Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The NBA Thread

4 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Was just looking at the Heat's roster and noticed a player named Nikola Jovic(not to be confused with Nikola Jokic) and that he was born in Leicester.

Yeah. Was in the last draft. His dad was apparently over here playing when he was born 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

Am I hearing that the NBA is going to TNT??  IF so anyone know the cheapest way to get it??  ITs a really expensive add on, on Sky?

Never done anything like this but might be tempted to go NBA season pass, if so.

I see some games will be shown through TNT, while some will be shown through Discovery+

Not sure if this offer still applies, but Sky Q & Sky Glass were doing an offer where you can add Discovery+ free of charge. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have zero interest in nba but when in the USA like to go to their sports. Saw the Houston rockets on Friday which was ok. Went to opening night at San Antonio tonight, the debut of their new super singing victor Wemby who is HUGE. Really enjoyed it, the game was so tight and Dallas just snatched it. Drama until the end! All the trash around the game (fan cam, dance off sponsored by titos, bucket challenge with mirror capital etc) is horrible. I got two free t shirts via the t shirt cannon which I will be hoping to sell! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Embiid scored 70 points last night against the Spurs.

They need to bring back the strict rules of the 80s and 90s regarding travelling, carrying and double dribbling. It's ridiculous now. Almost every single player is travelling and carrying the ball and ofc the players can't defend when you give such powers to the offense. 

I've played professionally and back then we had the fundamentals of foot planting strictly officiated. With the current rules I could have been playing in the NBA scoring left and right. 

Add to all the above the excessive amount of flopping and you have a complete picture of how the sport is going the wrong way now. I don't mind the modern style focused on 3 pointers because I was doing the same but it's shocking to see these efficient step backs which create space for shooting. When I was playing we weren't allowed to do these step backs and they were called travelling right away by the refs. 

On 23/01/2024 at 19:22, Fear Of The Fox said:

They need to bring back the strict rules of the 80s and 90s regarding travelling, carrying and double dribbling. It's ridiculous now. Almost every single player is travelling and carrying the ball and ofc the players can't defend when you give such powers to the offense. 

I've played professionally and back then we had the fundamentals of foot planting strictly officiated. With the current rules I could have been playing in the NBA scoring left and right. 

Add to all the above the excessive amount of flopping and you have a complete picture of how the sport is going the wrong way now. I don't mind the modern style focused on 3 pointers because I was doing the same but it's shocking to see these efficient step backs which create space for shooting. When I was playing we weren't allowed to do these step backs and they were called travelling right away by the refs. 

Who did you play for and when did you play for them?

2 hours ago, Fox said:

Who did you play for and when did you play for them?

Mid to end of 90s, started ofc very young in the mid 80s, age of 7-8 I was already a very good shooter. Really great times of the sport both in Europe (especially southeast where I played) and USA when knowledge of the fundamentals of the sport was respected. I still watch almost every night NBA games but it's really shocking that all these players are allowed to do sometimes even 5 or 6 steps. It's one of the reasons nobody can defend and we see very high scoring games. 

15 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Mid to end of 90s, started ofc very young in the mid 80s, age of 7-8 I was already a very good shooter. Really great times of the sport both in Europe (especially southeast where I played) and USA when knowledge of the fundamentals of the sport was respected. I still watch almost every night NBA games but it's really shocking that all these players are allowed to do sometimes even 5 or 6 steps. It's one of the reasons nobody can defend and we see very high scoring games. 

So who did you play for?