Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Where's the love for MdV gone?!

de Vries and Campbell should be our front 2 on that showing today. The big man was the pick of our forwards today even though none of them managed to score.

I fail to see what he did so wrong compared to Hume or Campbell :dunno:

More things happened today with de Vries in the side then occured for the whole of last season.

fooking hell i've agreed with barton fox again.

i fail to see how hume gets rated so highly for today's game when he didnt touch the ball for the 1st 30 mins atleast

So 9 in 2/3's of a season is a bad return when the superstar gets 4 more in a full season :dunno:

If you are slagging off de Vries for his performance today I'd love to know what Hume did that was so good.

To be honest I hardly noticed Hume was playing. MDV was certainly more involved but journeymen defenders took the ball from him with ease. 1 shot against the crossbar and a miss from a free header doesn't make him a good player.

Nay for me.

De Vries has done an excellent job in getting into shape for this season but he doesn't offer enough for the 1st team.

If we want to move on to bigger and better things we need to move the big man out of the team.

Can you see him scoring the 20+ goals that a team needs to get out of this division........no chance!

Fair play to the chap for coming back to the club where he was laughed and booed at and showing more determination than the likes of Hughes and Maybury but he is clearly no better than the likes of Elvis of this world.

When Campbell is back up to match fitness i can see him and Hume providing us with a strong strikeforce.

DeVries scores one in three when in form so assuming 46 matches he could bag around 16. And many of his goals were at a far higher level than we're playing now.

He also takes enormous weight off DJ and Hume and had the manager been brave enough and wise enough to use all three from the start I'm convinced we'd have won.

Our team, now chambers is injured, should be:

Henderson;

Ka'eibi, N'Gotty, Stearman, Sheehan;

Clemence, Wesolowski;

Porter;

Hume, DeVries, Campbell.

Subs: Neilsen, Mcauley, Hayes, Fryatt, Odhiambo.

And if we pick it, we'll start winning some football matches.

PS: Whether MDV's better than Elvis is another argument altogether. We really missed someone with the pace of Elvis today. Newton's like Sylla, deceptively quick but he can't get out of the starting blocks and what he does has too little consequence.

I'd have far sooner spend wages on Hammond than Newton.

Newton's what I call an impressionist footballer. He never looks as bad as he is. Like Hughes.

DeVries scores one in three when in form so assuming 46 matches he could bag around 16. And many of his goals were at a far higher level than we're playing now.

He also takes enormous weight off DJ and Hume and had the manager been brave enough and wise enough to use all three from the start I'm convinced we'd have won.

Henderson;

Clemence, Wesolowski;

Porter;

Hume, DeVries, Campbell.

PS: Whether MDV's better than Elvis is another argument altogether. We really missed someone with the pace of Elvis today. Newton's like Sylla, deceptively quick but he can't get out of the starting blocks and what he does has too little consequence.

Newton's what I call an impressionist footballer. He never looks as bad as he is. Like Hughes.

A few things:

1. Haha Porter.

2. Haha Elvis.

3. Hughes always looked shit, Newton played perfectly fine.

I agree with the rest.

MDV was probably our best player today.

Did everything asked of him, could easily have had a couple of goals and made us threatening even when we hoofed it aimlessly.

And some people around me were still criticising and scapegoating him, as are people on here. To be honest it makes you look quite thick and ignorant. You shouldn't boo your own players, especially not hard working and dangerous ones. Some people deservbed to wach a losing team today.

I feel sorry for MDV, no matter what he does now half the fans will always slag him off.

he was doing 9/10 things right today and the 1/10 things he wasnt, people just are quick to criticise!

Totally agree with that, people are using him as a scapegoat.

He did ok today had a couple of good efforts, one which was a wonder strike and he was unlucky for it not to go in.

He held the ball up well, and I think that it was our midfield which let us down today, not width at all.

Mattock also had a shocker, and I don't understand why some ignorant fan has started this thread about De Vries, yet where is the one about Mattock and the other players that didn't perform?

I do think that with some creativity in central midfield we could play both Hume and DJ but atm that clearly isn't the case.

The team as a whole needs to improve not just one player.

Henderson;

Clemence, Wesolowski;

Porter;

Hume, DeVries, Campbell.

Lets face it, De Vries no matter how hard he tries is not going to improve Leicester City as a football Club!!!!

Hume and Campbell are the way forward........you ask any centre half in the championship, who would they prefer to play against out of De Vries, Hume and Campbell. Would be De Vries everyday of the week.

Wins nothing in the air (ok say around 3 flick on's in 90 minutes) and i would probably have more confidence in Elvis in a 1 on 1 against a keeper.

And the weight issue. How did he get into that state in the first place?

As for the above team...no chance!!!!!!!! Sheehan & porter didnt even make the squad today. No Mcauley?

But worst of all..........MARK DE VRIES!!!!

Lets face it, De Vries no matter how hard he tries is not going to improve Leicester City as a football Club!!!!

Hume and Campbell are the way forward........you ask any centre half in the championship, who would they prefer to play against out of De Vries, Hume and Campbell. Would be De Vries everyday of the week.

Wouldn't be so sure.

Wins nothing in the air (ok say around 3 flick on's in 90 minutes) and i would probably have more confidence in Elvis in a 1 on 1 against a keeper.

Really?

And the weight issue. How did he get into that state in the first place?

As for the above team...no chance!!!!!!!! Sheehan & porter didnt even make the squad today. No Mcauley?

But worst of all..........MARK DE VRIES!!!!

McAuley was shocking today, I prefer Kisnorbo.

Ok, I've been one of De Vries' biggest critics, but I thought he did fairly well today. He doesn't win many in the air, and if that's what MA expects of him then he's got the wrong man. But his control and hold up play was generally good, and his turn and shot against the bar was Henry-esque. I don't think he's good enough to be part of a promotion winning team but he was better than 'the mythical' Hume, who is above criticism by most on here.

For me, against Accrington I'd start with De Vries and Campbell - who looked our most dangerous strikers in the end.

I sure was! De Vries was not our wost player today i'm just saying going forward we dont need him in the team.

As soon as Campbell is fit, bye bye De Vries!

would that be the same DJ that did nothing in pre-season to say he deserved to start, other then cost £1.6M

Mattock made him look bad, McAuley had to cover so many times at left-back and therefore got caught out of position.

I hadn't thought about it until now, but thinking back that's true. Mattock only had 5 bad minutes, though.

I didn't think McAuley was bad at all. :dunno:

I cant belive im saying this but i was fairly impressed with him today. First time ive seen him since last season and he did look a different player. As people have said he does encourage the long ball but he still cant head to save his life anyway. But he looks a lot sharper and quicker.

Definatly shouldnt be keeping DJ out the team though.

Archived