Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tilley

Call Of Duty 5:World At War.

Yeah I've traded it in, gutted by that.

But ill be getting the 2nd soon enough.

Fantastic game, almost perfect in fact.

Argh, I've got a mate who does my head in, all he does is play COD, but once he gave Gears a go, he refused to ever play it again because he "didn't like the third person view". He likes Assassins Creed though, which for me is probably one of the most boring games ever made.

And so he returns to COD 4 online...YAWN.

Just look at this.

Yup - and it's a picture.

COD is imbued with playability, with a historical storyline that you can buy into.

GOW is bogus, alien chomping nonsense.

Maybe the next up will be decent but I bored of GOW incredibly quickly. Stupid made-up guns and daft things to fight. It was made by 12 yr olds who'd watched three sci-fi films. When I buy GOWII it'll be on discount because I'm not being suckered by tasty promo pictures or reviews given by mag journo's who paid by the software company adverts.

Yup - and it's a picture.

COD is imbued with playability, with a historical storyline that you can buy into.

GOW is bogus, alien chomping nonsense.

Maybe the next up will be decent but I bored of GOW incredibly quickly. Stupid made-up guns and daft things to fight. It was made by 12 yr olds who'd watched three sci-fi films. When I buy GOWII it'll be on discount because I'm not being suckered by tasty promo pictures or reviews given by mag journo's who paid by the software company adverts.

I like Ratchet and Clank. I like SSX.

I don't buy games for realism, I buy them based on playability.

I bored of WW2 after WW2 FPS, which, for the most part, offer nothing new. In fact, the last great World War 2 FPS that I can think of was MoH : Frontline, and that was 2001 / 2002.

Are you suggesting COD has no playability?

No I'm not, I like COD, but every, single, minute detail that the game has to offer has been repeated to me by my friends time and time again.

It's good but, for me, Gears has more to offer. A more character-led story, a great climax and a good variation of enemies.

Third person... lost me mate.

Not very good with all these sorts of terms.

:unsure:

Okay here we go:

First Person (you don't see yourself, avatar, just your guns/hands etc. i.e. your eyes are the camera):

Doom

524287_20060131_screen002.jpg

HALO

932095_20070430_screen013.jpg

CoD

939212_20080312_screen002.jpg

Over the Shoulder Third Person (you can see your Avatar, but his movements within the screen seem static, i.e. the camera is stuck in thier shoulder):

RE4

535840_20050107_screen013.jpg

GoW

928234_112906_screen017.jpg

True Third Person (your avatar is detached from you and will move around the screen, followed by a 'floating' camera)

Mario 64

n64_mario64.jpg

GTA

gtaIII.gif

Okay here we go:

First Person (you don't see yourself, avatar, just your guns/hands etc. i.e. your eyes are the camera):

Doom

524287_20060131_screen002.jpg

HALO

932095_20070430_screen013.jpg

CoD

939212_20080312_screen002.jpg

Over the Shoulder Third Person (you can see your Avatar, but his movements within the screen seem static, i.e. the camera is stuck in thier shoulder):

RE4

535840_20050107_screen013.jpg

GoW

928234_112906_screen017.jpg

True Third Person (your avatar is detached from you and will move around the screen, followed by a 'floating' camera)

Mario 64

n64_mario64.jpg

GTA

gtaIII.gif

What is that first game lol

That first game is an absolute classic and was a right laugh played over an LAN connection at work!

Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Heretic, Duke Nukem 3D, ... they don't make 'em like they used to.

I bought Doom and Duke Nukem 3D on the Live Arcade, and they are fantastic.

Genuinely, even now, its amazing how they can still hold their own.

• 2 weeks later...
What is that first game lol

That is the grandaddy of all the first-person shooters (along with Wolfenstein 3D)

That first game is an absolute classic and was a right laugh played over an LAN connection at work!

Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Heretic, Duke Nukem 3D, ... they don't make 'em like they used to.

You forgot Quake >_<, but Heretic is usually so overlooked!

Archived