Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Geo V and the competition prizes

But wasn't it on behalf of the club... :dunno:

If he was telling the truth, which he probable wasn't.

And in answer to your questions no i haven't received anything from Mr Geo, but then I always doubted that he'd actually dish the prizes out, just as I was suspicious about his Season Ticket thing, which is why I didn't put my name down for it until Ultra started acting like a complete cock.

Logical deduction like that explains why you only got a 2:1 in a day and age where Universities are throwing away firsts.
I think that is the most illogical statement I've every heard/read.

So on that basis every one who ever did anything in life - so any crime, any verbal insult, any obnoxious action, any political decision and any other apparent unexplainable action in life all affecting someone if they choose not to explain why they did it then it's none of anyone's business.

What a money saving opportunity for governments we can disband the police, the courts, tribunals, government itself just stick a dictator up there and let them get on with it and we can all mind our own business.

I'm proud of my 2:1 in Finance, Accounting & Management from Uni of Nottingham. Twas a bloody hard degree to get i can assure you. You just keep being the sad waster who sits on here all day. What an inspiration you are to us all!

People are blowing this up out of proportion. Geo is a good bloke, who started a competition out of his own generousity, and with every intention i'm sure of honouring the prizes. For whatever reason it hasn't happened. Perhaps he doesn't want to spread the word on a public forum, ie it's none of our business. Perhaps he's embarressed. Who knows.

People are blowing this up out of proportion. Geo is a good bloke, who started a competition out of his own generousity, and with every intention i'm sure of honouring the prizes. For whatever reason it hasn't happened. Perhaps he doesn't want to spread the word on a public forum, ie it's none of our business. Perhaps he's embarressed. Who knows.

Yes, but I think people are just a bit miffed that he hasn't actually popped up and said something along the lines of "sorry, can't sort it out for personal reasons, I'll try and get it done when I can", or something like that. He didn't have to say exactly what's up or whatever. You can't blame people for speculating when Geo's just dissapeared off the face of the board.

Oh, and Daggers, they definitely weren't throwing away firsts in my degree.

Nor mine. It was a stupid thing to say.

OK then, in order to protect the sensitivities of those who apparently exhibit grade-envy - I fully retract saying that year on year universities continue to increase the rate at which they inflate the numbers of people passing degrees at first and 2:1 level in order to improve their national standings.

I'll just call Milky Joe a poster of limited deductive powers instead.

Better?

OK then, in order to protect the sensitivities of those who apparently exhibit grade-envy - I fully retract saying that year on year universities continue to increase the rate at which they inflate the numbers of people passing degrees at first and 2:1 level in order to improve their national standings.

Better?

Much better.

FYI - I got a 1st in 2003. Probably didn't deserve it though.

:D

Better?

Ah, but if only you said that young David. I believe the exact phrase was "Universities are throwing away firsts".

Ah, but if only you said that young David. I believe the exact phrase was "Universities are throwing away firsts".

Never mind - Virgin appreciates you.

Even though I have two firsts, one 2:1, a post-grad diploma and a Masters I am only a "sad waster who sits on here all day". fook my luck, eh?!

Even though I have two firsts, one 2:1, a post-grad diploma and a Masters I am only a "sad waster who sits on here all day". fook my luck, eh?!

just out of interest, what are you using your masters and degree to do?

just out of interest, what are you using your masters and degree to do?

None of my qualifications have anything to do with what I currently do: I freelance at home writing articles and script for periodicals and radio - which is handy for looking after the kids during summer. I'm going back to full-time work in September so the likes of MJ can breath a huge sigh of relief. :D

Give the job to Scoweh

442zy5.jpg

Thats pretty crap.

I have 5...read it....5 O' Levels all at Grade C

I'll repeat that again for you thickos...5 O LEVELS AT GRADE C(Not shitty little girly GCSE"s!)

:cool:

:unsure:

:(

• 1 year later...

lol

Im searching and cant find the thread for the comp winners and stumble across this!! I feel like Gary Glitter :sweating: :sweating:

Just to clarify, I left for a holiday that descended into farce and have spent most of my time abroad, mainly in Cyprus. I have been back to England on many occasions, probably six or seven in that time but havent been on internet websites and stuff as it was the last thing on my mind. I didnt realize the trail of shite that seems to be left in my wake but genuinely I didnt mean to offend or dupe anyone and thats why I am here writing this.

To clarify, I did not recieve anything from LCFC. The main prize was coming out of my pocket and no money was given to me. I didnt chase the prize from LCFC but I have the intentions of forwarding the emails I exchanged with Pete Jones about the prize so I can hand it out. Infact, the plan was for the club to send it direct.

I havent conned anybody and infact have given out a PS3 prize to someone (/game) and I think gave MP some City tickets for free in my time here so the accusation of me being out to defraud is far fetched as I have gained fudge all. I supose Im guilty of putting my personal life ahead of this place but I apologize for that. Now, I need to find that fudging prize thread before the authorities chase me down. :sweating:

Thats pretty crap.

I have 5...read it....5 O' Levels all at Grade C

I'll repeat that again for you thickos...5 O LEVELS AT GRADE C(Not shitty little girly GCSE"s!)

:(

Might be eighteen months too late but that made me spit tea all over myself giggling. Raj at his best. lol lol

• 2 weeks later...
lol

Im searching and cant find the thread for the comp winners and stumble across this!! I feel like Gary Glitter :sweating: :sweating:

Just to clarify, I left for a holiday that descended into farce and have spent most of my time abroad, mainly in Cyprus. I have been back to England on many occasions, probably six or seven in that time but havent been on internet websites and stuff as it was the last thing on my mind. I didnt realize the trail of shite that seems to be left in my wake but genuinely I didnt mean to offend or dupe anyone and thats why I am here writing this.

To clarify, I did not recieve anything from LCFC. The main prize was coming out of my pocket and no money was given to me. I didnt chase the prize from LCFC but I have the intentions of forwarding the emails I exchanged with Pete Jones about the prize so I can hand it out. Infact, the plan was for the club to send it direct.

I havent conned anybody and infact have given out a PS3 prize to someone (/game) and I think gave MP some City tickets for free in my time here so the accusation of me being out to defraud is far fetched as I have gained fudge all. I supose Im guilty of putting my personal life ahead of this place but I apologize for that. Now, I need to find that fudging prize thread before the authorities chase me down. :sweating:

S'alright Geo, I think my statements at that time were prehaps a little harsh. Sorry and Thanks for the tickets to the Sheffield Unitee game (although it was probably the worst game I've ever seen)

Now give me my Wii. :giggle:

Archived