Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Who's in the betting.

Bet365 - New Manager Odds;

Paul Jewell - 5/2 (Fav)

Neil Warnock - 4/1 (2nd Fav)

Gary Megson - 13/2

Brendan Rodgers - 13/2

Glenn Roeder - 8/1

Simon Grayson - 10/1

Peter Reid - 10/1

Jimmy Calderwood - 14/1

Paul Ince - 16/1

Gary Johnson - 20/1

Harry Redknapp - 50/1

Paul Merson - 50/1

Bet365 - New Manager Odds;

Paul Jewell - 5/2 (Fav)

Neil Warnock - 4/1 (2nd Fav)

Gary Megson - 13/2

Brendan Rodgers - 13/2

Glenn Roeder - 8/1

Simon Grayson - 10/1

Peter Reid - 10/1

Jimmy Calderwood - 14/1

Paul Ince - 16/1

Gary Johnson - 20/1

Harry Redknapp - 50/1

Paul Merson - 50/1

I wouldn't let some of those names herd my badgers, nevermind manage my football club.

Paul Jewell - 5/2 (Fav) :clap::wub:

Neil Warnock - 4/1 (2nd Fav) :@

Gary Megson - 13/2 :cry:

Brendan Rodgers - 13/2 :dunno:

Glenn Roeder - 8/1 :yawn:

Simon Grayson - 10/1 :dunno:

Peter Reid - 10/1 :frusty:

Jimmy Calderwood - 14/1 <_<

Paul Ince - 16/1 :doh:

Gary Johnson - 20/1 :thumbup:

Harry Redknapp - 50/1 :worship:lol

Paul Merson - 50/1 :eek: :frusty:

I wouldn't mind him, don't get me wrong, he's my favourite out of the lot *cough*Roader and Megson piss off*cough* but Madaric didn't like Allen for his different approach and decisions so appointing someone similar just doesn't seem all that likely. But I guess he's a proven manager, so who am I to say?

I don't understand why he'd appoint Jewell

Wigan Athletic. :unsure:

Milan needs success... especially after recent events. Jewell has promoted a team from this division before. That doesn't guarantee success this time around, but it's a good place to start. He's also managed in the Premiership with some success, too. Jewell has a track record in this division - and that's probably what we need around about now. Warnock will be a strong candidate for similar reasons - although he appears to have backed out of this decision already this year.

Grayson & Ince and this Rodgers chap are all long shots having either not managed at this level at all, or only for the briefest of periods.

Jewell and Warnock are rightly the favourites at this time - if Mandaric wants to go up this year, as it has been suggested, he needs a candidate with a track record... now isn't the time to take a gamble on an up-and-coming type. :ermm:

Milan needs success... especially after recent events. Jewell has promoted a team from this division before. That doesn't guarantee success this time around, but it's a good place to start. He's also managed in the Premiership with some success, too. Jewell has a track record in this division - and that's probably what we need around about now. Warnock will be a strong candidate for similar reasons - although he appears to have backed out of this decision already this year.

Grayson & Ince and this Rodgers chap are all long shots having either not managed at this level at all, or only for the briefest of periods.

Jewell and Warnock are rightly the favourites at this time - if Mandaric wants to go up this year, as it has been suggested, he needs a candidate with a track record... now isn't the time to take a gamble on an up-and-coming type. :ermm:

Pity he didn't consider that before he hired Allen :(

if you want a recent promotion track record gary johnson of bristol city is your man

coincidentally my third choice out of three i would be very happy with :thumbup: (grayson & jewell being the other two)

The thing is would Jewell come here? surely at the moment he's number one in line for the next Premiership team that needs a new boss (surely there will be one before xmas, maybe Bolton).

Hopefully Jewell will want to come to a club who will have better support and would rather manage a club like Leicester than go back to rugby league country

I heard that Paul Jewell had a clause where he could not manage another team until december :unsure:

Something like that...

He can manage another club, but that club would have to compensate Wigan.

So he's free to work with us... if Mandaric doesn't mind ponying up a few hundred thousand or so. :unsure:

I think Warnock would probably suit Milan best. Bit of controversy, likes a good attack, doesn't mind older players.

I'm not holding grudges if we take him on.

im reserving judgement until & if we take him on but im going to get behind whatever manager just some more begrudgeingly(spelling?) than others :thumbup:

Paul Jewell - 5/2 (Fav)

Neil Warnock - 4/1 (2nd Fav) :@

Gary Megson - 13/2 :cry:

Brendan Rodgers - 13/2 :dunno:

Glenn Roeder - 8/1 :yawn:

Simon Grayson - 10/1 :dunno:

Peter Reid - 10/1 :frusty:

Jimmy Calderwood - 14/1 <_<

Paul Ince - 16/1 :doh:

Gary Johnson - 20/1 :thumbup:

Harry Redknapp - 50/1 :worship:lol

Paul Merson - 50/1 :eek: :frusty:

That's very good!

Bet you the new manager is not on that list though! :cool:

I heard that Paul Jewell had a clause where he could not manage another team until december :unsure:

I can only suggest that there may have been a gentlemans agreement between Whelan and Jewell that he wasn't jumping ship to another premiership club but can't imagine that a Championship team even entered into their minds. This is total conjecture of course.

Archived