Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Coventry post match thread

Recommended Posts

Posted
and what is more, this is before they#ve become acclimatised, reached full match fitness or got to know the style, habits and movement of their team mates, same with oakley (tho he should know howard, pretty well...)

as i said elsewhere, IH seems to have picked players that form a whole, that each have a specific place and use, that compliment each other - having the two hungarians start together, given their matching positions is genius, totally takes the pressure off them as individuals, creates this double act feeling...

also, i think taking LZ off, allowing him to get his standing ovation was another astute bit of management, will boost his confidence as well as that of the team.

LZ came off because he'd pull a muscle. He signalled to go off. Hope it's nothing.

Lovely little moment today just after the Stearman / Alnwick mix up. There was an injury, and Howard came over and had a quiet word of encouragement with Stearman. We need that guidance

Posted
Just got back and even though we played brilliantly and we won 2-0 im still pissed off at Stearman. What the fook was he doing leaving that ball for Alnwick. Twat.

Anyways so many more hungarian shaped positives and in Oakley we have a fooking quality player. Roll on Wembley :whistle:

I thought in general Stearman defended pretty well today (with the obvious exception of the incident you've mentioned). He was up against a real battering ram in Dele Adebola but he coped pretty well and didn't let him get the better of him. He's got a lot of stick recently, but credit where credit's due.

Still hoofs it all the fooking time, tho. :angry:

Posted
LZ came off because he'd pull a muscle. He signalled to go off. Hope it's nothing.

Lovely little moment today just after the Stearman / Alnwick mix up. There was an injury, and Howard came over and had a quiet word of encouragement with Stearman. We need that guidance

I thought it looked like cramp from LZ. :dunno:

Posted
LZ came off because he'd pull a muscle. He signalled to go off. Hope it's nothing.

Lovely little moment today just after the Stearman / Alnwick mix up. There was an injury, and Howard came over and had a quiet word of encouragement with Stearman. We need that guidance

Yeah I saw that too. I like Howard and that shows sign of leadership and guidance for the younger ones. How often did we see that with the other senior players in the past. Good on you Howard.

Posted

Just like to look at this ;)

vs QPR (1st January) (3-1 defeat)

Henderson

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Chambers Clemence N'gotty

Hume Fryatt Hayles

vs Coventry City (12th January) (2-0 win)

Alnwick

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Bori Clemence Oakley Zsolt

Hume Howard

Made me smile to see this contrast. Just goes to show what two weeks has done. We were just waiting for January for these reasons.

:D

Posted

We jsut need 2 more wingers as good as the 2 in the line up now and another quality CM and a few more quality defenders and I think we would have a squad capable of pushing for the play offs.

I'm not saying it'll happen this season, but we've got a great base now to build on, we need to keep building though, if a player or 2 gets injured we'll be back to being a poor team.

Posted

How embarrassing was the team sheet read out before the match... God it needs to stop. The poor person couldnt pronounce half of the new signings.

Posted
I thought it looked like cramp from LZ. :dunno:

probably was, but, notwithstanding, it would still have been a really great experience for him today... what was the attendance?

Posted
probably was, but, notwithstanding, it would still have been a really great experience for him today... what was the attendance?

Not sure about the exact figures but it was nothing special

Posted
Play offs i tell thee
It was meant tongue in cheek young man

:)

We said in the pub after the game there'd be one.....

Posted

I'm totally ecstatic!

After listening to John Barber all season and then seeing last week's game I understood why his commentary has been pretty dull - he hasn't exactly had the material to work with. I was totally gutted by our performance at Southampton. Bloody awful.

To hear today's game and read all of the comments on here from people who went to the match it seems like the transfer window has arrived at just the right time to try and get something out of this season (if only stability) and allow Ollie to sort out our totally unbalanced squad.

Now he's got the opportunity it seems like he's got what it takes to form a 'proper' footballing team to get us competing again and maybe even giving the fans some entertainment.

Very pleased with the signings - we haven't really had proper wingers since the days of Lenny Glover and the late, great Keith Weller. Lately we've been just cluttering up the central area with wannabee midfielders and defenders. Now, at last, some real width!

Howard and Hume could be the best strike partnership at this level since the likes of Young and Melrose or Lineker and Smith - and yes, I'm sober!

That said, I'd still like to see James Chambers at right back.

