Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Coventry post match thread

Recommended Posts

Posted
I just hope we go on from this win with another win, then another win, followed by another win, then 3 more wins.

If we can win 16-18 of the remaining 19 Championship games we should win The Championship.

Around 12-15 wins out of 19 to reach the play offs.

Its still possible you know

;)

Steady on! :D

Posted
I just hope we go on from this win with another win, then another win, followed by another win, then 3 more wins.

If we can win 16-18 of the remaining 19 Championship games we should win The Championship.

Around 12-15 wins out of 19 to reach the play offs.

Its still possible you know

;)

19 out of 19 and we'd still be struggling to get automatic promotion. 85 points last season.

15 minimum to reach the play-offs. 75 points last 2 seasons.

We can still dream though ;)

Posted
19 out of 19 and we'd still be struggling to get automatic promotion. 85 points last season.

15 minimum to reach the play-offs. 75 points last 2 seasons.

We can still dream though ;)

Yes we can dream but this season its a lot tighter.

If we won all our remaining games the leaders would have to score around 2 points a game for the rest of the season.

So far West Brom have 1.85 points per game and they would have to continue their form.

If we win all our remaining games we would score an average of 1.89 per game.

Also the play off sides have a lot less points this season than last, its so much tighter.

13 or 14 wins should be enough, if results went our way 12 wins may scrape it.

Yes im back to play off talk after just 1 win :D And still only 3 points above the drop zone.

After the show today i believe we have more chance of the play offs than to go down though.

Posted
Just got back in.

I thought it was a 5.15 kick off.

Unbelievable.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

You didn't miss much don't worry

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Man im harsh. i guess your joking though? :dunno:

Posted
Just got back in.

I thought it was a 5.15 kick off.

Unbelievable.

To Hull and Back = To Hell and Back for then! Should we be laughing or cry with laughter.

Today has been, without question, my best ****ing day of 2008.

Unbeaten at home in 2008!

Posted

Holloway demands overall balance January 12 2008

Ian Holloway was quick to highlight the importance of a balanced team after his new-look Leicester side overcame Midlands rivals Coventry 2-0 at the Walkers Stadium.

The Foxes boss, who labelled his inherited squad 'horrendously unbalanced' when he took the job in November, had endured a frustrating tenure after having to deploy players out of position for his previous 11 games at the helm.

But Holloway has been busy in the transfer marked this month, stamping his mark on the club by signing six players and all of them were included in his squad against the Sky Blues.

Steve Howard and Barry Hayles, Holloway's first acquisitions on January 1, marked their home debuts with a goal apiece to seal Leicester's first win of 2008.

Holloway made four signings in the week leading up to the game with goalkeeper Ben Alnwick, Hungarian wingers Zsolt Laczko and Gabor Bori and midfielder Matt Oakley - who only arrived from Derby yesterday -

all going straight into the starting XI.

The Leicester boss said: "It just goes to show that balance in the team and playing people in the right places can make a huge difference.

"It was a lot of new players to put into the team in one go, but to be honest I had to do it. If things don't change then they stay the same. I needed to make changes but I had to get them right.

"I had a centre midfielder who was right-footed and the other was left-footed. I had a left winger with a left foot and a right winger with a right foot.

"Football is very simple but I have had nowhere near enough options for a club of this size.

"We looked like we could attack and we looked like we could score from open play.

"I am pleased with the Hungarians. One of them hardly speaks any English and the other (Laczko) got a standing ovation when he left the pitch, which is remarkable as he has not played for three weeks."

However, Holloway insists that this is just the beginning of his overhaul and he plans to add more players to the squad this month.

"We still have lots of work to do but it isn't a bad start for the new lads.

"I am very pleased for Steve (Howard) and Barry (Hayles). It is nice for both of them to score on their home debuts. It get's that monkey off their backs.

"But am I pleased with it (the squad) yet? No I am not. I have still got a humdinger of a mess on the training ground to sort out. "Player's futures hang in the balance and I have got to sort it out and let players go. I need to do that before I add any more.

"I need to add and create competition now in certain positions, and then once we have that we will be rocking and rolling.

"A week is a long time in football and this next week is going to be a very long time for everybody.

"We have got to do a microwave pre-season with these boys, and when some more arrive, so they understand exactly what I am talking about."

Holloway revealed he expects to sign Aston Villa's Isaiah Osbourne on loan at the start of next week, and he will also be in the market for a left-back.

Iain Dowie apologised to Coventry supporters for his side's 'abject' performance - just a week after they dumped Blackburn out of the FA Cup at Ewood Park.

The Sky Blues boss revealed that he hoped to remedy the problem with some fresh faces of his own ahead of next week's game.

"That was a very poor display," said Dowie. "It was abject and a million miles below par.

"We have let a fantastic travelling support down badly and I would like to say sorry to them for that.

"They came here in their numbers expecting a performance against our local rivals and we had no guile and no craft.

"Leicester have been able to do a lot of business, and we need some new faces too. Hopefully this week that will happen.

"We definitely need at least a goalkeeper as Andy Marshall will be out for around four weeks with his back problem and that just leaves us with Dimi (Konstantopoulos)."

Posted
:scarf::scarf: played quality

zolts or however u spell it played wicked

Well impressed..he looks and plays like a young Robbie Savage only with a lot more ability and no attitude....what a find..Ollie I love you! xx

Posted

lol

I am still laughing at Derby for (in a manner) swapping an old and crap Savage for Oakley.

I think come the end of the season I'll still laugh at this signing. I don't know how we did it, and how it was done at such a price, but I'll echo Fez's sentiments of earlier - thanks Milan :thumbup::scarf:

Posted
lol

I am still laughing at Derby for (in a manner) swapping an old and crap Savage for Oakley.

