Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
morris1234

FIFA 09

It's a matter of opinions, some people just choose to have the wrong one. :P

I've just been playing Fifa and have had to turn it off because it aggrivated me far to much.

The players have the turning cicle of a double-decker bus which is completely shit, Pro doesn't have this problem. It's fast and more energetic.

The passing is drab and slow and you can never put a decent move together, whereas on Pro you can play some tasty football. Every threw ball on Fifa goes through to the keeper. And no it's not because I'm shit.

The shooting from outside the box on Fifa is second rate and you can barely get any on target or in a decent posistion. I'll admit Pro's is a little easy but it's still better.

Yes, Fifa can have it's licences and that and probably better graphics. But if I wanted graphics I'd buy a HD TV and wank over Premiership Years.

For enjoyment, which is why I play it, Pro is by far the better game.

I've just been playing Fifa and have had to turn it off because it aggrivated me far to much.

The players have the turning cicle of a double-decker bus which is completely shit, Pro doesn't have this problem. It's fast and more energetic.

The passing is drab and slow and you can never put a decent move together, whereas on Pro you can play some tasty football. Every threw ball on Fifa goes through to the keeper. And no it's not because I'm shit.

The shooting from outside the box on Fifa is second rate and you can barely get any on target or in a decent posistion. I'll admit Pro's is a little easy but it's still better.

Yes, Fifa can have it's licences and that and probably better graphics. But if I wanted graphics I'd buy a HD TV and wank over Premiership Years.

PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Don't know about your long range shooting problems, I started a league with Peterborough and Josh Low was banging in 30 yarders left right and centre. Imo the PES shooting system is second rate, as are the keepers, which let shots go through them, even on the hardest difficulty.

It is possible to work together decent moves in FIFA and score some cracking goals. The game's difficulty means that, for me, when a perfectly executed through pass leads to a goal, the sense of acheivement is far greater than in Pro Evo.

There is also a range of skills and techniques for players, more than the simple pirouettes and step overs that are only available in PES.

I'll admit that the first touch and turning issues in FIFA need to be addressed, but so does the unrealistic play of Pro Evo. Just because FIFA doesn't run at 100 mph, does that make it a bad game?

Don't know about your long range shooting problems, I started a league with Peterborough and Josh Low was banging in 30 yarders left right and centre. Imo the PES shooting system is second rate, as are the keepers, which let shots go through them, even on the hardest difficulty.

It is possible to work together decent moves in FIFA and score some cracking goals. The game's difficulty means that, for me, when a perfectly executed through pass leads to a goal, the sense of acheivement is far greater than in Pro Evo.

There is also a range of skills and techniques for players, more than the simple pirouettes and step overs that are only available in PES.

I'll admit that the first touch and turning issues in FIFA need to be addressed, but so does the unrealistic play of Pro Evo. Just because FIFA doesn't run at 100 mph, does that make it a bad game?

preaaaaaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhh!!

and guess what, they have! look at one of the videos i posted on the first page which shows you only a few of the major changes, and these are amongst them, as for the pro evo lover lol the new fifa is said to be a lot quicker, in the words of one of the producers, " more like the speed in uefa euro 2008" but even better there is an option in the game where you can return it to the fifa 08 speed level! this game is going to be amazing!

As said, it's a matter of opinions. I've tried no end to improve the shooting on higher levels and that but I just can't get the hang of it because by the time you're in a good place to shoot you're to close to a defender.

I must admit, the skills choice doesn't bother me that much, I hardly ever use them on either game, prefer to just play some decent football and be done with it.

Obviously it doesn't make it a bad game, but it makes it inferior to Pro Evo in my eyes. I see no need to play a game I don't enjoy and can't have fun on.

