Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Where's the love for MdV gone?!

:| You didn't see the Tottenham F.A Cup game then? That is the one and only time I have seen anything remotely "decent" from Deep Freeze!

He wasn't decent then, he was just in the right place at the right top and scored the goal.

I sure was! De Vries was not our wost player today i'm just saying going forward we dont need him in the team.

As soon as Campbell is fit, bye bye De Vries!

That won't be the case at all. Unless MA signs an alternative holding player I cannot see him going with two small guys.

MDV was forever holding the ball and feeding it to people today. No he wasn't flawless but who is at our level. The fact is, with the chances created today we should have scored at least twice.

Their goalkeeper made a couple of timely stops and how Weso's effort from 10 yards was blocked I don't know. MDV was the source of many of those chances - as well as having his own notable efforts.

One of the problems right now is we've got so many new faces around the place it's still like the first week at school. everyone's trying to find their place in the classroom.

It's not panic and instant condemnation that's wanted but a little time, a little faith and more attackers on earlier in the match so we cannot finish games off before anyone can grab a breakaway and hang on. MA's forever saying he's ruthless. Well ruthless people don't give folk chances. thumbup:

I cant belive im saying this but i was fairly impressed with him today. First time ive seen him since last season and he did look a different player. As people have said he does encourage the long ball but he still cant head to save his life anyway. But he looks a lot sharper and quicker.

Definatly shouldnt be keeping DJ out the team though.

I agree he does hold the ball up well. He can be useful at times.

I'm wondering if Fryatt might get a game at Accrington. He can hold the ball up well when needed, and since De Vries can't head the ball anyway, it's not particularly different. One partnership I think would be interesting to experiment with would be Fryatt/Campbell, though I doubt it'll happen at all this season.

MDV was forever holding the ball and feeding it to people today. No he wasn't flawless but who is at our level. The fact is, with the chances created today we should have scored at least twice.

Their goalkeeper made a couple of timely stops and how Weso's effort from 10 yards was blocked I don't know. MDV was the source of many of those chances - as well as having his own notable efforts.

One of the problems right now is we've got so many new faces around the place it's still like the first week at school. everyone's trying to find their place in the classroom.

It's not panic and instant condemnation that's wanted but a little time, a little faith and more attackers on earlier in the match so we cannot finish games off before anyone can grab a breakaway and hang on. MA's forever saying he's ruthless. Well ruthless people don't give folk chances. thumbup:

Absolutely spot on Thracian.

I'll get you a pint for that - I was worried the entire forum was going tits up.

I hope MA doesn't use this game to give certain people run outs. We need to get some stability in the squad and get them to work together in preperation for Palace.

I do hope so aswell. Maybe a few changes i would imagine.

That won't be the case at all. Unless MA signs an alternative holding player I cannot see him going with two small guys.

Thracian to be honest for many of your posts I have to shake my head in disbelief at the content BUT that's spot on I thought MDV was far from our worst player today and held the ball up very well at times he did look like a different player, I also noted that unlike the MDV of old when a decision went against him he just picked himself up and got on with things instead of throwing his arms around.

It's also obvious to me that MDV is a pretty nervous character and it's obvious the famous Leicester boo boys got to him last time and I imagine he would have been really nervous before going on the pitch today and it's amazing sometimes what confidence can do for a player.

I did see some promising signs today that things will come good unlike some I just don't expect and instant return

****ing pathetic. Sort yourselves out and find another scapegoat.

Agree ...its all too easy to blame MdV.

If he HAD scored with that shgot,that HE himself created ,id have liked to see the reaction form his Boo Boy.

Fair enough,he didn't score but he was by no way the worst player on the field.

If MA really didn't rate him,believe me he wouldn't play him.

He is not an MA signing,and im sure he doesn't need to play him to get rid of him.

We have enough dead wood that is not being played.

OKay,he is clumbersome sometimes but just keep an open mind towards him...

I don't blame MDV for the defeat, as I said earlier he was no worst than anybody else. What I object to is people saying he was MOTM, someone even gave him 9/10 FFS.

He had a fairish game in a poor side, that's all.

I don't blame MDV for the defeat, as I said earlier he was no worst than anybody else. What I object to is people saying he was MOTM, someone even gave him 9/10 FFS.

He had a fairish game in a poor side, that's all.

I suppose you will always get people who will give him 0 out of 10 even if he gets a hat trick!!!

Like wise his supporters will stick up for him!!!! :D

I gave him 10 out of 10.... :unsure:

MDV is a decent player, but is he good enough to be in a play off winning side, im not so sure.

He just hasnt got the anticipation, or agility, everything seems to be in slow motion with him.

Credit where credits due tho, he was good today, held the ball up, put himself about, tackled back, hit the bar, hit the post, he did everything but score. Hes not the most pleasing on the eye, but i think if hes given a few games with Hume or Campbell, he'll bag a few, and the same with Hume/DJ.

He cant head it for shit tho, thats my only problem - it seems to encourage the long ball and he cant bastard well head it!!

Agree ...its all too easy to blame MdV.

If he HAD scored with that shgot,that HE himself created ,id have liked to see the reaction form his Boo Boy.

Fair enough,he didn't score but he was by no way the worst player on the field.

If MA really didn't rate him,believe me he wouldn't play him.

He is not an MA signing,and im sure he doesn't need to play him to get rid of him.

We have enough dead wood that is not being played.

Okay,he is cumbersome sometimes but just keep an open mind towards him...

An "open mind"? This is Foxestalk FFS. lol

In the absence of Hammond the resident lynch mob (many of whom don't even bother to go to games) have decided that de Vries will be their scapegoat this season.

Attempting to reason with them is futile. They're hardly likely to let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

I hope Allen sticks with him, at least until Cort finally gets fit.

Go on...

Well you could go for the more conventional 'De Vries, De Vries, De Vries is on fire' or the more never previously sung except at Quorn by two people, 'la la la, la la la laaaa, la la la laaaaa, De Vriiiieeeessss'

Your choice.

More than likely neither.

Well you could go for the more conventional 'De Vries, De Vries, De Vries is on fire' or the more never previously sung except at Quorn by two people, 'la la la, la la la laaaa, la la la laaaaa, De Vriiiieeeessss'

Your choice.

Thats dreadful! lol

Your choice.

No when I said popular I meant like the old

"HUUUUUUUUUUME"

"Du Du Du Du Matty Fryatt"

There was a few people around me trying to get the De Vries, De Vries, De Vries is on fire one going.

Its a difficult topic is MDV! The thing is, we need strikers in the team that can possible grab 20 goals each or thereabouts. Will MDV ever be that forward? i personally dont think so. Dont get me wrong, he has his pluses and at times yesterday showed some really classy glimpses but he isnt a penalty box striker or a fox-in-the-box type of attacker and despite his height, doesn't attack headers with venom like a Ferdinand did so wont score that many from set-pieces or open play with his head. He showed good technical ability and some lovely touches but we need a lot more than that.

I can also see why people want him though as he does show some good things and today was an example as at times, he did do well but I must be honest and say I cant see him being a 20 goal a season man ever and when you have a midfield that is full of players who are not renowned for scoring goals, you have to make damn sure that the strikers score the goals.

An "open mind"? This is Foxestalk FFS. lol

In the absence of Hammond the resident lynch mob (many of whom don't even bother to go to games) have decided that de Vries will be their scapegoat this season.

Attempting to reason with them is futile. They're hardly likely to let facts get in the way of a good whinge.

I hope Allen sticks with him, at least until Cort finally gets fit.

Whereas you appear to have DJ as a scapegoat, after just the one competitive match.

Archived