Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

How f*cking stupid is your average City fan/FT poster?

106 members have voted

1. 1. For me it's a close run thing...

• Stupid & ignorant
    • Very stupid and ignorant
    • Would make a Big Brother contestant look like a Mensa candidate
    • Probably gets their head stuck in a lot of cupboards
    • Insufferably f*cking stupid

I don't even think Mattock was that bad. The pass back to Henderson was the crowds fault IMO, the whole the east stand started yelling at him for holding the ball for too long, yes it's frustrating to watch a player dither but he's 17 FFS! Any way I think Mattock thought he was in trouble of losing the ball in a dangerous position (which he wasn't) and paniced. Of course after this his confidence was completley shot.

Aside from that I don't think he was terrible, it was no where near as bad as a Sheehan V Crewe type performance.

Sheehan wasn't terrible that day either. Apart from his rash sending off he contributed to Leicester playing some of their better football that day and to what would have undoubtedly been another win - rather than a draw - had Hammond's goal not been disallowed for a hairline offside decision.

Fact is that in some 16 first team League, Cup or open choice friendly games Sheehan has played by my recollection, City have won 12, drawn two and lost 2 as far as I can recall.

The point is not made to over-estimate the value fo the games but to show that Sheehan, arguably more than any other individual, brings balance to our side and increases our attacking potential considerably.

In fact, apart from Kilmarnock when he only played for eight minutes before being subbed as a precaution because of a booking, I cannot remember Leicester failing to score in any the matches Sheehan has played in.

Yet on average City fail to score close to 4 times every 16 games.

Furthermore, totally ignoring Saturday's performance by Mattock, I would have no hesitation is picking Sheehan as first choice over the 17-year-old based on his overall form pre-season and said so on two or three occasions before the Blackpool defeat.

You can call him all you like but it seems to me that Sheehan is exactly like Gradel in that both are consistently ignored for a string of inferior players because they are essentially craftsmen and our managers are consistently wary of such players - as is demonstrated by the distance we've fallen down the footballing ladder.

To me the sooner we get the blend of craftsmen and husslers back into various parts of our team the sooner we'll start climbing the League again.

Just for example I'll mention Clemence who everyone has been raving about. Compared to a master craftsman midfielder like Davie Gibson on a scale of 0-10 I'd rate Clemence about 3 to Gibson's 10.

Even in-form DeVries compared to Derek Dougan 3 to 10, Campbell against Lineker 2 to 10, Newton compared with Howard Riley or Lenny Glover 2 to 10.

We've somehow got to bring those numbers closer.

Expecting a hatload from the new striker on his debut and questioning his abilities for not doing it.

Slating MDV for not being Ronaldo.

Berating Allen for adjusting his tactics during the course of a match in an attempt to salvage it.

Picking on a 17 year old for making a couple of mistakes.

All from one lost match that contained a mass of positives.

None of these morons were realistic in their expectations before the season started and now they're sounding like a bunch of f'cking fools in their outrage. I've not bothered with most of the threads because, quite frankly, the intelligence being exhibited is woefully low. Moreover, a stack of these people didn't even watch the f'cking match.

Twats.

It's like "picking" on a 13/14 year old for making a few mistakes on here :P

Sheehan wasn't terrible that day either. Apart from his rash sending off he contributed to Leicester playing some of their better football that day and to what would have undoubtedly been another win - rather than a draw - had Hammond's goal not been disallowed for a hairline offside decision.

Fact is that in some 16 first team League, Cup or open choice friendly games Sheehan has played by my recollection, City have won 12, drawn two and lost 2 as far as I can recall.

The point is not made to over-estimate the value fo the games but to show that Sheehan, arguably more than any other individual, brings balance to our side and increases our attacking potential considerably.

In fact, apart from Kilmarnock when he only played for eight minutes before being subbed as a precaution because of a booking, I cannot remember Leicester failing to score in any the matches Sheehan has played in.

Yet on average City fail to score close to 4 times every 16 games.

Furthermore, totally ignoring Saturday's performance by Mattock, I would have no hesitation is picking Sheehan as first choice over the 17-year-old based on his overall form pre-season and said so on two or three occasions before the Blackpool defeat.

You can call him all you like but it seems to me that Sheehan is exactly like Gradel in that both are consistently ignored for a string of inferior players because they are essentially craftsmen and our managers are consistently wary of such players - as is demonstrated by the distance we've fallen down the footballing ladder.

To me the sooner we get the blend of craftsmen and husslers back into various parts of our team the sooner we'll start climbing the League again.

Just for example I'll mention Clemence who everyone has been raving about. Compared to a master craftsman midfielder like Davie Gibson on a scale of 0-10 I'd rate Clemence about 3 to Gibson's 10.

Even in-form DeVries compared to Derek Dougan 3 to 10, Campbell against Lineker 2 to 10, Newton compared with Howard Riley or Lenny Glover 2 to 10.

We've somehow got to bring those numbers closer.

