Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

How does everyone else cope with the nipple chafing? My tits are on fire!

I don't have this problem, however I understand that plasters or tape applied over the area before running, or vaseline can prevent chafing.

How does everyone else cope with the nipple chafing? My tits are on fire!

Wear a bra? :thumbup:

Oh Lisa........ didnt get a response from the Brother in Law about the low blood pressure thing........ I forgot to mention he was a total Penis before. :rolleyes: Did think hed give me an answer though. Tosser! :angry:

Wear a bra? :thumbup:

Oh Lisa........ didnt get a response from the Brother in Law about the low blood pressure thing........ I forgot to mention he was a total Penis before. :rolleyes: Did think hed give me an answer though. Tosser! :angry:

Don't worry about it. I'm enjoying being able to run quicker!!

Found a much better route and a tasty hidden park not far from me. According to mapmyrun.com its a half mile but i think it may be a bit less than that. It was difficult to map it properly as the park wasn't marked on the site's map. I did 6 laps of said park and after 1 my chest felt like it was burning, still does a little. Thinking the red bull before the run was a bad idea.

Still i doubled my run time and distance. Much prefered doing the laps because in the middle of each lap i swear that this one will be the last, only to get to the end of the lap and decide one more wouldn't hurt and kick on. Much better for my running mentality.

My haunted iPod did itself proud again and im quite enjoying these runs, especially with today's perfect weather. Plus my legs are nowhere near as painful as after Monday's run. My arms on the other hand feel like led, my nipples are on fire and my hair is a mess.

Decided i shall document every run in here as well as on mapmyrun.com which i really like. Need to find someway of bringing water with me so that i can drink on the way round, im fooking parched. The self dehydration from last night wouldn't have helped either.

Bring on the half marathon.

Total Run Length: 3.8miles

Total Run Time: 30 mins.

Happy with that.

I don't have this problem, however I understand that plasters or tape applied over the area before running, or vaseline can prevent chafing.

I've enquired about tit tape.

My haunted iPod did itself proud again and im quite enjoying these runs, especially with today's perfect weather. Plus my legs are nowhere near as painful as after Monday's run. My arms on the other hand feel like led, my nipples are on fire and my hair is a mess.

:crylaugh:

Did you have an audience? I bet you would love that!

Tis why i limited my laps to 6 (plus i was dying). No one should see my hair in this state.

If you were to ever see the pics of me at the end of the marathon, which you won't, you will see I look like a right mess.

My ankle is shagged. I am trying the old tubigrip stuff in the vain hope compression will work, and will go into town on me bike, but this is really pissing me off now.

So, it happened to me this morning...

...Got a call from my running buddy at about 10:30 last night telling me there was a 5k nearby this morning. We ran yesterday in the evening, but whatever, I felt great so I decided we should give this one a go. Small race, maybe 100 runners. I get off to a great start and I'm flying--it's a hilly course but I feel like I'm gonna beat my best time (21:37) and I'm going to finish top 5 overall in men. About 4k in, there's nobody around me, and I see volunteer fireman sleeping standing up leaning on the back of his truck. There's no sign, so I keep going straight... until I get the feeling that I might not be going on the right path. That feeling is confirmed when I find myself back on the race course where I was a few minutes ago, and I have to do that stretch again :mad:. So I wind up crossing the line at about 26:00, but not before give that lazy fook fireman an earful.

Oh, well. I was joking to a few runners afterwards that I did both the 5k and the 1-mile fun run! My friend did it in about 23:00, finished 2nd overall women, got a trophy and a $25 gift card, leaving me with some serious prize envy :P.

So, it happened to me this morning...

