Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Thanks - I'm just curious as to why going from standing to sitting can make me pass out, but I can run quicker than I could two weeks ago!!

It makes no sense!

have messaged him on Facebook so will let you know what he thinks. Does seem very odd.

Just run 7.5 miles in an hour. I wasn't even out of breath, and could have carried on. It's brilliant, but it's bloody ridiculous!!

That's a great time Lisa.

I'm slowly but surely getting back into my runs. IT band is holding up OK so far, but I'm not running long distance.

Last night I ran 2.7 miles in 25 minutes. I'm going to use this circuit to find a new pace which can get me under 2hrs in a half marathon, then extend the distance.

That's a great time Lisa.

I'm slowly but surely getting back into my runs. IT band is holding up OK so far, but I'm not running long distance.

Last night I ran 2.7 miles in 25 minutes. I'm going to use this circuit to find a new pace which can get me under 2hrs in a half marathon, then extend the distance.

Just keep plugging away at it. I managed to do a sub-2hr half marathon, and it's all about building up the miles. I also found it helpful just once a week running for a short time, but doing either fartlek (that's right Flynny, fartlek :giggle: ) or interval training. You obviously want to be getting an overall quicker pace during the short run, but it really does help with distance running.

Race for Life event in Leicester on 12 Jul 09 at 11:00 5k........... have signed up for it!

Havent ran in my life... but gonna try and get into some shape and at least run most of it! :thumbup:

Race for Life event in Leicester on 12 Jul 09 at 11:00 5k........... have signed up for it!

Havent ran in my life... but gonna try and get into some shape and at least run most of it! :thumbup:

Wayhey!!

Don't underestimate the importance of the walk/jog method of training when starting out. Also, the Great Central Way is brilliant for running, as you won't be the only one, and there are no cars. It's also flat!

Wayhey!!

Don't underestimate the importance of the walk/jog method of training when starting out. Also, the Great Central Way is brilliant for running, as you won't be the only one, and there are no cars. It's also flat!

Thanks I will! Having forked out £12.99 to run now Im bloody well gonna! :P

Was wanting to get fitter as its all creeping up on me since I reached 40 so its a good time to do it and help ppl too.

Im going to cycle to work 3 times a week too (which is about 11 miles a day) so that should help.

Who knows maybe this time next year a half marathon might be within my grasp :thumbup:

Dare we ask how long and how far you ran tonight?

Gaylord was probably chasing some chap around the Supermarket.

GAYLORD! :angry:

Due to illness and other stuff i aint been running for a whole week. :(

I've not been for WEEKS. I could have gone tonight, but I treated my decking instead.

ROCK AND ROLL

What did you treat your decking to?

Pizza,Fish and Chips or a nice cosy meal in??? :unsure:

:santa:

I'm on the interval training this week to get a bit of fitness and speed back. I'm a proper slow-arse when I run anyway but it'd be nice to beat my last 1/2 marathon time when I do this windsor one

Dare we ask how long and how far you ran tonight?

I ran for about 15 minutes cos it was too hot and i was going too fast and there was a 3 flight staircase in the middle. I'll work out how far i went in a minute. Anything to put off doing the mountain of work i have.

Had a great 3 mile run this evening, it was beautiful out and I found some energy from nowhere. Knee still niggling pain though. I have now signed up to Windsor

Friday, thy will be done.

15056779.jpg

1.5 miles apparently. Felt much longer.

And it's all uphill. Did i say that it was all uphill yet?

And there were stairs.

Im so unfit.

A good website I use for mapping runs is MapMyRun.com. It gives you a lot more flexibility when planning your route.

I did three miles in just over 24 minutes on Monday. I need to get back on this running big time.

Archived