Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Nice work! Just been to the gym too.... still got the cold but easing myself back into training. Will run 3 miles tomorrow and 5 on Sunday hopefully.

Take it easy. I started coughing during the afternoon, and what was a head cold has moved onto my tonsils and lungs. This may be a natural progression for the disease, but I might have made things worse for myself. No running today. :(

Cool English weather is great for running; surely it must be one of the ingredients in the mix that makes Bannisters, Radcliffes, Lisas, Bellends, Lestavezes, Monks etc.? :dunno:

I really don't like the cold, and if I'm not careful, it really irritates my chest. But there's something about running outdoors this time of year that, I don't know, it's kind of exhilarating, for want of a better word. :dunno:

I didn't unsubscribe for my marathon training emails last year, and they have started coming through again. I am actually jealous of all those people who will be running London this year, and I am already missing the training. Sad or what!

Just ran 6 miles this moning, the first long run I've done since I hurt my knee over xmas and had a cold last week. Hopefully I'm back on track. Was horribly slow today though, got to pick it up again over the next few weeks.

Nice work! Just been to the gym too.... still got the cold but easing myself back into training. Will run 3 miles tomorrow and 5 on Sunday hopefully.

Sparky - sounds like you are in a similar situation to me a few months back. I'd suggest picking out a 3 mile circuit on WalkJogRun and aiming to complete it with a combination of walking and running (Don't actually stop as this allows your heart rate to fall - the idea is to maintain a high heart rate). Don't try to run too fast, just pace yourself. Each time you run set yourself a slightly further marker before you allow yourself to walk. Once you get to 3 miles you realise that stopping is more about mentality than it is about fitness. :thumbup:

Cheers for that mate , that link didnt work for me but found the site through google . As soon as i shake this illness off then im gonna start

Last year I started a Look and feel Great in 2008 campaign last year. I subsequently lost interest after February. So today formed the start of the Look and feel Fine in 2009 campaign. I hope this one works as I can't think of anything to rhyme with 10. Anyway I ran 2 and a half miles in 30 minutes today :)

I'm going to do some running tonight for the first time in three weeks at football (I can hear the regulars saying "he doesn't run anyway" :angry: ).

I can see myself out of breath after 10 minutes <_<

Wasn't out of breath at all, surprisingly :celebrate:

Just did my 1st run , just a little one as ive been ill for few days and wanted to start off slow . Id say it was around 2 miles and went pretty well , ill try do that again tomorrow then look to build up

Just got back from my longest ever run, measured it out and it's 9.01 miles! I'm soooooooo happy I actually completed that as this year's training hasn't gone too great so far. I set a slow time of 1:39, 11 minute miles. However at the moment I just need to cover the distance in preparation for the Reading half marathon in March!

Did I mention that I am raising money for Kidney Patients Association? The link is in my signature... Pleeeeeaaase sponsor me!

Oh, and those running gel things are awesome, really kept me going!

• 1 month later...
Just got back from my longest ever run, measured it out and it's 9.01 miles! I'm soooooooo happy I actually completed that as this year's training hasn't gone too great so far. I set a slow time of 1:39, 11 minute miles. However at the moment I just need to cover the distance in preparation for the Reading half marathon in March!

Did I mention that I am raising money for Kidney Patients Association? The link is in my signature... Pleeeeeaaase sponsor me!

Oh, and those running gel things are awesome, really kept me going!

Hope the training is still going well. :thumbup:

I went for a run this morning, and it was beyond lame. Felt bloody awful and could only manage a couple of miles before having to stop and walk most of the way back.

Turns out I was massively dehydrated. That's what drinking shandy in Milton Keynes does to you

I went for a run this morning, and it was beyond lame. Felt bloody awful and could only manage a couple of miles before having to stop and walk most of the way back.

Turns out I was massively dehydrated. That's what drinking shandy in Milton Keynes does to you

Wuss. I managed almost 6 and a half miles!

Wuss. I managed almost 6 and a half miles!

I left my phone upstairs earlier and ran up to answer it. I was knackered. Dunno who is more to blame, myself for not keeping toned and healthy; or my mum, for ringing me.

Stupid parents.

Did my first half decent length run for a few weeks on friday night. 7 miles. i really need to get back in shape cos it was harder than it should be

I left my phone upstairs earlier and ran up to answer it. I was knackered. Dunno who is more to blame, myself for not keeping toned and healthy; or my mum, for ringing me.

Stupid parents.

I always blame the parents.

Well im that unfit its unbelievable, i say i will go running and then whenit comes down to it i have no motivation, i just don't like running, well i don't mind it.

But i hate the fact that im unfit, and when i try and run i cant be arsed to do it :(

Archived