Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CupidStunt

Nintendo DS - Anyone got one?

Daggers - should I get a DS? I have a PSP but it's shit. I'm thinking a trade-in. I don't care about movies, photos and all the other bollocks the PSP does, I want good games.

Guide me!

You don't need Daggers... You need the Nintendo cleansing that only a Phube can provide!!! ;):D

You don't need Daggers... You need the Nintendo cleansing that only a Phube can provide!!! ;):D

Super. Ok, so if I do go DS which one should I get (isn't there a DS Lite or something) and does it makes a difference?

Also which games are best? I have SNES nostalgia running through my blood...

JTB, my son has a PSP and I have a DS. I never really got on with the PSP but I love my DS. There are more quiz / puzzle games for it than the PSP and it is more fun.

Thank you sir, I'm thinking the DS is the way forward.

Super. Ok, so if I do go DS which one should I get (isn't there a DS Lite or something) and does it makes a difference?

Also which games are best? I have SNES nostalgia running through my blood...

Get a DS Lite, not only is it smaller with a bigger (more comfortable for adult hands) stylus. But the screen is brighter an better.

The DS also has a slot for playing GBA games, so you can play Very SNESy type games via that.

Games wise I'd say:

New Super Mario Bros.

Picross (puzzle)

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Contra 4 (Used to be called Probotector on the SNES)

Mario Kart DS

Tetris DS

Plus many more!

DS Lite and you dont buy games you get a M3 Real card and download the games from here

DS Roms

Ahh, cunning.

Get a DS Lite, not only is it smaller with a bigger (more comfortable for adult hands) stylus. But the screen is brighter an better.

The DS also has a slot for playing GBA games, so you can play Very SNESy type games via that.

Games wise I'd say:

New Super Mario Bros.

Picross (puzzle)

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Contra 4 (Used to be called Probotector on the SNES)

Mario Kart DS

Tetris DS

Plus many more!

Zelda eh? If it's anywhere near as good as Zelda on the SNES I'm there. Mario Kart and Mario Bros - superb!

Daggers - should I get a DS? I have a PSP but it's shit. I'm thinking a trade-in. I don't care about movies, photos and all the other bollocks the PSP does, I want good games.

Guide me!

I got the kids a DS each for Xmas...and (having loved my PSP up to that exact point) found myself looking longingly at them...much like I do to town centre totty when out with the wife.

Only the PSP doesn't punch you in the arm and pour beer over your head.

DS Lite and you dont buy games you get a M3 Real card and download the games from here

DS Roms

And here's the rub JTB - being able to have all my groovy games with me without needing to carry around a Tesco's bag pull of PSP disks.

Only the site I ordered the kids ones from is not replying to any bloody emails and has not sent them (ordered on the 13th). Jim, which Trading Standards officer did you use? :angry:

I got the kids a DS each for Xmas...and (having loved my PSP up to that exact point) found myself looking longingly at them...much like I do to town centre totty when out with the wife.

Only the PSP doesn't punch you in the arm and pour beer over your head.

And here's the rub JTB - being able to have all my groovy games with me without needing to carry around a Tesco's bag pull of PSP disks.

Only the site I ordered the kids ones from is not replying to any bloody emails and has not sent them (ordered on the 13th). Jim, which Trading Standards officer did you use? :angry:

This M3 real card intrigues me.

Do you download ROM's to your PC and then transfer them to the card (which is inserted into the DS) via a USB cable? I'm not particularly technology wise...

Do I need a memory card or something to store the ROM's on?

I checked Amazon and they're charging £40 for the card and rumble pack. Would I need to get a memory stick on top of this?

Thank you!

Just been trying to D/L some games but when I try and open them it says that it is an unknown file, is there a program that I need to download first?

Open them?

1. Download.

2. Unzip using your favourite zip package.

3. Move the *.nds file into the NDS folder you have created on the memory card.

*You need to have a System folder on the mem card with the DS system files in.

Open them?

1. Download.

2. Unzip using your favourite zip package.

3. Move the *.nds file into the NDS folder you have created on the memory card.

*You need to have a System folder on the mem card with the DS system files in.

Ok thanks.

:thumbup:

Sorry Dagovic, only just seen this.

You received the stuff yet?

I'll give you some details otherwise.

Not from them - and "they" haven't answered any email to date or the telephone.

The credit card company have said they'll refund the money after 30 days so I'm going down that route - thanks for the offer.

Oh, and if you speak to Gary soon can you let him know the ticket office were all out for Blackpool (although I guess he already knows).

Not from them - and "they" haven't answered any email to date or the telephone.

The credit card company have said they'll refund the money after 30 days so I'm going down that route - thanks for the offer.

Oh, and if you speak to Gary soon can you let him know the ticket office were all out for Blackpool (although I guess he already knows).

Fo' Sho'!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants a M3DS Rumblepack I have one spare...as the tossers didn't cancel my order.

I've sold one and I'll be putting this on Ebay on Sunday if no one wants it before then.

It's not been out of the pack, contains the M3DS, a USB interface and a rumblepack for the GBA slot.

£32 plus postage. :thumbup:

If anyone wants a M3DS Rumblepack I have one spare...as the tossers didn't cancel my order.

I've sold one and I'll be putting this on Ebay on Sunday if no one wants it before then.

It's not been out of the pack, contains the M3DS, a USB interface and a rumblepack for the GBA slot.

£32 plus postage. :thumbup:

Ignore me.

Archived