is the one and only time I have seen anything remotely "decent" from Deep Freeze!

So he played "decent" but you still want to drop him? :|

de Vries and Campbell should be our front 2 on that showing today. The big man was the pick of our forwards today even though none of them managed to score.

I fail to see what he did so wrong compared to Hume or Campbell :dunno:

More things happened today with de Vries in the side then occured for the whole of last season.

Nay for me.

De Vries has done an excellent job in getting into shape for this season but he doesn't offer enough for the 1st team.

If we want to move on to bigger and better things we need to move the big man out of the team.

Can you see him scoring the 20+ goals that a team needs to get out of this division........no chance!

Fair play to the chap for coming back to the club where he was laughed and booed at and showing more determination than the likes of Hughes and Maybury but he is clearly no better than the likes of Elvis of this world.

When Campbell is back up to match fitness i can see him and Hume providing us with a strong strikeforce.

Whats people problem, fair play to MDV i say. He's been transfer listed, most players wouldn't give a shit and just rot in the reserves until he gets his next pay cheque.. But hes come back lost weight and shown the desire and hunger that he wants to play first team football again and prove MA wrong. MDV has shown great attitude and I think he deserves a fair crack at being int he first team to prove he can score regularly.

Reading the post match thread I see many have now changed the mind saying why is he playing e.t.c...Welcome to reality! Get him out!

Yes he has improved I admitted that last week, thing is his improvment is only slight, and even if he has improved it still doesn't work, please we need to get rid of him! I'll pay another club to take him of our hands if that's what it takes. He may be fitter but he's still slow, he may have improved but he still can't turn, head consistantly (i.e only 1 in 5 balls), and shoot (Mind you he did have one good shot today)

De Vries, What's the verdict? Yey or Nay?

A big fat Nay for me, I know it's only one game, and I spose we do need to give him more than one game but it's the same old question we seem to keep asking how long do we give him?!

Thing is no matter how much he improves he's still got people like me (and many other) who simply just don't like him, and has to win us over...

It's a whole lot more than 1 for me!...the new improved MDV?...still a waste of a squad number! :angry:

How does MDV encourage the long ball? Does the threaten players with a knee job, does he bribe them to lob long balls up the middle of course he doesn't. If players are hoofing the ball up to him criticise them not him, it's their fault not his.

As for DJ, yes he looks a good prospect and got himself into good position but at the moment he can't score either, he's missed much better chances than MDV, some created by MDV.

MDV is no footballing god but he does the job he's asked to do, clamouring for a Hume/DJ partnership is waste of time, Allen wants the big guy there to get in people's faces and that's what he's does, it's up to the like of Hume or DJ to feed off that, up to now they've not taken their chance and they are as culpable as MDV for the lack of goals, as is Allen's insistence on playing without recognised wingers.

de Vries and Campbell should be our front 2 on that showing today. The big man was the pick of our forwards today even though none of them managed to score.

I fail to see what he did so wrong compared to Hume or Campbell :dunno:

More things happened today with de Vries in the side then occured for the whole of last season.

Come off it barton, you've just got a bee up your arse about Hume. If DeVries played every game this season he wouldn't get 10 goals. The only reason people are saying he did well is because the rest played so poorly. If he's the best striker for us this season then it's relegation for sure.

Whats people problem, fair play to MDV i say. He's been transfer listed, most players wouldn't give a shit and just rot in the reserves until he gets his next pay cheque.. But hes come back lost weight and shown the desire and hunger that he wants to play first team football again and prove MA wrong. MDV has shown great attitude and I think he deserves a fair crack at being int he first team to prove he can score regularly.

But let's face it if he doesn't make it his career is almost as good as over, no other club has come in for him obviously, and he is out of contract at the end of this season, that pay cheque could be running out soon....

Nah as everyone says fair play he's got fit, he's got into shape, he's improved (slightly) and this sounds because we ain't the best that's evident but he just isn't good enough for us, but thanks for trying MdV!

I thought he was quality today.

Obviously he still isn't the most talented player in the world, but he gave his all, held the ball up well and showed some nice touches here and there. He also won some headers...

One thing I noticed today was the lack of Hume's movement when we have the ball. I have always thought he's our hardest working player, and he does work very hard when we haven't got it. I just think we need more movement up front. I liked seeing MA switch to 4-3-3 and then 3-4-3; finally a manager who dares to change formation. We looked better with DJ, MDV and IH up there, and I'd start with them up at Stanley on Tuesday.

Come off it barton, you've just got a bee up your arse about Hume. If DeVries played every game this season he wouldn't get 10 goals. The only reason people are saying he did well is because the rest played so poorly. If he's the best striker for us this season then it's relegation for sure.

So 9 in 2/3's of a season is a bad return when the superstar gets 4 more in a full season :dunno:

If you are slagging off de Vries for his performance today I'd love to know what Hume did that was so good.

I thought he was quality today.

Obviously he still isn't the most talented player in the world, but he gave his all, held the ball up well and showed some nice touches here and there. He also won some headers...

One thing I noticed today was the lack of Hume's movement when we have the ball. I have always thought he's our hardest working player, and he does work very hard when we haven't got it. I just think we need more movement up front. I liked seeing MA switch to 4-3-3 and then 3-4-3; finally a manager who dares to change formation. We looked better with DJ, MDV and IH up there, and I'd start with them up at Stanley on Tuesday.

Oh oh, your getting dangerously close to exposing the myth ;)

Archived