I think come the end of the season I'll still laugh at this signing. I don't know how we did it, and how it was done at such a price, but I'll echo Fez's sentiments of earlier - thanks Milan :thumbup::scarf:

Derby are absolutely skint aren't they? :unsure: It will go down as an awful bit of business on their part-they are after all relegated-but I feel the only way they could change things at Pride Park was by doing this.

Oakley has been Derby's most consistent player this season but he wasn't setting the Prem alight so the manager has gambled on Savage!

At least we'll see Savage down here next season I can't for the life of me think why he chose Derby :unsure:

Posted
"But am I pleased with it (the squad) yet? No I am not. I have still got a humdinger of a mess on the training ground to sort out. "Player's futures hang in the balance and I have got to sort it out and let players go. I need to do that before I add any more.

"I need to add and create competition now in certain positions, and then once we have that we will be rocking and rolling.

"A week is a long time in football and this next week is going to be a very long time for everybody.

"We have got to do a microwave pre-season with these boys, and when some more arrive, so they understand exactly what I am talking about."

Holloway revealed he expects to sign Aston Villa's Isaiah Osbourne on loan at the start of next week, and he will also be in the market for a left-back.

Hallelujah

Posted

FANTASTIC!!! :D I'm sooooo glad that I was there! :)

We looked stronger and more determined... and that made the fans more excitable which only added to the teams confidence and it all came together perfectly! :D

If we can keep that kind of form up for the rest of the season then we could quite easily be looking at a top 6 finish! :D

My heart bleeds for you...

Flannels have hearts? :unsure:

Posted

It's quite late and I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to do this so I'll keep this brief...

Easily the best we've played since Watford (and arguably we were better here in terms of performance).

Pace, movement, options, chances. We had this all in abundance today. In particular I'll single out Oakley and Lackzo (who looks like he has the potential to be something a bit special) as ,aking a real difference to the midfield, but everyone played their part. If we can build on this then there is the nucleus of a decent side there, and a side capable of doing some damage. Now we need to start putting results together to move us up the table. I hope no-one gets carried away and starts talking of the play-offs cause I seriously doubt it will happen but the signs are there that come the end of the season, we shouldn't be sitting where we are in the table now.

Posted
Reasons to be cheerful are........endless.

Everyone knew what a good signing Matt Oakley was and how he showed it.

Oakley was the catalyst for a brave new dawn.

You could talk about him all night but twice in particular he won possession, saw nothing on in front of him, but instead of hoofing the ball hopefully into nowhere or passing the buck pointlessly he turned, waited for support and then launched an attack.

He was always available to make life easier for others, he gave Clemence the option and confidence to get forward, he supported attacks himself and he moved the ball in all directions.

Laczko wasn't far behind.

Proper winger. Stayed wide and gave us space. Controlled the ball quickly, balanced his variety of passes, generally moved the ball on quickly but still took lots of opportunities to take people on. Had his share of shots, got crosses in and stayed on the move making him difficult to mark without costing us shape.

As a bonus he showed himself able to win a few headers and strong enough/brave enough for English football. I don't think it was a one off. He looked like a proper player to me, someone who knew the requirements of his position and had the ability to deliver.

How the midfield benefitted from having a range of options. Clemence had by far his best game to date because there were passes to either side of him and targets to the front. Suddenly he looked like a guy who was enjoying his football again.

Hume relished being back up front and had lots of shots, Howard got the goal you also hope for from a genuine target man, Bori slipped in quite well and showed that he too is nothing like the duffers we have employed in the right wing position.

How good he'll prove I don't know. But he maintained the width, made himself available, delivered decent crosses, linked the play and had a shot or two. Perfectly decent debuit and I'm encouraged.

Suddenly we looked like we had a balanced football team again with a bit of pace and energy who looked as if they could take on most if not all teams in this division and certainly offered something to build on.

Da da-da-da, da-da-da, da-da-da-da-da-da, da.....

Good post. The only things I would add to this was the movement of the players that for once there were options players running into space or dragging defenders out to create space. Some great moments of pass and play, at one point we put togeather what seemed like 30 passes .... cant remember that for a long time.

The main hope I have is that we played really well but with a team that has been assmbled in the last week and have had little time to practice and gel as a unit, considering this we were excellent today. I am interested to see what this side can deliver after they have trained together for a while.

The future looks brighter than it did two weeks ago!!!

Posted
How embarrassing was the team sheet read out before the match... God it needs to stop. The poor person couldnt pronounce half of the new signings.

I cringe every time, I'll admit the Birch gets tedious but i'd rather he read the teamsheet, on occasions when he has done it, it has create some sort of atmosphere, hairs on the back of your neck standing up, but with the fans reading it, it just doesn't work!

probably was, but, notwithstanding, it would still have been a really great experience for him today... what was the attendance?

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, a strain or cramp if you have substitution's left you may aswell use them, I'd have also took Stearman off when he went down towards the end (Think we still had subs availiable) - TBF I'd have took Stearman off in the 1st half, Stearman - The only player I have a bad word to say about today.

Just got back in.

I thought it was a 5.15 kick off.

Unbelievable.

:crylaugh:

Sorry but it is funny. All the games you could have thought were 5.15 K/O's and you picked this one! :doh:

Today has been, without question, my best ****ing day of 2008.

Yep certainly has. :D

Posted

Yes, the team sheet read out is a joke.

One more thing though, Chelsea Dagger before kick off as well?

:doh:

Posted
Yes, the team sheet read out is a joke.

One more thing though, Chelsea Dagger before kick off as well?

:doh:

You think Chelsea Dagger is better than Robbie Williams?

Posted
You think Chelsea Dagger is better than Robbie Williams?

I think having no music is better than anything 5 minutes before kick off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...