...Got a call from my running buddy at about 10:30 last night telling me there was a 5k nearby this morning. We ran yesterday in the evening, but whatever, I felt great so I decided we should give this one a go. Small race, maybe 100 runners. I get off to a great start and I'm flying--it's a hilly course but I feel like I'm gonna beat my best time (21:37) and I'm going to finish top 5 overall in men. About 4k in, there's nobody around me, and I see volunteer fireman sleeping standing up leaning on the back of his truck. There's no sign, so I keep going straight... until I get the feeling that I might not be going on the right path. That feeling is confirmed when I find myself back on the race course where I was a few minutes ago, and I have to do that stretch again :mad:. So I wind up crossing the line at about 26:00, but not before give that lazy fook fireman an earful.

Oh, well. I was joking to a few runners afterwards that I did both the 5k and the 1-mile fun run! My friend did it in about 23:00, finished 2nd overall women, got a trophy and a $25 gift card, leaving me with some serious prize envy :P.

Hahaha unlunky mate!

Did a steady 10km on Saturday in just under an hour. Need to get some of those under my belt and aim for sub 50 minutes if I'm going to get round Windsor in under 2 hours.

Windsor crew - try doing some hill work, the course there is pretty undulating. The hill after about 8 miles made me want to cry.

Did a 6.5 miler today, not bad considering my hangover. Bout 1h10 so not particularly fast but acceptable considering I'm just getting back to fitness.

I'm still having trouble signing up for Windsor, it won't accept my card for some reason, will have to see if there's a manual way of signing up (i.e. not online)

Did a steady 10km on Saturday in just under an hour. Need to get some of those under my belt and aim for sub 50 minutes if I'm going to get round Windsor in under 2 hours.

No you don't. I have never run a sub-50min 10k, but I have run a sub-2hr half marathon. It's all about maintaining a steady pace, and you are almost there.

Did you see that they hve changed the course at windsor this yr? Apparently not as bad!

That comment was there last year so I'm pretty sure the course will be the same. It's not ridiculously hilly but it has its moments and I felt like I suffered a bit for doing all my training on flat courses.

No you don't. I have never run a sub-50min 10k, but I have run a sub-2hr half marathon. It's all about maintaining a steady pace, and you are almost there.

Fair enough. I'd like to go sub 50 minutes as a personal goal but yeah I guess you're right in that my pace overall is getting there for doing a sub 2 hour half. I want to vary my training more this year, doing interval training and stuff like that to improve my speed.

Fair enough. I'd like to go sub 50 minutes as a personal goal but yeah I guess you're right in that my pace overall is getting there for doing a sub 2 hour half. I want to vary my training more this year, doing interval training and stuff like that to improve my speed.

Setting yourself challenges is good, it gives you something to aim for. I want to get as close to 1hr 45 as possible, so I have to be able to regularly run sub-50min 10k >_< I did do my first 50m 10k the other week, but until this week is out of the way along with my exams, I think I shall give the running a miss for a few days.

Intervals and hill training does do wonders for your overall running :thumbup:

Setting yourself challenges is good, it gives you something to aim for. I want to get as close to 1hr 45 as possible, so I have to be able to regularly run sub-50min 10k >_< I did do my first 50m 10k the other week, but until this week is out of the way along with my exams, I think I shall give the running a miss for a few days.

Intervals and hill training does do wonders for your overall running :thumbup:

I neglected it too much during my prep for my last half and was severely to my detriment >_<

Won't be making that mistake again

Did a 6.5 miler today, not bad considering my hangover. Bout 1h10 so not particularly fast but acceptable considering I'm just getting back to fitness.

I'm still having trouble signing up for Windsor, it won't accept my card for some reason, will have to see if there's a manual way of signing up (i.e. not online)

I still need to sign up as well.

And start running.

That comment was there last year so I'm pretty sure the course will be the same. It's not ridiculously hilly but it has its moments and I felt like I suffered a bit for doing all my training on flat courses.

Hills! :blink:

There may be a death at Windsor this year.

Managed 10 laps round my half mile park circuit today plus took a longer route to/home at another half mile. Could have gone further and was really enjoying the run but the freshly cut grass and wind were pissing me off.

Total Run Length: 6 miles

Total Run Time: 45 mins.

Happy with that.

My tits are killing me.

Archived