Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

That's by the by, but I bet when me and the Mrs are driving around in my Vauxhall Insignia and get some Willy puller on a sportsbike right on our rear bumper, flashing their headlights... bet that's like you innit.

lol

Edit: I do have to say though Nick, I bet that's a beauty to ride!

Nah you'll have pulled over way before I get to flash my headlight!

The noise... oh the noise :wub:

Yeah I have the newer model now and it is truly something else to be sat on.

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Nah you'll have pulled over way before I get to flash my headlight!

The noise... oh the noise :wub:

Yeah I have the newer model now and it is truly something else to be sat on.

You'll laff but I think the scooter I'm after (650 Burgman) is possibly quicker off the lights than your 1000cc! Of course, around 40 you'll blast past me like I weren't there.

All to do with weight of bike, torque etc.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You'll laff but I think the scooter I'm after (650 Burgman) is possibly quicker off the lights than your 1000cc! Of course, around 40 you'll blast past me like I weren't there.

All to do with weight of bike, torque etc.

If your scooter does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and has launch control we'll talk again about this....

I suspect though you are thinking more of a of a Mini Cooper S versus a Ford Mustang.

(The 650 Burgman weighs 75KG more than an s1000rr)

Edited by Nick

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

It's funny because that doesn't sound fast off the lights, but the speedo just goes mental

Last thing I heard was the fastest production road vehicle to 40mph is actually the Triumph Rocket III - info might be outdated but was quite surprising

Definitely wasn't the Suzuki Binman 650 though

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's funny because that doesn't sound fast off the lights, but the speedo just goes mental

Last thing I heard was the fastest production road vehicle to 40mph is actually the Triumph Rocket III - info might be outdated but was quite surprising

Definitely wasn't the Suzuki Binman 650 though

Yeah the Rocket and the V-Max do well in a straight line certainly. Its actually not the best vid as he doesn't get the power down through the rear when the revs drop but its still pretty quick. The mid range on these bikes is where the fun is... the time between say 60 and 130 is non existent.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah the Rocket and the V-Max do well in a straight line certainly. Its actually not the best vid as he doesn't get the power down through the rear when the revs drop but its still pretty quick. The mid range on these bikes is where the fun is... the time between say 60 and 130 is non existent.

I had a V Max - unbelieveable in a straight line - problem was you had to get off and persuade it to go around a corner. Handled like a puppy on a lead and stopped like a supertanker. The steel cradle trellis frame was skinnier than Kate Moss's rib cage. It's as though Yamaha expended so much effort and yen designing such a brilliant V4 motor that they ran out of time and budget and gave up on the rest. 

14 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The mid range on these bikes is where the fun is... the time between say 60 and 130 is non existent.

Yeah I ride a ZX9R C1 - obviously not a patch on today's thousands, but it's ferocious from 7krpm to the redline. At 60mph you dump it into 2nd gear to overtake and it's at 100mph in the blink of an eye

27 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've never been into bikes...

When the front lifts up at around 150km/h... Is that intentional?

If it's not I'd be amazed if the lad didn't mess his keks up big time. **** me.

51 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If your scooter does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and has launch control we'll talk again about this....

I suspect though you are thinking more of a of a Mini Cooper S versus a Ford Mustang.

(The 650 Burgman weighs 75KG more than an s1000rr)

2.5 seconds :o

Fook me I got that wrong then!

That must be one of the quickest bikes out there surely?

I must have read something about the pace of the superscoots from the off. Standing start type thing. Pretty rapid cos of CVT. Ie not having to mess about with gear changes etc...just twist and BLAM

Edited by Col city fan

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

2.5 seconds :o

Fook me I got that wrong then!

That must be one of the quickest bikes out there surely?

I must have read something about the pace of the superscoots from the off. Standing start type thing. Pretty rapid cos of CVT. Ie not having to mess about with gear changes etc...just twist and BLAM

Sure - but the S1K will do 100mph in first gear!

check out the Isle of Man Superstock winning bikes of the last few years.... that tells you most of what you need to know.

Edited by Nick

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sure - but the S1K will do 100mph in first gear!

check out the Isle of Man Superstock winning bikes of the last few years.... that tells you most of what you need to know.

Literally does it scare you a bit having that type of speed?

100 mph in first gear is outrageous!

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Whats a lounch control ? ...

You press a button on the shifter and then let the clutch out and the bike goes off at the fastest it possibly can....

Fun off the lights an all that...

43 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You press a button on the shifter and then let the clutch out and the bike goes off at the fastest it possibly can....

Fun off the lights an all that...

I was on the wind up Swanny ...   Nasty Nils said 'lounch control' in his thick foreign accent ..   :)

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Mine occasionally gives me cramp in my calves when I've ridden it slow all winter and finally get to pin it when the weather perks up, but the big bikes are easy to ride at any speed. I think my old 400cc was actually a scarier bike as they basically make you ride flat-out all the time and as a result get you in stickier situations more often

• Like 1

On 07/07/2017 at 15:56, AKCJ said:

I've never been into bikes...

When the front lifts up at around 150km/h... Is that intentional?

If it's not I'd be amazed if the lad didn't mess his keks up big time. **** me.

Ha.

So what happens is... as the power is all at the rear wheel, the front wheel lifts as the bike pulls through the gears. The bike however won't wheelie as there is an 'anti wheelie button' that prevents the front wheel lifting more than a few inches off the ground.

In all honesty you can barely feel it unless you take off anti wheelie and really get the front in the air!

On 07/07/2017 at 18:13, Countryfox said:

I was on the wind up Swanny ...   Nasty Nils said 'lounch control' in his thick foreign accent ..   :)

I did wonder! But only went as far as checking the spelling before responding!

On 07/07/2017 at 16:57, Col city fan said:

Going fast won't kill you. It's all about how quickly you stop...

• Like 1