Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
christoff542

PES 2008

If only I had live :cry:

Played one of my mates earlier who thinks he is Mr. Pro evo, I was spain he was Man u. He took the lead, then Torres equalised 87th minute game went to extra time. I took the lead just before h/t thorough Villa (cue unbelievable celebrations, running round the room etc.) but then focus till the end and dont concede which i didn't. Great win. Even had to adapt to playing on a ps2 and when your so used to the 360 it is tricky.

What a game!! :scarf:

It's absloutley shite on Live anyway. The lag makes it a totally different game, you can't see where the other player is dribbling because of the slow dow, I've had my whole defense just literally freeze on three of four seperate occasions, the camera just randomly swoops up the other end of the pitch at times. It's just awfull.

Thats all if you can get a game in the first place, once you've won a few it takes forever to find someone to play as no one will go near you (they have the right to reject you entering their game, and obviously if your hosting they just wont join) half the time it doesn't connect properly anyway.

Oh and theres no Extra time online :blink:

This is all Xbox Live as well I've heard horror stories about the online service on the PS3.

It's absloutley shite on Live anyway. The lag makes it a totally different game, you can't see where the other player is dribbling because of the slow dow, I've had my whole defense just literally freeze on three of four seperate occasions, the camera just randomly swoops up the other end of the pitch at times. It's just awfull.

Thats all if you can get a game in the first place, once you've won a few it takes forever to find someone to play as no one will go near you (they have the right to reject you entering their game, and obviously if your hosting they just wont join) half the time it doesn't connect properly anyway.

Oh and theres no Extra time online :blink:

This is all Xbox Live as well I've heard horror stories about the online service on the PS3.

It's not as bad as that on the PS3 now. I played it online for the first time in about 3 months the other day and it's improved quite a bit. It's actually possible to tackle and head now. And we get extra time :P

It's not as bad as that on the PS3 now. I played it online for the first time in about 3 months the other day and it's improved quite a bit. It's actually possible to tackle and head now. And we get extra time :P

:giggle: It's always been possible on the Xbox, it's just made infuriating difficult at times.

I think you do get extra time just not in the ranking matches.

I'm Panathanaikos on Master League aand am slowly getting back into PES on 360, after my brother bought FIFA 08 (which, I'm sorry to say, I do think is the superior game).

Anyway, my current line-up is:

GK - Oscar Ustari

LB - Christian Zaccardo

CB - Luisao

CB - Pepe

RB - Pablo Ibanez

LW - Silva

CM - Siortoris Ninis (One of the best players on the game in the future)

CM - Rio Mavuba

RW - David Odonkor

ST - Halil Altintop

ST - Nihat (leathal set pieces)

Pretty tasty.

• 1 month later...

Im still on the PS2 and Barcelona are a cheat team, literally shoot from anywhere and your bound to score.

I play with either Athletico Madrid or Bayern if my mate picks Barca

He normally picks West Ham tho (being a hammer) so i tend to play with Lyon for Benzema.

• 2 months later...

OK i'm new to PES as i have always been a FIFA man however, i have been given a copy for free and wondered if there is a quick and easy way to set up all the names properly?

I have looked through a few other topics but cant find anything specific to this...

Any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

OK i'm new to PES as i have always been a FIFA man however, i have been given a copy for free and wondered if there is a quick and easy way to set up all the names properly?

I have looked through a few other topics but cant find anything specific to this...

Any help would be appreciated :thumbup:

Edit mode?

IF your copy is on ps2 you can buy the update for it off ebay.

PES is better than Fifa. FACT!

Edit mode?

IF your copy is on ps2 you can buy the update for it off ebay.

PES is better than Fifa. FACT!

I'm on PS3 so i guess i will have to go through the edit mode, i was just hoping for a lazier way....... (yes i am that lazy)

I'm on PS3 so i guess i will have to go through the edit mode, i was just hoping for a lazier way....... (yes i am that lazy)

Ebay also has updates for the ps3 and 360, search it on there. Hope this helps ^_^

Signed me have you?

Yeah, I said it.

I ried to get Kezman just for you but he wouldn't come.

But i've signed Boruc, Micah Richards, Ashley Cole, Micheal Owen, Vincent Kompany, Carlos Tevez, Ronaldinho and then some young winger from Gala or Fener.

I ried to get Kezman just for you but he wouldn't come.

But i've signed Boruc, Micah Richards, Ashley Cole, Micheal Owen, Vincent Kompany, Carlos Tevez, Ronaldinho and then some young winger from Gala or Fener.

Arda Turan I imagine.

Pretty decent.

But you still need Semih Senturk.

Normal games against mates its all about PSV .. Farfans an animal ..!

Online it tends to be England Because Gerrard can shoot from anywhere and work the keeper ..

As for master league .. Made my own team .. 2nd season currently looks like ..

............. Ventura .............

Richards Terry Puyol Wendt

Dotan JSpark NE A. young

........Farfan Agbonlahor...

If you want a finisher on 360 .. regardless of Arrow rating .. Agbonlahors immense.

Pace King.

oh for the record .. Fifa's absolutely shite.

Who you got in the team?

Rensing

Marcelo

Luisao

Metzelder

Nelson

Odonkor

Van Der Vaart

Silva

Rosina

Nihat

Saviola

BENCH:

Ustari

Ventura

Nelson

Mensah

Agger

Aquilani

Marcelo Mattos

Ninis

Halil Altintop

Walcott

Petric

I know this is about teams but I had to let it out, Dida is a cabbage on this game, he has a mind of his own.

Just like in real life. :cool:

Rensing

Marcelo

Luisao

Metzelder

Nelson

Odonkor

Van Der Vaart

Silva

Rosina

Nihat

Saviola

BENCH:

Ustari

Ventura

Nelson

Mensah

Agger

Aquilani

Marcelo Mattos

Ninis

Halil Altintop

Walcott

Petric

Who woulda thought it, you and Nihat :D

I nearly put the controller through the tele earlier, I brought him out cause it was a one on one, he won the tackle and then without me pressing owt he decided he wanted to pass the ball back to the striker he had just tackled and he placed it into an empty net :frusty:

Archived