Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Football Manager 2008

Just downloaded the demo. Not very good. Couldn't find the transfer list. I have been given £0 transfer budget and expected to finish mid table. Also had to bids for Joe Mattock and one for Andy King. Rejected them because not looked at the form data yet.

Now who should I get to the club. Have scouted one player who is listed as superb and out of contract.

I normally get the older versions of these games. I am not paying £30 plus every year just to have a team that is relegated. My teams usually end up full of injured and suspended star players

The other football management games that I have are about 6 years old. MON in charge of Leicester. I think I need a more recent one. :D .

Just downloaded the demo. Not very good. Couldn't find the transfer list. I have been given £0 transfer budget and expected to finish mid table. Also had to bids for Joe Mattock and one for Andy King. Rejected them because not looked at the form data yet.

Now who should I get to the club. Have scouted one player who is listed as superb and out of contract.

I normally get the older versions of these games. I am not paying £30 plus every year just to have a team that is relegated. My teams usually end up full of injured and suspended star players

The other football management games that I have are about 6 years old. MON in charge of Leicester. I think I need a more recent one. :D .

Christ, it's like Thracian and Worthington all over again.

If you don't understand it, don't bother.

I'd say the same to Thracian - but he's too set in his ways. Besides, if he wasn't at the football, his wife would get no break from the cruel 'poor washing up technique' jibes and the 'you're keeping a younger candidate out of contention' rubbish.

Christ, it's like Thracian and Worthington all over again.

If you don't understand it, don't bother.

I'd say the same to Thracian - but he's too set in his ways. Besides, if he wasn't at the football, his wife would get no break from the cruel 'poor washing up technique' jibes and the 'you're keeping a younger candidate out of contention' rubbish.

lol Bow in the presence of greatness :worship:

Lost to Wolves 3-1 with Hume scoring.

Now as I talk playin West Brom in 2nd Round of Carling Cup. Went 1-0 down. Then went up 3-1 with 2 goals from débutant Dwight Yorke and a goal from Clem. Now on 70 mins its 3-3 :(

EDIT: 92 Minutes and 46 seconds on the clock and Danny Haynes connects to Hume's cross to make it 4-3 :D

Why should I not play it? Everyone has to start somewhere. I just don't like wasting money on the 'real mega up to date' version when I can learn just as well and have the majority of the features on an older version.

I bought FM 2006 today for £3. The 2007 was £12. In a few weeks time when 2008 is released many users will be ditching the 2007 they bought 12 month ago in favour of the 2008 which the makers have surprisingly added 'new features and improved' and retails for £15-£40. Hurry up and buy it you don't want to be left out. :D

Have had a quick look at the manual and may take pot luck at a teasm by registering as unemployed. I'll check my PC specifications to see if it will take world wide leagues and I will start from there. The manual does warn against taking over your favourite team in an higher league as the expectations are higher. If I take over a team in the Tonga third division for instance any player brought in from Englands third div couldl be qualility players.

Time to install now. :D Watch out manager Lester El-fandango Doodlebug is set to be a future England manager. :D

I don't think my SOH is appreciated on here. :D Don't take things so seriously. :D

Why should I not play it? Everyone has to start somewhere. I just don't like wasting money on the 'real mega up to date' version when I can learn just as well and have the majority of the features on an older version.

I bought FM 2006 today for £3. The 2007 was £12. In a few weeks time when 2008 is released many users will be ditching the 2007 they bought 12 month ago in favour of the 2008 which the makers have surprisingly added 'new features and improved' and retails for £15-£40. Hurry up and buy it you don't want to be left out. :D

Have had a quick look at the manual and may take pot luck at a teasm by registering as unemployed. I'll check my PC specifications to see if it will take world wide leagues and I will start from there. The manual does warn against taking over your favourite team in an higher league as the expectations are higher. If I take over a team in the Tonga third division for instance any player brought in from Englands third div couldl be qualility players.

Time to install now. :D Watch out manager Lester El-fandango Doodlebug is set to be a future England manager. :D

I don't think my SOH is appreciated on here. :D Don't take things so seriously. :D

:o You only live once! Splash out my friend ;) You didn't want to buy halo 3 i believe, as in a few months it'll go down. Likewise with 08, i wouldn't want to be playing the oldo ne whilst everyone else is playing the fresh new 2008 version. :unsure:

Just started a Southampton season and they have an feeder club and a parent club. Just wondered if anyone knew how I could go about getting Leicester one of each?

Manager>Board Room>Make board request (bottom left hand corner)

Won all my games except the opening one.

don't matter anyway. As usual the ruddy thing failed. Application error or something. I did add a patch if thats anything to do with it.

Uninstalled an installing again. Why does it happen to me?

I've got it going. I've put myself on the dole but I've waited a month and nobody wants me :angry: I did declare interest at Cobb Rangers (Irish League) but was told that there would be no way they would take anyone on with no experience.

How many leagues/countries do others have. I may have selected too many. The reccomended number for my PC is only 2 countries. No good if searching for players worldwide.

Archived