Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Video Game Thread

I have no idea what an Mii is...

Im playing Topspin3 for the 360 alot at the minute, Decent game.

Topspin is the most frustrating game in the world - i just cant seem to return the serve on normal mode!!

Im playing a lot of Call of Duty 4 at the moment. I'd never really got into the online mode when I got the game at x-mas but thought i'd give it a go and been hooked ever since!

all about fifa 08

im quality at that.. add me my ps3 name is ARJUNATOR

I only play that game against my mate online now. Im fed up of all the people who run down the wing, cut inside then pass it across the keeper and tap it in. Its too easy to score like that and takes all the fun out of the game so me and my mate came to an agreement where you can't score like that. Makes it much more of a challenge! :thumbup:

I only play that game against my mate online now. Im fed up of all the people who run down the wing, cut inside then pass it across the keeper and tap it in. Its too easy to score like that and takes all the fun out of the game so me and my mate came to an agreement where you can't score like that. Makes it much more of a challenge! :thumbup:

Don't you get people who hoof the way down the pitch to players making runs. Corners normally consist of passing it to the nearest man, them running past and shooting from impossible angles and scoring. The opposition normally play as Barcelona. For me as well, when I come close to scoring, they have a way of quitting whenever they wan't to. I don't know how to do it, but I don't get a win or a loss. This is for the wii.

I have exactly the same agreement with my brother.

Don't you get people who hoof the way down the pitch to players making runs. Corners normally consist of passing it to the nearest man, them running past and shooting from impossible angles and scoring. The opposition normally play as Barcelona. For me as well, when I come close to scoring, they have a way of quitting whenever they wan't to. I don't know how to do it, but I don't get a win or a loss. This is for the wii.

Nah we dont get that on the PS3 version. You can quit up until 15 minutes without the result counting but if you quit any other time its a 3-0 defeat.

Nah we dont get that on the PS3 version. You can quit up until 15 minutes without the result counting but if you quit any other time its a 3-0 defeat.

The 360 dashboard will now have customisable, cartoonish Mii's err. "Avatars"! I'll post a picture in a mo'!

Oh E3 summed up this year in picture form:

20080716.jpg

Love playing some of the old classics on the Xbox Live Arcade:

Track and Field

Paperboy

Frogger

Have been my most recent purchases from there.

Let me know if you want a game of that FYF, I need some of the online achievements off that.

Topspin is the most frustrating game in the world - i just cant seem to return the serve on normal mode!!

Im playing a lot of Call of Duty 4 at the moment. I'd never really got into the online mode when I got the game at x-mas but thought i'd give it a go and been hooked ever since!

Ha I've got Topspin 3 now, fantastic game! Takes awhile to get used to though I'll admit, much harder than the 2nd one. Not gone online yet but if Top Spin 2 is anything to go by the standerd will be insane.

Ha I've got Topspin 3 now, fantastic game! Takes awhile to get used to though I'll admit, much harder than the 2nd one. Not gone online yet but if Top Spin 2 is anything to go by the standerd will be insane.

Wait until the WiiMotionPlus Tennis game!! ;)

I recently borrowed my friends 360, at first I didnt like them but I do now (Posted this else where on the forum). Call of Duty4 and Fifa08 online are excellent considering i'm not a fifa fan online standards where good. I think I might have to invest in a 360 in the near future. :)

Played one match and got comprehensively thrashed.... I havent been back since :(

According to data from both Chart-Track and ELSPA, UK video game sales have risen over 40 percent year-on-year for the first 6 months of 2008 to 31.3 million units. Revenue increased to GPB 738 million.

Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 and Nintendo DS software accounted for GPB 690 million of the total with PC gaming accounting for the rest. The low 3.9 million units sold of PC software represents a 29 percent decline year-on-year from last year.

"Games are now one of the most popular pastimes of the British – hence these remarkable figures," said Paul Jackson, director general of ELSPA.

"Our gamers are more mature than those of most countries – the average age of a player here is now 33 – and as our core gamers have grown up, so too have the revenues they bring in. Games are also proving themselves to be robustly recession-proof.

"Other retailers in the High Street have been struggling this year, but those selling games are not having such a tough time."

Source

Yup - those downloaders really seem to be killing the video games industry off.

Damn them pirates. Damn them to hell! :angry:

Source

Yup - those downloaders really seem to be killing the video games industry off.

Damn them pirates. Damn them to hell! :angry:

Did you not mean to post this in the other thread.

As that article is from afterdawn I will take it with a pinch of salt. I find it highly irresponsible for articles such as that to encourage d/ling. Think of all the 'work' AOWW is going to have to do now to keep the puppy population up!

Played one match and got comprehensively thrashed.... I havent been back since :(

I havn't played online yet, Im on Legend in career and it's pretty hard.

The 100 Aces achievement is going to take me forever i think i have like 7 in over 100 matches. lol

Archived