Fifa has had the same problems for years now and still hasn't addressed them so it looks unlikely it will change. As far as I am aware Konami have already said the keepers have improved, but before the moaning started about the keepers, people were beggint for the keepers to make the odd mistake.

preaaaaaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhh!!

and guess what, they have! look at one of the videos i posted on the first page which shows you only a few of the major changes, and these are amongst them, as for the pro evo lover lol the new fifa is said to be a lot quicker, in the words of one of the producers, " more like the speed in uefa euro 2008" but even better there is an option in the game where you can return it to the fifa 08 speed level! this game is going to be amazing!

Christ, it's like reading a parody of Phube post.

Instead of acting as a PA man for Fifa, try and offer a little more insight instead of relying on pictures from the Internet. :laugh: We all know it won't turn out like that.

As said, it's a matter of opinions. I've tried no end to improve the shooting on higher levels and that but I just can't get the hang of it because by the time you're in a good place to shoot you're to close to a defender.

I must admit, the skills choice doesn't bother me that much, I hardly ever use them on either game, prefer to just play some decent football and be done with it.

Obviously it doesn't make it a bad game, but it makes it inferior to Pro Evo in my eyes. I see no need to play a game I don't enjoy and can't have fun on.

Fifa has had the same problems for years now and still hasn't addressed them so it looks unlikely it will change. As far as I am aware Konami have already said the keepers have improved, but before the moaning started about the keepers, people were beggint for the keepers to make the odd mistake.

Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. We obviously want different things from football games, PES caters to your needs and FIFA to mine. I hope, I really hope, that Pro Evo gets it's act together because for me both outings on next-gen consoles have been poor. The screens for the new game look good but only time will tell whether the gameplay has improved.

EA are working to improve FIFA because they know they've lost fans to PES. Admittedly I was one of them, and I really like Pro Evo, but if FIFA does sort out the one or two problems it has, it'll be a while before I'm doing 12 hour Master League sessions again.

precisely, everybody is allowed their own opinions and are all valid. and again your comment about them not addressing it, this year they have and another one of the big chenges is the keepers, in past game they sort of had set dives whereby they would make the move but it was timed right so that the ball hit the keepers while in this dive instead of looking like the keepers made the save , so i hope this is one of the issues hey have sorted.

although i love fifa theres always one thing they never allow you to do and thats have a powerfull LOW shot, if oyu want to put it into the botto corner you ahev to tap the shoot button as if you put too mcuh power on it, it will just go over!!!!!!!!!! this majorly annoys me!

oh and the wrong usage of feet, for example if downing is on the left wing and comes inside diagonally he hits it with his right and goes into the competely rong corner you wanted rather than using his left or even the poutside of his left! i do admit pro evo has its good parts and it is very enjoyable but i love fifa that (big) bit more lol

and another thing why is it that when your like one on one and you smack it towards the top corner, the keepers just jump up and catch the ball as if somebodys just casually crossed it! lol

anyway i like fifa, why am i disgracing it! :angry: this is you ched!!!!!!!! :angry:

Christ, it's like reading a parody of Phube post.

Instead of acting as a PA man for Fifa, try and offer a little more insight instead of relying on pictures from the Internet. :laugh: We all know it won't turn out like that.

no ive seen a lot of the interviews and videos whereby in the past the answers from producers have greatly changed from will have a certain thing to may have, but in these are different, i know i sound like and ea spokesperson! and nobody can be better phube !!!!! how dare you compare me! ^_^

Biggest problem with PES - you can't be the foxes (unless you type in the names, but i can't be arsed with that.)

Biggest problem with FIFA - you can be the leicester - but every player for them is slow and crap meaning when you take them on-line and play against Barcleona 17 times, you do well to get close to the oppositions goal, let alone score! Oh and the defending is shocking!

Biggest problem with PES - you can't be the foxes (unless you type in the names, but i can't be arsed with that.)

Biggest problem with FIFA - you can be the leicester - but every player for them is slow and crap meaning when you take them on-line and play against Barcleona 17 times, you do well to get close to the oppositions goal, let alone score! Oh and the defending is shocking!

i know, why do the people at ea think if they are lower down the leagues, then they are slow???

Archived