Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

That's OK I know what you mean.

Ought to start eating more I think despite being a fair weight. Went out at lunch time got a few yards and had a dizzy spell/ Actually felt faint. had to steady myself and take a few breaths. Whether it was lack of nourishment or old age I don't know but I had a dinner before going to my writers group in the Age Concern cafe. Beef Wellington. Very nice. Trying to save money.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made myself a superb dinner.

Sausages, beans, 2 fried eggs and, the crowning glory, my sautéed potatoes.

Peel potatoes, slice them into 8-10mm thick discs, par-boil for 8 mins. Drain in colander and allow to steam for a bit. Heat pan of olive oil, add potatoes and sprinkle with salt, lots of black pepper and some paprika. Turn half way, adding more oil as needed. Cook until crisp on both sides (approx 8 mins in total).

:banana:

Edited by BornBlue

Just made myself a superb dinner.

Sausages, beans, 2 fried eggs and, the crowning glory, my sautéed potatoes.

Peel potatoes, slice them into 8mm thick discs, par-boil for 8 mins. Drain in colander and allow to steam for a bit. Heat pan of olive oil, add potatoes and sprinkle with salt, lots of black pepper and some paprika. Turn half way, adding more oil as needed. Cook until crisp on both sides (approx 8 mins in total).

:banana:

Isn't that just round chips?

• 5 weeks later...

Sausage and mash £1 from Herons. Probably need 2 but I have snacks like sandwiches and biscuits during the day which keep me going.

I know you've mentioned in other threads that money can often be tight and you've had problems with work/jobseekers and what not. Also seen you post about having ready meals quite a lot. Just curious why you don't cook stuff yourself. You can get 8 sausages for like £1.50ish, a bag of potatoes for £1, Peas for £1, Gravy granules for £1. You'd need to buy more sausages but the rest of the stuff would last for ages, I'm sure you'd get more for your money, especially if you're paying more than a £1 for ready meals regularly. Same with other stuff like pasta which often comes in ready meals as well. Plus it'd more than likely be much healthier.

Yopu could be right. One drawback my cooking facilities are limited. No cooker. Not so much I can't use one. Only place I can put one is under the smoke alarm and a fried egg would set yhe alarms off for the whole house. Been using a microwave for a few years. I do have an hotplate with rings a slow cooker and an electric wok but space is limited when using them. Add to that I'm a bit of a lazy old bastard and do things at the last minute. The microwave meals do as inbetween snacks as I do stews and do as you said sometimes but its mainly all microwave.

Jus

t had brussel pate on toast.

Edited by Nightguard