Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

• 4 weeks later...

Had a chicken Badam earlier. Top curry it was. Not often a big fan of the mild and creamy ones but this was my favourite curry for nigh on two years. Cashew badam though, not almonds.

Also had some drumstick squashies earlier, they're good.

Had steak blue last night

Tried it once when in Majorca after a friend ordered a "rare" steak forgetting that rare means literally 30 seconds on the heat and was put off by how bizarre uncooked meat felt when eating it

Anyway I cooked myself rump steak last night and I usually overdo it by accident and I hate tough steak. I badly underestimated this time and it was purple all the way through when eating it - not even warm enough to get the juices going in the meat. But it was delicious and soft as anything

Had steak blue last night

Tried it once when in Majorca after a friend ordered a "rare" steak forgetting that rare means literally 30 seconds on the heat and was put off by how bizarre uncooked meat felt when eating it

Anyway I cooked myself rump steak last night and I usually overdo it by accident and I hate tough steak. I badly underestimated this time and it was purple all the way through when eating it - not even warm enough to get the juices going in the meat. But it was delicious and soft as anything

What kind of steak? I find I can't cook anything other than fillet without it being either virtually raw or dry and overcooked. Restaurant steaks are cooked on an open griddle and that seems to make all the difference.

Parafox - it was a rump steak. I did everything the experts said - leave it out the fridge for an hour before cooking, season with chunky sea salt and pepper just before cooking, leave to stand a couple of minutes before eating, no pressing during cooking. It was delicious but I think another minute would have cooked it through to "rare" without making it tough

I finally mastered the jacket potato last night. No foil, one hour at 180 degrees, then whack it up to 220 degrees for the last 25 minutes. Skin was proper crispy and insides nice and fluffy. I had it with butter, pepper, green pesto and smoked cheddar and it was one of the greatest potatoes I've ever had

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...