Posted
I'm totally ecstatic!

After listening to John Barber all season and then seeing last week's game I understood why his commentary has been pretty dull - he hasn't exactly had the material to work with. I was totally gutted by our performance at Southampton. Bloody awful.

To hear today's game and read all of the comments on here from people who went to the match it seems like the transfer window has arrived at just the right time to try and get something out of this season (if only stability) and allow Ollie to sort out our totally unbalanced squad.

Now he's got the opportunity it seems like he's got what it takes to form a 'proper' footballing team to get us competing again and maybe even giving the fans some entertainment.

Very pleased with the signings - we haven't really had proper wingers since the days of Lenny Glover and the late, great Keith Weller. Lately we've been just cluttering up the central area with wannabee midfielders and defenders. Now, at last, some real width!

Howard and Hume could be the best strike partnership at this level since the likes of Young and Melrose or Lineker and Smith - and yes, I'm sober!

That said, I'd still like to see James Chambers at right back.

Defensively, Stearman was solid today. Just his distribution needs working on, but as long as he continues to defend well enough, then i'm happy for him to stay there.

Posted

Best home performance since the Watford game, with the added bonus of dragging the sky blues into the relegation mix.

It was a little disjointed at times, but that was to be expected given the number of new arrivals in the side.

I wasn't sure whether Oakley and Clemence could play together, but as the game went on their partnership grew stronger. And the two Hungarians did fantastically well, relishing the occasion and always seeking the ball (how often have we been able to say THAT about City players lately?).

Holloway deserves full credit for assembling this side and producing such an inspired performance from them. The task now is to do so on a regular basis. The games against Norwich and Palace will be important tests.

But today's events have gone a long way to dispelling the doom and gloom which enveloped this board in recent weeks.

Posted
Defensively, Stearman was solid today. Just his distribution needs working on, but as long as he continues to defend well enough, then i'm happy for him to stay there.

...and maybe his concentration?

I haven't seen him as much as you probably have so that's only an observation based on when I have seen him this season LD3

Posted
...and maybe his concentration?

I haven't seen him as much as you probably have so that's only an observation based on when I have seen him this season LD3

Definitely a valid point and he is prone to just losing concentration and/or making the wrong decisions from time to time, but like I say, as long as he defends solidly like he is currently doing I have no complaints.

Apart from the mix-up between him and Alnwick in the first half, that was his fault. :P

Posted
Definitely a valid point and he is prone to just losing concentration and/or making the wrong decisions from time to time, but like I say, as long as he defends solidly like he is currently doing I have no complaints.

Apart from the mix-up between him and Alnwick in the first half, that was his fault. :P

Coventry really should have scored from that... That could of changed the game

Posted

Not only did we win... we did it with some extremely encouraging signs... :)

Those shots on target, attempts and possession levels are very good... if we keep that sort of form up every game, we'll go well on our way to heading up towards the top this season... :D

Not only that though, but once again we played as a team and every game it seems things are more structured and fluid.. which Ollie and the boys have to credited for, because it's a remarkable turnaround to what was happening before Christmas... :)

The new boys Bori, Oakley, Howard, Laczko looked solid and gave the team direction and some real flair, they will keep improving as they get more use to the team and that's only a good thing.

I am not going to say we'll be headed anywhere yet, but it's very promising signs... and great to see us get a win, oh and I got the score right in the prediction league too... :D :D

Posted

Today was fantastic. The best part the second goal - to finish off Covscum fans' hope. I was a bout 10 rows from the top in N Block on the rail next to the away fans. This mouthy twat who looked about 8 kept laughing at me all the way through the game - fook knows why :S

But yeah good game, more of the same is needed.

Posted

Now we can see what Olly is aiming at!

A great game and balanced performance, but Cov are not that hot and teams will work us out.

Lets keep giving Olly our support as well as Milan and the lads, at last we have turned the corner.

Well done today to everyone.

MILAN

OLLY

THE PLAYERS

THE FANS

The Fear of Failure just departed, the WINNING part has just begun!!!

Posted

I just hope we go on from this win with another win, then another win, followed by another win, then 3 more wins.

If we can win 16-18 of the remaining 19 Championship games we should win The Championship.

Around 12-15 wins out of 19 to reach the play offs.

Its still possible you know

;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...