Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Motorbikes are brilliant

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Col, mate. As someone who's on the receiving end of a fair bit of stick myself let me tell you,you've just got to ignore it. If you let it bother you you'll only get it more. Its only the internet, its no big deal.

Cheers Webbo. I know I can give a bit of stick too but generally I’d rather just talk about motor biking, scootering, riding on two wheels (whatever one may wish to call it) in an informative, pleasant and respectful way I guess. Rather than just resorting to being bitchy. I don’t mind it from the likes of @Swan Lesta. We wind each other up. It’s when the likes of Daggers (and others) just pops up with a bit of bitchiness, for no real reason other than just to aggravate. It makes me wonder why and my first thought is usually ‘lonely saddo’. 

It isn’t upsetting. I can have a laff with the best of em. It’s just bewildering. The thread would be so much better if it was full of photos, stories, etc rather than cheap one liners from people I’ve had no previous dialogue with.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Cheers Webbo. I know I can give a bit of stick too but generally I’d rather just talk about motor biking, scootering, riding on two wheels (whatever one may wish to call it) in an informative, pleasant and respectful way I guess. Rather than just resorting to being bitchy. I don’t mind it from the likes of @Swan Lesta. We wind each other up. It’s when the likes of Daggers (and others) just pops up with a bit of bitchiness, for no real reason other than just to aggravate. It makes me wonder why and my first thought is usually ‘lonely saddo’. 

It isn’t upsetting. I can have a laff with the best of em. Just bewildering.

Just laugh it off. Its not worth getting upset about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I'm riding a 125 at the moment with view to doing DAS next spring.

I have a KTM Duke, which is class. Will probably upgrade to a 650 twin of some sort - possibly a Kawa ER-6N or a Suzuki Gladius or similar.

The new Dukes look so nice

Edited by Beechey

20 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Yeah, have you seen the TFT dash on them? Amazing. Mine is the previous generation.

Yeah I love that more brands are implementing nice TFT dashes, the Speed/Street Triple one is incredible too.

Got 100 miles in on the RGV this past 2 weeks. It's running like a Swiss watch. It's moved 20 miles in the last 2 years, 17 were by the bloke who serviced it. He stamped my service book; last done in 2007, 1400 miles ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Weather looking good for an afternoon rant out ?

It was. Went to have a look at the new Speedmaster, only the demo was covered in rust which is hardly a great advert for the thing.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

It was. Went to have a look at the new Speedmaster, only the demo was covered in rust which is hardly a great advert for the thing.

A lovely way to drop 12k - kinda Steve McQueen I’d happily test ride one. 

I had had an amazing blast out but pot holes and oblivious car pilots were a tad frustrating- never mind the 59mph Police presence on a number of A roads made me feel a little jinxed!

Edited by Nick

On 05/04/2018 at 20:56, Swan Lesta said:

A lovely way to drop 12k - kinda Steve McQueen I’d happily test ride one. 

I had had an amazing blast out but pot holes and oblivious car pilots were a tad frustrating- never mind the 59mph Police presence on a number of A roads made me feel a little jinxed!

S’why the 900 is going. Roads round here have gone to pot and as one of them has to leave the garage, it’s going to be the one without long travel suspension. Running three bikes has bled me dry - mainly from the young’un ploughing the 125 into a succession of inanimate things. Don’t have kids. Or, have mine.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

New bike, triumph Street triple, 675R.

10d7ix0.jpg

Already modding it!

Arrow can is now in, removed baffle straight away! And cut down filter intake.

Quickshift

Tail tidy

Belly pan

Daytona seat

Fly screen and lamina screen

Most on way, few bits to source.

Edited by simFox
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/06/2018 at 22:52, simFox said:

New bike, triumph Street triple, 675R.

10d7ix0.jpg

Already modding it!

Arrow can is now in, removed baffle straight away! And cut down filter intake.

Quickshift

Tail tidy

Belly pan

Daytona seat

Fly screen and lamina screen

Most on way, few bits to source.

Lovely bike ....   was on the track a while back in my mates car ...   passed a few Triumphs ...    :)

On 28/07/2018 at 12:22, Countryfox said:

Lovely bike ....   was on the track a while back in my mates car ...   passed a few Triumphs ...    :)

Got the mods done now too!

xdxpw7.jpg

What triumphs and which track? Only the ring has both on at the same time that I know of. I've got 4 cars that will show this bike a clean pair of heels, I don't think the streets are that quick, but they ride really nice.

Edited by simFox

11 hours ago, simFox said:

Got the mods done now too!

xdxpw7.jpg

What triumphs and which track? Only the ring has both on at the same time that I know of. I've got 4 cars that will show this bike a clean pair of heels, I don't think the streets are that quick, but they ride really nice.

You've got 4 cars that would show it a clean pair of heels !!!! ...    what cars are they ??? ...   and how many cars have you got ???!!!

Mods look brilliant btw ...   stunning bike ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simFox said:

They've all been tinkered with a wee bit:

R35 GTR

911 turbo (996)

Westfield

M135i 

Crikey ! ...   you must have a big garage !

I was on a private track and they were works bikes being tested for some new mods ...     don't want to say too much about my mates car but I had over 700 horses under my right boot ...      one more go in the car and I should have it cracked then I can show him how to do it ..   :)

Anybody into motocross? I take my son to different tracks each week, he has had a pw50 for a few month but he has definitely maxed his potential on it. Does anyone know if the husqvarna tc50 is a good step up or would i be better going for the KTM sx50 that every other kid seems to have?

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Anybody into motocross? I take my son to different tracks each week, he has had a pw50 for a few month but he has definitely maxed his potential on it. Does anyone know if the husqvarna tc50 is a good step up or would i be better going for the KTM sx50 that every other kid seems to have?

Speak to Adam Castledine of Clive Castledine Motorcycles in South Wigston. Adam is a smashing bloke (like his dad was) and can tell you everything you need to know about motorcross. I believe he’s still one of the best around. Just pop in and he’s great to have a chat with.

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Speak to Adam Castledine of Clive Castledine Motorcycles in South Wigston. Adam is a smashing bloke (like his dad was) and can tell you everything you need to know about motorcross. I believe he’s still one of the best around. Just pop in and he’s great to have a chat with.

:thumbup:

Cheers col, i asked on another forum and was told they are exactly the same bike and are the logical step up. Does clives shop sell motocross safety gear do you know?

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Cheers col, i asked on another forum and was told they are exactly the same bike and are the logical step up. Does clives shop sell motocross safety gear do you know?

That I can’t answer mate. Adam or Vanessa will know if you give em a bell.

• Like 1

I know nothing about bikes but we’re at the Countryfile show at Blenheim Palace today and looking at the Kawasaki stand. Here’s my lad and his mate on a Ninja bike which is nearly £20k! The one next to it was £25k! I had no idea they were this expensive. Great looking bit of kit though...

B8DA8D21-1393-40FF-806B-0E47312D2BF6.jpeg

• Like 2