Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

First single/album/cd/mp3 etc you ever bought.

I'm holding a minute of silence to shed a tear for all of you poor souls that had to grow up in that masterful musical era called the Nineties.

My condolences.

2Unlimited/Ace Of Base/Haddaway/DJ Bobo/Captain Jack/Aqua/Culture Beat*, anyone?

*Enter any musical "artist" from that period at your own risk

I'm holding a minute of silence to shed a tear for all of you poor souls that had to grow up in that masterful musical era called the Nineties.

My condolences.

2Unlimited/Ace Of Base/Haddaway/DJ Bobo/Captain Jack/Aqua/Culture Beat*, anyone?

:crylaugh: I actually had the aqua album! Oh the shame, I was about 9 though.

I'll add the

brilliant! :giggle:

First single I got was London Calling by The Clash along with Brass In Pocket by the Pretenders

I think the first album was In Through The Out Door by Led Zep because it had a water colour thing in the inner sleeve to do.

Before that my Granny had bought me The Magic Roundabout and Buxton The Blue Cat. Buxton was a right nasty cat and very blue. Loads of sickly hippy tunes sung by Florence and Dillon on that piece of plastic. Probably why I hate cats and hippies.

First single I got was London Calling by The Clash along with Brass In Pocket by the Pretenders

I refuse to believe that the first two songs you purchased were such timeless classics surely you had picked up a copy of The Village Peoples YMCA the summer before? :P

My condolences.

Yep remember all those and had various songs by them, but to be fair i was like 11 or 12 when they were at their peak so i can be excused for not knowing anything about music then! :P

Dont really recall Captain Jack, and wasnt DJ Bobo another of those people you saw in the European Top 20 all the time on the Sky channels back in the day! lol

2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This

Haddaway - What Is Love

I refuse to believe that the first two songs you purchased were such timeless classics surely you had picked up a copy of The Village Peoples YMCA the summer before? :P

Honest! I did buy the Sugerhill Gang Rap thing at the same time but I would never admit it to anyone.

Thats practically brand new compared to some on here? lol

How old are you? hehe :P

18, and that came out in 2000, so I was 10. Just liked the song (and Kylie as well :wub: ) so it was a great choice. Haven't listened to it for about six years though :laugh:

Travis 0-Why does it always rain on me on tape the same day i bough t tghe ma n who and Knocking on heavens door the dub;ajne charity singel

First albums where Limp Bizkit - (the one before chocolare stafishO and Hybris theory.

:cool:

Translated into sober speak this means the first single i bought was Travis - Why Does It Always Rain On Me and Knocking On Heaven's Door (the Dunblaine charity single) on the same day that i was bought the Travis album The Man Who. These were all on cassette.

The first albums i bought were Limp Bizkit (the one before Chocolate Starfish) and Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory on CD from Tesco at 2 for a tenner.

The first CD single i bought was Less Than Jake - Gainsville Rock City.

The first Vinyl i bought was The Kooks - You Don't Love Me. I only have 2 vinyl records and the other one is The Pippettes - Pull Shapes. Both signed.

18, and that came out in 2000, so I was 10. Just liked the song (and Kylie as well :wub: ) so it was a great choice. Haven't listened to it for about six years though :laugh:

I feel so old at 28! lol

Actually only feels like that song was still fairly recent. Didnt realise it was 8 years ago now! :blink:

East 17, or maybe Haddaway, could have even been a Simpson rap? I honestly can't remember.

I used to have their first 3 albums when i was like 15 or something!

Im so ashamed! :o

"Everybody in the house of love, Hey

Everybody in the house of love, hey,

One Love, one God,

Everybody in the house of love"!

:giggle:

Oh to be 12 again! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Wings - Mull of Kintyre

Embarrassingly it's still one of my faves today. We're all allowed a guilty pleasure, aren't we :dunno:

Was my brother's too - wasn't the B-side "Girlschool"? By far my favourite side if it was.

Archived