Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Girlfriend back in the country yesterday and she is running the Edinburgh marathon on Sunday - her first. Looks like a great circuit, though glad I'm not doing it!

Good luck to her.

Weren't we meant to go on a run round Victoria Park? I do a great course from my flat, to the canal, then round the park and back again - pretty much exactly 10km.

Also am finding hill training surprisingly enjoyable and not AS bad as I thought it'd be. I'm weird.

Thanks Lees and James. Going up there tomorrow should be a good weekend.

Yes let's do a sunday run some time. There is a great circular 10k route just on the canal paths that we could do - we could meet at limehouse basin.

Maybe Frenzied can join us :D

Remember-Take a bottle of water with you when its hot....even if its only a 30 min gentle jog.

:frusty:

Ran 8.5 miles at about 1pm. Was the hardest run i've done in my life, thought I was going to collapse at one point! So fooking hot!

What are the best water bottles to buy, the ones with the hole in the middle to hold easily?

Has anyone else had any problems with running after having a general anaesthetic? I know it's still less than a week, but surely it should be out of my system by now. :dunno::angry:

:frusty:

Ran 8.5 miles at about 1pm. Was the hardest run i've done in my life, thought I was going to collapse at one point! So fooking hot!

What are the best water bottles to buy, the ones with the hole in the middle to hold easily?

1224494961_rucfistbottle.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well as so many ran it, I am surprised I did not bump into anyone ;)

A fun evening I must say, such a lovely area and great pub.

I came 70th with a time of 51 mins 29 secs, this was my first ever 10k too so I will take it.

The course has a hideous hill, which, as it is a 2 lapper, you have to do twice...

My brother came 7th in 38 mins 09 secs.

I have a feeling my legs will hurt tomorrow.

Well i've joined a gym.

I'm a hero on the treadmill. 25 mins and nearly 5k without much effort on my first attempt. 10k on the bike, 2k on the cross trainer and 50 reps of my arms.

I feel nothing but pain today.

2kg's?

Went for another jog today, although going in this heat killed me.

Think I need to pace myself more, seem to be going flat out from the off and getting tired too quickly.

Run as slowly as you can for as far as you can. You'll soon amaze yourself, trust me.

I sound like one of the American motivational speaker twats, don't I?

Todays Mercury:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/spor...il/article.html

Gemma Steel smashed the women's course record at the Glooston 10k, near Market Harborough.

The Charnwood runner came home in 36min 10sec to finish second overall and beat Tara Krzywicki's previous best time.

Steel was chasing the record from the gun, running the first mile in 5.30 alongside clubmate Glen North before she forged out on her own.

She crossed the line behind overall winner Gareth Deacon (Coritanians), who finished in 34.41.

Deacon sped away from the 138-strong field right from the start, finishing with an advantage of almost three minutes over North.

Click here for more

North's 37.36 saw him finish third overall, and second M40 behind Deacon, while Wreake's Jason Weetman was third male home in 37.45 and fourth overall.

Second woman home, and 12th overall, was Sarah Bull (unattached) in 39.32, with Headington's Laura Kyte right behind her in 39.35.

For Roadhoggs, who were hosting the race, Nick Cobley put in a storming run to finish seventh overall in 38.09, just two seconds off his personal best, while Neil Winkless improved on the PB he set at Swithland.

Huncote Harriers retained their team title. Leading results (overall):

1 Gareth Deacon (Coritanians, M40) 34.41, 2 Gemma Steel (Charnwood, F) 36.10, 3 Glenn North (Charnwood, M40) 37.36, 4 Jason Weetman (Wreake, M) 37.45, 5 Rob Pullen (Owls, M) 37.47, 6 Alex Webster (West End Runners, M40) 37.55, 7 Nick Cobley (Roadhoggs, M) 38.09, 8 Carl Voisey (Birstall, M) 38.45, 9 Brian Harris (Wreake, M40) 38.54, 10 Mark Chamberlain (Roadhoggs, M40) 39.00, 11 Wlodzin Kula-Przezwanski (Huncote, M40) 39.31, Sarah Bull (Unattached, F) 39.32, 13 Laura Kyte (Headington, F) 39.35, 14 Stacey Voss (Fleckney & Kibworth, M) 39.53, 15 Craig Atton (Roadhoggs, M) 40.49, 16 Adam Brooks (Harborough, M) 41.01, 17 Jenni Muston (Shepshed, F) 41.14, 18 Andrew Watson (Unattached, M) 41.28, 19 Ben Spiers (Unattached, M) 41.29, 20 Hugh Delargy (Harborough M40) 42.10.

The Hinckley Running Club's 5k event through the town centre takes place tomorrow (7.30pm).

There is also a one-mile Kaper run with the event in aid of Loros. Entries will be taken on the night, £8 for club runners and £10 for non-club runners. There is a t-shirt for all 5k finishers.

Sunday sees the Prestwold Hall 10k which forms part of the Leicestershire Road-Running Summer League. It starts at Prestwold, 10.30am

Woop.

No mention of my PB though :cry: I would have thought the person in 70th would have got a mention!

Good stuff. I'm running the London 10k in a couple of weeks but I've had a chest infection or something and haven't been able to train for over a week! Looks like I will struggle to get in under and hour.

Run as slowly as you can for as far as you can. You'll soon amaze yourself, trust me.

I sound like one of the American motivational speaker twats, don't I?

It's weird on the treadmill at the gym, I find if I run slow I struggle, if I go at a faster pace I can go longer.

Archived