Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CupidStunt

Nintendo DS - Anyone got one?

Yep, if you can get hold of one, they then to sell out quick.

As for drag and drop I got my nephew to do it because I'm thick differently knowledged when it come to computers.

And it just gives you all the games as options on the screen or something does it? I'm just curious as I've never really bothered looking at Nintendo stuff before.

Some people obey the law... :whistle:

Do you practice archery on Sunday on common land? Pah! I thought not. :D

Some people do but when free stuff is handed over on a plate that appears to be so easy to use I wonder why anyone does anything else or why security on the software isn't upped a notch or two. Cramming in a verification circuit shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to prevent this kind of thing.

Anyone got one of these handheld consoles?

Was looking into getting one for,erm.....the missus

And on another note,i see its quite easy to play,cough cough...backed up games on them using a Card reader and a micro SD card?

Anyone use this method?,seems easy enough to set up,just wondering if there is any lag in the games,or any games that dont wonk?

Yes, it does work fine.

It's not easy to get hold of the stuff at the moment.

And it just gives you all the games as options on the screen or something does it?

I've got an M3 Real in mine and a 1 gig micro card. It gives you the options of playing DS games, listening to music, playing GBA games, watching movies and using it as a diary. Whay the f anyone would want to do anything with it apart from play games is beyond me. Movies would look crap and its not a music player.

But to answer the question it comes up with the list of games you put on the memory card.

Well i got 2 R4 cart's,and tested one on my friends console,and loaded it up with 50 games or so (you need a 2gb micro SD card for this many games)

They are very easy to use/set up,if anyone needs any help or info,just let me know

This is basically how it works

You buy the R4 for e.g,this is where i bought mine

http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php

This consists of a :-

CARTRIDGE for the DS (replicates a game cart',only it has a slot in it which takes the Micro SD card)

A boot disk,which you dont really need

A usb adapter for your microsd card (you need to buy microSD card separetly,i think 2GB is the maximum it takes)

You get hold of your DS roms (which can be found by google),they come in rar form and need to be unpacked using winrar (usernet is the best place if you have access)

You plug your microsd card into the usb adapter,and plug it into a usb slot

Open the microSD card,and copy 4 files from the disk onto it

_DS_MENU

_DS_MSHL.NDS

_system_

moonshl

These 4 files are the firmware needed to run the roms (the latest is v1.14)

Then you make a new folder to store your games in,so your microSD card should contain the following

_DS_MENU

_DS_MSHL.NDS

_system_

moonshl

My games (you can call this want you want)

Then you need to drag and drop your selected DS games into your game folder

Your games need to be unpacked,they will have a .NDS extension

Note:If they are named funny (sometimes they come like this),you can just rename them to a title you will understand (Its OK to do this,aslong as you keep the .NDS file extension)

Once you have put the games on which you want,just take out the usb adapter,remove the SD card and plug this into your R4 cart'

then just plug your cart into the console,just as you would with any normal game

When it loads,you will see a different menu,navigate to your games folder,and choose a game to load

NOTE:when it asks you to create a SAV file,always click YES

When new games are released,some of them dont load,and the R4 needs a firmare update,this is easy enough,as all you do is earch the net for the latest firmware,and replace the 4 files with the ones you have

(I have written this from memory,as i havent got a DS lite yet)

ME,i just need a damn console...they are sold out everywhere,and can only be bought as a bundle

Anyone got a ds lite for sale???????????

I mug old grannies too!!! :whistle:

Considering that a load of software produced is over-priced tosh, there is an argument to be had that 'sampling' is legitimate if it is short-term and that the software is then deleted and an original version purchased of something you value using.

Just as I am sure that once mugged you return money to the one's you liked.

Considering that a load of software produced is over-priced tosh, there is an argument to be had that 'sampling' is legitimate if it is short-term and that the software is then deleted and an original version purchased of something you value using.

Just as I am sure that once mugged you return money to the one's you liked.

Actually the Wii will soon be a download station for the DS. Both real games and Demo's!

And I never give the money back... :whistle:

Actually the Wii will soon be a download station for the DS. Both real games and Demo's!

And I never give the money back... :whistle:

...and for those of us not wanting to spend £179.99 on a Wii? Can I download one of those somewhere?

How much does a DS lite cost over there?

My GF got one for Chrimbo and I'm contemplating getting one myself, over here they are $129.99 but they seem to be pretty much sold out everywhere right now.

Given the current exchange rate I wouldn't have thought it worth your while buying from the UK.

Get a PSP instead - they're far better. :D

*hides from Phube's outpourings*

lol Not even worth the argument!!

But you might be able to download demos and Games at Wi-Fi Hotspots... McDonalds, Game shops, Airports etc.!

My M3 arrived while we were stuffing Cov.

Today can not get any better.

Well, it could but I have had far far too much to drink.

I can give you alibi's if you want Daggers... No old granny will ever testify!! ;)

Maybe next we can progress to stealing really expensive bikes!!!! :whistle:

I can give you alibi's if you want Daggers... No old granny will ever testify!! ;)

Maybe next we can progress to stealing really expensive bikes!!!! :whistle:

I've not stolen anything.

I'm able to pop all the kids games onto one cartridge so there aren't boxes of stuff to get lost strewn all across the lounge.

I'm a good boy. - I am the last person that could possibly indulge in or promote the theft of intellectual product :cool:

I've found some backups to my kid's games aren't NDS but multi-file.

How does one make these work - otherwise the children will simply have to chance it by playing with their paid for games and that is a recipe for disaster and tears.

That company is run disastrously by one man, who has a number of psuedonyms to make it appear as if he has a distribution officer, stock controller, complaints guy etc etc etc.

Refused to send me stock or give me my money back. Trading standards went to see him and suddenly the amount appeared back in my account.

I think he has occasional stock problems and this is when things go a bit wrong and sadly the service levels just aren't there.

Archived