Sheehan was beyond dreadfull that game he got eaten alive for 57 minutes allowed the cross for their goal and then got sent off, after which we looked a better side with 10 men and scored I don't think it's possible to have a worse game.

In the current climate of todays game Dougan Gibson Glover and Linekar would be worth tens of millions of pounds. Get real.

That is farcical.

Sheehan is not a bad player but he was TERRIBLE that day. He seemed to have a strop on. His passes never found their man, he made several rash tackles.... he was poor Thracian.

As for Hammond's hairline offside? Are you sure? He usually stands 10-15 yards offside so I find it hard to believe it was a hairline decision?

Anyone got a clip of this so we can prove 'demonstrably' once and for all that Thracian talks complete bollocks.

That is farcical.

Sheehan is not a bad player but he was TERRIBLE that day. He seemed to have a strop on. His passes never found their man, he made several rash tackles.... he was poor Thracian.

As for Hammond's hairline offside? Are you sure? He usually stands 10-15 yards offside so I find it hard to believe it was a hairline decision?

Anyone got a clip of this so we can prove 'demonstrably' once and for all that Thracian talks complete bollocks.

I remember that game, and I did think Sheehan was poor that game!

Expecting a hatload from the new striker on his debut and questioning his abilities for not doing it.

Slating MDV for not being Ronaldo.

Berating Allen for adjusting his tactics during the course of a match in an attempt to salvage it.

Picking on a 17 year old for making a couple of mistakes.

All from one lost match that contained a mass of positives.

None of these morons were realistic in their expectations before the season started and now they're sounding like a bunch of f'cking fools in their outrage. I've not bothered with most of the threads because, quite frankly, the intelligence being exhibited is woefully low. Moreover, a stack of these people didn't even watch the f'cking match.

Twats.

Expecting a hatload from the new striker on his debut and questioning his abilities for not doing it- I don't personally think DJ is going to produce the goods full stop and as such won't criticise him personally for his performances-he doesn't pick the team!

Slating MDV for not being Ronaldo.-Again another player who hasn't got the ability to produce the goods and he too doesn't pick the team so shouldn't be criticised!

Berating Allen for adjusting his tactics during the course of a match in an attempt to salvage it. It wasn't so much his changing tactics when one down just his tactics in general and not having his team ready for the first match of the season.

Picking on a 17 year old for making a couple of mistakes.-That was out of order :@

All from one lost match that contained a mass of positives. I'm still looking for the positives :dunno:

Can you honestly not see the contradiction in that last sentence? :doh:

The fact the game was lost completely negates any of the "positives" you care to mention - which, actually you don't.

Maybe you should stick to the Big Brother live feeds from now on, as the folk on there are about your level.

What are you on about?! Why do some of our fans get so much pleasure in talking utter shite and trying to be doom and gloom merchants? Why don't you just fook off and support Forest or Leeds as you`ll have plenty to moan about that has some kind of worthwhile basis for your mongery. (Just made that word up and its special as it describes the babblings of a disabled although all I can visualize for the description is the moaning golfer Colin Montgomerie)

Expecting a hatload from the new striker on his debut and questioning his abilities for not doing it- I don't personally think DJ is going to produce the goods full stop and as such won't criticise him personally for his performances-he doesn't pick the team!

Slating MDV for not being Ronaldo.-Again another player who hasn't got the ability to produce the goods and he too doesn't pick the team so shouldn't be criticised!

Berating Allen for adjusting his tactics during the course of a match in an attempt to salvage it. It wasn't so much his changing tactics when one down just his tactics in general and not having his team ready for the first match of the season.

Picking on a 17 year old for making a couple of mistakes.-That was out of order :@

All from one lost match that contained a mass of positives. I'm still looking for the positives :dunno:

Allen, mate, I like you - you make me laugh when you are rude to people and you often have excellent points to make - but there is a salient fact that cripples any argument you have about this match...

...you didn't watch it, you weren't at the match.

You haven't seen De Vries pre-season and you didn't see him or DJ on Saturday. You didn't see the build-up play, you didn't notice Chambers excellent runs down the flank. You missed N'Gotty putting in a very assured performance, Clemence's step-overs and distribution and Allen changing formations and attacking (yes, we attacked) creating chance upon chance. You didn't witness DJ running from deep, MDV holding the play and making a number of excellent lay-offs and nor did you catch the occasional 15-pass move down the field.

People like Ultra that claim to have seen an awful match devoid of positives are simply gibbering idiots that have difficulty forming coherent thoughts, that sit dribbling in their seat for 90 minutes thinking that to score a goal equals success with the obverse meaning abject failure. They are sad little fools, do not be taken in by their tripe.

Tell me when you're coming up next and I'll buy you some cider and you will see I'm right.

The present may not be a blossoming cherry tree but it is miles from the cankerous old stump the idiots are painting it out to be. ;)

Allen, mate, I like you - you make me laugh when you are rude to people and you often have excellent points to make - but there is a salient fact that cripples any argument you have about this match...

