Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Federer will definitely bounce back. Everyone seems to be writing him off but the disappointments will make him stronger and can see him coming back strong at the US Open and giving Nadal a run for his money at Roland Garros next year.

Best final I've seen, although don't know if it was better than McEnroe vs Borg because have never seen it in full

Federer and Nadal are in a class of their own, can't see anyone bar those 2 winning a gran slam for a few years. Djorkovic could give them a nudge nothing more and as for Andy Murray lol miles away son.

Murray will surprise alot of people in the upcoming year mate. U.S Open will be the start of it, no actually he will do well in the Olympics.

Federer will definitely bounce back. Everyone seems to be writing him off but the disappointments will make him stronger and can see him coming back strong at the US Open and giving Nadal a run for his money at Roland Garros next year.

Best final I've seen, although don't know if it was better than McEnroe vs Borg because have never seen it in full

Let's not forget that Federer has won the last 4 US Opens. He's practically as dominant there as he has been at Wimbledon.

• 3 weeks later...
No idea why the tennis thread is closed, but is anybody else watching Murray/Nadal?

I was thinking that as well.

It was a good win for Murray against Djokovic, but he's got quite a way to go before he can beat Nadal.

Edited by SamL

No idea why the tennis thread is closed, but is anybody else watching Murray/Nadal?

I closed it when Wimbledon started because there was two seperate threads being used for one tournement. I'll rename this and this can be the tennis thread.

I closed it when Wimbledon started because there was two seperate threads being used for one tournement. I'll rename this and this can be the tennis thread.

Excellent.

Nadal is just unreal.

Thought Murray played well last night but still Rafa blew him away.

Excellent.

Nadal is just unreal.

Thought Murray played well last night but still Rafa blew him away.

Nadal is a class apart at the moment, even Federer isn't matching him.

It would be a special effort for Nadal to win the US Open, and make it three grand slams in a row.

Nadal is a class apart at the moment, even Federer isn't matching him.

It would be a special effort for Nadal to win the US Open, and make it three grand slams in a row.

Got a funny feeling Nadal will win the US this year, but then Federer will come back stronger than ever next year after collapsing at the end of this year and win all 4 :o !

You heard it here first.

Got a funny feeling Nadal will win the US this year, but then Federer will come back stronger than ever next year after collapsing at the end of this year and win all 4 :o !

You heard it here first.

I can see Federer coming back to win at Wimbledon, but I can't see him winning the French. He was nowhere near Nadal in this years tournament. If Federer had given Nadal a good game in the final of the French, it might have been possible but I can't see it at the moment.

I can see Federer coming back to win at Wimbledon, but I can't see him winning the French. He was nowhere near Nadal in this years tournament. If Federer had given Nadal a good game in the final of the French, it might have been possible but I can't see it at the moment.

Fed has been off form all year though. If he trains hard over the time between the US and the Australian, and recovers some of the mental edge he appears to have lost, who's to say he might not win all 4?

Fed has been off form all year though. If he trains hard over the time between the US and the Australian, and recovers some of the mental edge he appears to have lost, who's to say he might not win all 4?

His record on clay against Nadal is abysmal, he's managed to beat him once out of about 12 meetings. He's 27 I can't see him improving enough on that surface to beat Nadal, if he ever does Nadal will have to have a complete off day because as his best he is unbeatable on clay. And Nadal does not look like he's going to have another off day for about 5 years at the moment, he is really the kicking on. Federer hasn't won a Grand Slam this year and went out in the first round of Toronto. He's declining if you ask me, Nadal will take the No.1 spot off him next season if not before, and Djokovic wont be far behind. I'd say the question is whether he can turn this blip around and equal/beat Samparas's reacord Grand Slam wins, being the first person to win all four in one season for the first time in god knows how long, in his current form and with the players about at the minute, is out of the question.

Just to back that up he's just lost to Karlovic in Cincinnati, who is a big serve and nothing else. Nadal wins the tournament and he's no.1 in the world. Rightly so Fed isn't playing like the world no.1 anymore, I know alot of people who only watch Wimbledon will be slightly bemused by what im saying but that was his best performance of the year so far and on his best surface.

Just to back that up he's just lost to Karlovic in Cincinnati, who is a big serve and nothing else. Nadal wins the tournament and he's no.1 in the world. Rightly so Fed isn't playing like the world no.1 anymore, I know alot of people who only watch Wimbledon will be slightly bemused by what im saying but that was his best performance of the year so far and on his best surface.

I'm starting to doubt my ambitious prediction for Fed next year :D .

Am I right in thinking that he has only won 1 tournament this year, at Halle?

Fed is really struggling. This year he has already lost 11 times - half way through the year and in his so called 'unbeatable' times he only lost 4/5/6 times in a year. He is really struggling with the pressure from the up and coming players.

I hate to say it but Murray is on top form. Definitely a future top 5 player.

I also think that soon Djokovic will overtake Federer and a Nadal-Djokovic battle will begin.