Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

FIFA 09

Opinions cant be wrong or right.

Where has some one said 'Rulez' aswell.

lol

lol I don't know, I couldn't think of anything else.

I cannae be bothered to argue about FIFA's superiority anymore, I've got a game of 5 a side that needs to be played.

Oh, and Uncle Albert, your sister has exceptional taste.

lol I don't know, I couldn't think of anything else.

I cannae be bothered to argue about FIFA's superiority anymore, I've got a game of 5 a side that needs to be played.

Oh, and Uncle Albert, your sister has exceptional taste.

Typical FIFA running away. :whistle::unsure:

Nathko.

Cover

On August 1, 2008, Konami announced that Lionel Messi will be on the game's cover.

Gameplay

Gameplay has been improved for Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, with key additions such as an improved Teamvision system, with tactics changing according to situation, better off-the-ball movement such as running to receive passes, etc and the AI recognizing strategies that work and it accumulates data on an ongoing basis within Master League and League modes. Another new addition is the readjustments for ball movements, and PES2009 has new air resistance calculations for the trajectory of the ball. The heaviness of the ground also impacts the gameplay this year, which means passes will be heavier. There will also be new friction routines to affect ball movement in terms of ground conditions, backspin routines are calculated so that ball slows accordingly, and the bounce of the ball can be used more effectively: players can flick the ball up to tee a shot, or to lift it over a defender’s trailing leg. Skills are now integrated more into the game. If a player has the ability, they will be able to perform deft turns. There will also be adjusted controls to make close control more intuitive.

Graphics

Visuals are also improved in PES2009. There will be graphic depictions of weather conditions unique to each stadium, much more detailed lighting effects that mimic the time of day more closely, and all new player models in game. Everything is reworked for additional detail. In addition to that, more stadiums are added including Wembley Stadium and more. More animations are added, including Cristiano Ronaldo's open legged stance before a free kick and other animations which make the game flow more, with players now stumbling and placing a hand down so as to keep running. LED adboards are also set to make its debut on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. New camera angles are also in PES2009 and a new, clearer menu system is in, too.

Teams

Licensed leagues

The leagues below are fully licensed, and all teams from these leagues are licensed:

French Ligue 1

Italian Serie A

Dutch Eredivisie

Un-licensed leagues

Only two teams from the English Premier League are licensed but all include real player names. Those teams will be Manchester United FC and Liverpool.

La Liga is also Un-Licensed this year, however, all teams will feature fully licensed kits and logos.

National teams

So far, the only national teams that have been confirmed to be licensed are Argentina, France, Ivory Coast, Japan, Greece, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Brazil, Spain and England although most nations from previous games are expected to return.[6][citation needed]. Apart from that the teams are same as Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

Boots

There are 16 slots (4 more than the previous maximum of most previous games in the series) in which you can customise your boots in Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 with trademarks such as Adidas, Nike, Reebok, Lotto, Umbro and Puma, making a change from the usual Adidas and Reebok boots. You are able to change the colours of the boots. A list of the added boots are:

Nike Air Legend II

Nike Total90 Laser II

Nike Mercurial Vapor IV

Nike Ronaldinho Dois

Nike Tiempo

PUMA v-Konstrukt II

PUMA King XL

PUMA V1.08

ADIDAS adiPURE

ADIDAS Predator PowerSwerve: Gold/White version only for Zidane

ADIDAS World Cup/Acuna

ADIDAS F50.8 (Special Green/Navy colour for Messi)

ADIDAS Copa Mundial

REEBOK KFS Sprintfit Pro II

REEBOK Classic Lite Pro

REEBOK K2

Stadiums

Stadium included in PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Konami will get into further development for more stadiums. It is thought that the Luzhniki and Ernst-Happel Stadia have been included mainly on the basis that they have both recently staged major football events, these being the 2007/08 UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Euro 2008 finals respectivley. In UEFA Euro 2008 the Tivoli Neu stadium also hosted several group D matches

The new stadiums are:

Anfield

Wembley Stadium (Confirmed)

Old Trafford

Stamford Bridge

Emirates Stadium

Estadio Mestalla

Luzhniki Stadium

Ernst-Happel-Stadion

Stade Gerland

Stade Velodrome

Stade Felix Bollaert

Stadio delle Alpi

Allianz Arena

Amsterdam ArenA

Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo

St.Jakob Park

Hope this tells you all. :thumbup:

Having played PES for years, I switched to FIFA 08 this year (only bought it a couple of months ago) and I have to say that there are pros and cons for each game.

PES is more 'pick up and play' and has that arcade feel to it. You can play it for the first time and get the hang of it in an hour, and become pretty good and score goals for fun. Top players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc will just breeze past defenders with ease just because they are quick - which is great when you're attacking but infuriating when you're defending. It's not very realistic in that sense.

FIFA, on the other hand, requires more tactical thinking and definitely more practise before you become good. You can't just run past players like PES, you need to build up moves and when you score (which is quite difficult to begin with!) you feel like you've achieved something. You won't wallop teams 10-0 like you can easily do on PES. Plus FIFA has a greater variety of tricks and skills which completely overpowers the 2/3 tricks you can do on PES. The commentary is vastly superior on FIFA, as is the graphics and the overall menu interface.

I don't understand why the PES fans have to stick up for the game in such a defensive fashion (it's not just on this thread but everywhere on the net). PES is easy and fun, but FIFA has won me over because of it's depth and realism.

Having played PES for years, I switched to FIFA 08 this year (only bought it a couple of months ago) and I have to say that there are pros and cons for each game.

PES is more 'pick up and play' and has that arcade feel to it. You can play it for the first time and get the hang of it in an hour, and become pretty good and score goals for fun. Top players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc will just breeze past defenders with ease just because they are quick - which is great when you're attacking but infuriating when you're defending. It's not very realistic in that sense.

FIFA, on the other hand, requires more tactical thinking and definitely more practise before you become good. You can't just run past players like PES, you need to build up moves and when you score (which is quite difficult to begin with!) you feel like you've achieved something. You won't wallop teams 10-0 like you can easily do on PES. Plus FIFA has a greater variety of tricks and skills which completely overpowers the 2/3 tricks you can do on PES. The commentary is vastly superior on FIFA, as is the graphics and the overall menu interface.

I don't understand why the PES fans have to stick up for the game in such a defensive fashion (it's not just on this thread but everywhere on the net). PES is easy and fun, but FIFA has won me over because of it's depth and realism.

well said, i also agree that pro evo fans do defend the game quite aggresively lol

That's the bit you have to practice on PES, the defending ;)

I've played both games and I probabably prefer the Pro Evo gameplay, it's just less frustrating and you can turn quicker tha a bus :P

FIFA's better for game modes and team etc, obviously.

Archived