You haven't seen De Vries pre-season and you didn't see him or DJ on Saturday. You didn't see the build-up play, you didn't notice Chambers excellent runs down the flank. You missed N'Gotty putting in a very assured performance, Clemence's step-overs and distribution and Allen changing formations and attacking (yes, we attacked) creating chance upon chance. You didn't witness DJ running from deep, MDV holding the play and making a number of excellent lay-offs and nor did you catch the occasional 15-pass move down the field.

People like Ultra that claim to have seen an awful match devoid of positives are simply gibbering idiots that have difficulty forming coherent thoughts, that sit dribbling in their seat for 90 minutes thinking that to score a goal equals success with the obverse meaning abject failure. They are sad little fools, do not be taken in by their tripe.

Tell me when you're coming up next and I'll buy you some cider and you will see I'm right.

The present may not be a blossoming cherry tree but it is miles from the cankerous old stump the idiots are painting it out to be. ;)

I like that bit especially as it's plural ;)

I know I wasn't at the match I've never claimed to be and thanks for the positives :unsure:

I saw us play as you've described in many games last year with the end result being the same.

I haven't given up the ghost yet. Martin Allen must be given this season and much of next before any rash decisions are made, no matter how painful.

I said in a previous post he could be a little out of his depth just now in this league and maybe needs time to adapt, his failure to get us ready for the start of the season is proof of that.

I don't rate his signings thats just a personal point of view and I'm hoping he'll get it right sooner rather then later.

I may be critical but I haven't forgotten the bad old days so I'm prepared to wait for the good ones to return.

That is farcical.

You're like a galvanised bucket on a market stall, all noise and nothing in it.

Not going again today?

Not going again today?

lol. Oh dear thats even better than the swarm of flying ants.

I don't think you can really say alot about him not going today, a league cup 1st round game and 10 odd hour round trip on a week night I think I'd probabley give is a miss as well. In fact I am anyway!

Not going again today?

That doesn't make any sense.

And no, I'm not.

Like I say - coming from the man who thinks all parking attendants are like the Gestapo and that all black people are like apes, I don't really care much for how you choose to judge me!

I saw us play as you've described in many games last year with the end result being the same.

I can't remember anything apart from huff and puff last season, poor quality huff'n'puff at that.. :dunno:

That, my temperance biker, is the best post I have read concerning the match. I didn't see it either but it sums up the game as I heard it on the radio and what MA said on Monday after two days refelection and watching the game on DVD.

Sure we are all disappointed at the result but iit seems that we are moving forward and building something rather than letting dereliction set in; which from my perspective was what was happening to us. :thumbup:

That, my temperance biker, is the best post I have read concerning the match. I didn't see it either but it sums up the game as I heard it on the radio and what MA said on Monday after two days refelection and watching the game on DVD.

Sure we are all disappointed at the result but iit seems that we are moving forward and building something rather than letting dereliction set in; which from my perspective was what was happening to us. :thumbup:

I could have added Joe looking a bit fish-out-of-water, Stearman hoofing around like Bambi on Ice, McCauley lumping the ball in random directions and the wing-men disappearing from view for minutes on end...but that would just have started the doom-mongers off again.

I have now lost a further 1kg or gained 15kg, depending on which reading you want to go by on our crap scales. It would seem there really is more than one way of looking at any given scenario :D

I could have added Joe looking a bit fish-out-of-water, Stearman hoofing around like Bambi on Ice, McCauley lumping the ball in random directions and the wing-men disappearing from view for minutes on end...but that would just have started the doom-mongers off again.

I have now lost a further 1kg or gained 15kg, depending on which reading you want to go by on our crap scales. It would seem there really is more than one way of looking at any given scenario :D

In which case I would have yawned through your drivel and accused you of joining those to whom this thread is honouring......not your style though is it?

Speaking of scenarios, we've just had a real estate guy to give us a price to sell the house. He said our scenario was wonderful but implied the house needed a good coat of flame. :cry:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bZT622ew_dM

I think we were all spoiled by MON...

Before he came along we were shit, we knew we were shit and we thought we'd always be shit... It didn't matter, we were the Foxes, we sang whether win, lose or draw!!

Now, post MON, the atmosphere seems to have dried up a bit, fans expectations have risen and we miss the point of being a Leicester fan.

Those days were only great because the previous ones had been so shit!! Let's have a little patience, get behind the lads and help build some team spirit..

We don't only sing when we're winning!! We are the foxes and foxes never quit!!

It could be worse... David Pleat could have returned...

I think we were all spoiled by MON...

Before he came along we were shit, we knew we were shit and we thought we'd always be shit... It didn't matter, we were the Foxes, we sang whether win, lose or draw!!

Now, post MON, the atmosphere seems to have dried up a bit, fans expectations have risen and we miss the point of being a Leicester fan.

Those days were only great because the previous ones had been so shit!! Let's have a little patience, get behind the lads and help build some team spirit..

We don't only sing when we're winning!! We are the foxes and foxes never quit!!

It could be worse... David Pleat could have returned...

Welcome Bob... :welcome:

Archived