Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

First single/album/cd/mp3 etc you ever bought.

Unfortunately for me, as a very young man no one had the heart to tell me I had a girl's music taste.

Hence:

First Album (on cassette) Are You Ready? - Bucks Fizz

First Single - I'm Your Man - Wham

I didn't buy a lot of music in my early years, getting as I did 10 pence pocket money a week, which didn't go very far even then. I think my next long playing cassettes were Musical Youth and Howard Jones, and possibly the BBC soundtrack to Fame, which was a bit rum as I didn't really like the programme that much.

I'm so old I remember when Argos was on East Street (where Dunelm is) and used to sell records and tapes. I remember when all this was just fields etc

Unfortunately for me, as a very young man no one had the heart to tell me I had a girl's music taste.

Hence:

I didn't buy a lot of music in my early years, getting as I did 10 pence pocket money a week, which didn't go very far even then. I think my next long playing cassettes were Musical Youth and Howard Jones, and possibly the BBC soundtrack to Fame, which was a bit rum as I didn't really like the programme that much.

I'm so old I remember when Argos was on East Street (where Dunelm is) and used to sell records and tapes. I remember when all this was just fields etc

I heard violins playing as I read that post. Is this a new feature on Foxestalk? :giggle:

Hence:

You fcuking gaylord :P !

P.S I remember me and my buddies having a craze for buying SA90 TDK Crome tapes...i bet you remember all that shit too eh???

OLD GIT! :unsure:

You fcuking gaylord :P !

P.S I remember me and my buddies having a craze for buying SA90 TDK Crome tapes...i bet you remember all that shit too eh???

OLD GIT! :unsure:

Of course I bloody do. Eventually I even had a tape deck where they made a difference. How I poured scorn on my ignorant compatriots buying their lowly TDK FE90s

Of course I bloody do. Eventually I even had a tape deck where they made a difference. How I poured scorn on my ignorant compatriots buying their lowly TDK FE90s

:crylaugh:

Oh Youth eh...Where do the years go!!!!??? :(

Not sure, I used to buy 10 singles for a £1. I remember some of the first ones were:-

STEVIE WONDER - FUN DAY

STONE ROSES - FOOLS GOLD

THE BIG DISH - 25 YEARS

All around 1990.

Always amazed by people who remember exactly which single they bought first.

I can remember the first CD single I ever bought - Prodigy - No Good (Start the Dance)

Can't remember any singles before that to be honest, I was much more an album kinda kid

I can remember the first CD single I ever bought - Prodigy - No Good (Start the Dance)

Can't remember any singles before that to be honest, I was much more an album kinda kid

Tuuuuuuuuuune!!!! :thumbup:

The first 7" I ever bought was Axel F the theme tune to Beverly Hills Cop. I still have it now. I have no regrets in this matter.

The second 7" was Paul Hardcastle '19'

My first Album was Madonna True Blue

Second Album was Five Star.

Third was Pet Shop Boys - Actually.

Fourth was - The Cure

Fifth was - Metallica

N.

The first 7" I ever bought was Axel F the theme tune to Beverly Hills Cop. I still have it now. I have no regrets in this matter.

Fourth was - The Cure

Fifth was - Metallica

N.

Axel F :clap:

N N N N nineteen Nineteen!!! :scarf:

5 Star :thumbup:

R.

Fourth was - The Cure

Fifth was - Metallica

N.

Why am I forming the impression that you have all of these written down in a notebook?

Babylon 5 was a TV programme, I think the band were Babylon Zoo.

yeah it was and the song had like 10 seconds of a good tune at the start that was used on a Levis advert but the rest of the song was total rubbish!!

I remember at the time the bloke from Babylon Zoo was going on about how he was the greatest musician of all time :giggle:

Travis 0-Why does it always rain on me on tape the same day i bough t tghe ma n who and Knocking on heavens door the dub;ajne charity singel

First albums where Limp Bizkit - (the one before chocolare stafishO and Hybris theory.

:cool:

• 1 month later...

Archived